Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annahnomoss

After Austria's complaining after the match saying it should have been a card, Zlatan responded with.
"No, the referee has control over the situation. He sees it and Alaba moves in to me two times and the third I try to block the ball and he is 1.50cm or 1.60cm tall so he just about reaches my elbow.

The referee called it as a freekick for them so clearly he had a good eye on the situation."

Annahnomoss

"1.50cm tall" :lol:

I just love the guy.
:D He's one of the very rare footballers who I can imagine says exactly the same thing to the media and his team mates in the locker room.

Probably the only one who can get away with it as well without a huge drama. Didn't some footballer curse in front of the camera and then got a huge fine?

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
He is the closest thing to Cantona there is in the game over the past decade or so.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
:D He's one of the very rare footballers who I can imagine says exactly the same thing to the media and his team mates in the locker room.

Probably the only one who can get away with it as well without a huge drama. Didn't some footballer curse in front of the camera and then got a huge fine?
Rooney cursed in front of the camera in a friendly and got suspended for a match in the EPL in 2007 didn't he?

Nah, some of the stuff he does is funny and he's a great player but people seem to jump on any little thing he does to add to his character status.
Agreed

Lagger

Supports
FC Bayern
After Austria's complaining after the match saying it should have been a card, Zlatan responded with.
"No, the referee has control over the situation. He sees it and Alaba moves in to me two times and the third I try to block the ball and he is 1.50cm or 1.60cm tall so he just about reaches my elbow.

The referee called it as a freekick for them so clearly he had a good eye on the situation."
I hate Zlatan. But then he does crazy backflip goals, looks at people like "Dude, you're touching me? Seriously?" and brings lines like this one... I don't want to like him, dammit! :P

He's exactly like us at 16 on the schoolyard...

Annahnomoss

I hate Zlatan. But then he does crazy backflip goals, looks at people like "Dude, you're touching me? Seriously?" and brings lines like this one... I don't want to like him, dammit! :P

He's exactly like us at 16 on the schoolyard...
I used to dislike him a lot as well but he has matured and changed as a person and footballer to the better. Since 2012 he has a higher goals per game ratio than(everybody) Cristiano/Messi/Suarez/Neymar.

Counting for his club last season he scored 41 in 46 matches last season, exactly like Messi. But Zlatan had two assists more with 18, so he outproduced Messi last year.

"On his return to Italy Zlatan would go and win the league once again, this time as the driving force of Milan. He was in his element now that he had more control over the team. Allegri learnt how to deal with Zlatan, he gave him more ownership and leadership and whereas past coaches had treated Zlatan as their rogue genius, Allegri appeared to see a more balanced and mature individual who could help and guide his team. Had his time under Guardiola changed him?
Whether Zlatan had learnt the errors of his ways in Spain, whether he started to understand the importance of ‘team’ and sacrifice this blog cannot confirm. Yet what is clear is that since his return from Barca Ibra has become a genuine world class player. For both club and country his performances have excelled. Whereas he once made Sweden restrictive and over-reliant on their most talented player, Zlatan now started to become a leader both on and off the pitch."

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I used to dislike him a lot as well but he has matured and changed as a person and footballer to the better. Since 2012 he has a higher goals per game ratio than(everybody) Cristiano/Messi/Suarez/Neymar.

Counting for his club last season he scored 41 in 46 matches last season, exactly like Messi. But Zlatan had two assists more with 18, so he outproduced Messi last year.

"On his return to Italy Zlatan would go and win the league once again, this time as the driving force of Milan. He was in his element now that he had more control over the team. Allegri learnt how to deal with Zlatan, he gave him more ownership and leadership and whereas past coaches had treated Zlatan as their rogue genius, Allegri appeared to see a more balanced and mature individual who could help and guide his team. Had his time under Guardiola changed him?
Whether Zlatan had learnt the errors of his ways in Spain, whether he started to understand the importance of ‘team’ and sacrifice this blog cannot confirm. Yet what is clear is that since his return from Barca Ibra has become a genuine world class player. For both club and country his performances have excelled. Whereas he once made Sweden restrictive and over-reliant on their most talented player, Zlatan now started to become a leader both on and off the pitch."
That last bit could have been easily written by himself.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
He's brilliant, I fear for the Swedish NT the day he retires. We are a different animal (still not a very fierce one) with him on the pitch.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
I wish he had come here, but maybe its too late. He's approaching his mid-30s and is still immense!

Status
Not open for further replies.