Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Hawkeye

Zlatan in market for Reds move

AJAX striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has put himself in the shop window and stated Manchester United would be one of his chosen destinations.

The 22-year-old Swedish striker is one of Europe’s hottest prospects after three successful years at Ajax, and is now ready to step up to one of Europe’s leading leagues, according to his agent.

“Spain and Italy are the two championships in which he would gladly go and play – with Italy his first option, his agent told Calciomercato.it.

But his agent says the player wouldn’t rule out a move to the Reds should United show an interest.

“His future also depends on the club that makes the offer - if it is high enough, then he will leave. He could also choose Manchester United. His objective is to become the best player in the world," he added.

Whether Fergie will open the cheque book in January is open to speculation, but should he prise the board’s finger from the purse strings, it’s believed a striker would top his list of targets.

------------------------------------------------------------

I would love this guy, he is so arrogant that rival supporters would hate him :devil:

Escuchamezz

very good player, but he's an absolute twat.
btw is this link from tribalfootball? :smirk:

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
Hawkeye said:
I would love this guy, he is so arrogant that rival supporters would hate him :devil:
Our own PLAYERS would hate him too. Stay clear, Fergie.

Mr. Wood

Circle Jerkin' Wannabe
Hmmm very interesting.

I started a topic about him some time ago.

From what I've seen, he looks to be sheer class. On the other hand, judging by the responses my topic got, he's an absolute cnut.

Although I've heard he likes to play up front on his own, he looks to me like more of a support striker. Even if he could fit in with our formations, Fergie should certainly take his attitude into account.

Hawkeye

Red Indian Chief Torn Rubber said:
Zlatan is as arrogant and might end up being as skilled or as influencial as a mad man called Eric the Red that was once King at Old Trafford. And Fergie has a good record with such mad hatters. i.e Eric, Ince, Keane ..what harm would anothe r do:angel:

That is exactly what i was thinking when i posted this topic

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
when someone mentions the names of Kluivert, or Zlatan etc etc people jump in with shouts of "i dont want to see that arrogant cnut play for us" etc etc

yet they forget Cantona, Ince & Schmeichel... 3 of the most arrogant cnuts you're ever likely to meet

if they're good enough (according to management) they should be brought in, told how it is and given a chance. End of.

no° 23

golden_blunder said:
when someone mentions the names of Kluivert, or Zlatan etc etc people jump in with shouts of "i dont want to see that arrogant cnut play for us" etc etc.
and than to think it's absolute rubbish to say these players are arrogant.. Zlatan is anything but arrogant, in his first year with Ajax he was shite, he ended up on the bench, and he never demanded to play, he said "I know I'm not playing good and I'll train hard so I can improve and get into the team", something like that he said. He never said a bad thing about the club, even though he was on the bench practicly every match, while he was bought as the new star (and if you're bought like the new star, you expect to play). He isn't arrogant, it's just nonsense to say that. He had an attitude problem in the beginning, with giving deliberate elbows, but that time is over. Zlatan always works hard, tries to improve. Zlatan isn't arrogant..

Same goes for Kluivert, I saw an article here on this site saying that Kluivert said that he should be playing for Holland and v.Nistelrooy must be on the bench.. That's total bullshit, on Dutch TV he knew that probably either he or RvN would be on the bench, Kluivert said he hoped he would be the one playing, but the trainer would decide.. That's what he said. And also there is no trouble between Kluivert and v.Nistelrooy, trust me, if there's one thing they want it's playing together! They really want it to work, but sadly it hasn't till now.. :(

MelvinYeo

I'm only here for the post count
He's a twat.

He likes stealing penalties if you like,taking them that were meant for other players.

no° 23

Melvinyeo said:
He's a twat.

He likes stealing penalties if you like,taking them that were meant for other players.
how bad... he wants to take a penalty.. :rolleyes:

MelvinYeo

no° 23 said:
how bad... he wants to take a penalty.. :rolleyes:
..that was meant for someone else

Imagine him stealing one from Ruud :eek:

The incident was against San Marino IIRC,and the penalty was meant for Kallstrom.But Zlatan just placed the ball amid shouts from his team mates to leave it.And when he scored,nobody celebrated.

Slippy

Escuchamezz said:
very good player, but he's an absolute twat.
btw is this link from tribalfootball? :smirk:
Quite obivoussly you don´t know very much about him. His manners has become better and better during his time at Ajax. Not Gary-like ,but who is?

Beedle

He's a tricky bastard. He's a striker and how many goals does he score?

He has absolutely the talent, but he need someone who can take care of his personality. SAF is that person, but I would prefer another kind of forward togheter with ruud. They're too similar.

per09

very much bullshit here. i´m a swede so i´ve seen quite much of zlatan and he isn´t just an arrogant ass. indeed i would say that he has matured quite much in the last years.
for the scoringrecord i have to say that he´s grown in that area too. So far he has scored 9 goals in the league (only kezman has scored more) and a couple in the CL this year.
the penalty that he "stole" was just a lot of bullshit. sweden were cruising for an easy win against luxemburgh when they got a penalty in the dying minutes. zlatan asked if he could take the penalty and so he did, and scored. just like any goalscorer he jumped at the chance to score.
and the talk about that zlatan don´t get along with his teammates is also just bullshit. as far as i´m concerned then...

no° 23

Melvinyeo said:
..that was meant for someone else

Imagine him stealing one from Ruud :eek:

The incident was against San Marino IIRC,and the penalty was meant for Kallstrom.But Zlatan just placed the ball amid shouts from his team mates to leave it.And when he scored,nobody celebrated.
I know, I heard about the incident.. Zlatan was playing a bad match, he really wanted to score, like all strikers want to score and get a better feeling if they score, that's why he was determined to take the penalty..

Zlatan has no attitude problem, he's a good guy.. He had an attitude problem before, he could be provoked very easily, but he doesn't have that problem anymore...

Member 5225

was/is AWESOME for me in Champ Manager...but then again I play him INSTEAD of RVN (when RVN needs a rest) not WITH him....but then again having Raul as the deep striker/link-man providing the balls woud make any striker look good... :smirk:

Mr. Wood

Circle Jerkin' Wannabe
Melvinyeo said:
What do you mean by this? You described one incident that Per09 claims wasn't accurate. Has he done it any other times?

Also, claims that he is too similar to Ruud are bollox. I think he could be the perfect foil for him, personally.

Beedle

the penalty that he "stole" was just a lot of bullshit. sweden were cruising for an easy win against luxemburgh when they got a penalty in the dying minutes. zlatan asked if he could take the penalty and so he did, and scored. just like any goalscorer he jumped at the chance to score.
I have seen that situation many times too, and Zlatan did steal it from Kallstrøm. He just ran up and take it, and no player with some dignity does that. He is a twat, but good. I have no problems seeing him at Old trafford

MelvinYeo

Mr. Wood said:
What do you mean by this? You described one incident that Per09 claims wasn't accurate. Has he done it any other times?

Also, claims that he is too similar to Ruud are bollox. I think he could be the perfect foil for him, personally.
He did it again for Ajax,trying to take a penalty away from Galasek IIRC.But Galasek didn't stand that nonsense and waved him away

Mr. Wood

Circle Jerkin' Wannabe
Melvinyeo said:
He did it again for Ajax,trying to take a penalty away from Galasek IIRC.But Galasek didn't stand that nonsense and waved him away
What's wrong with that? I'm sure if someone else were taking the penalties at United, Ruud would want to take one or two.

MelvinYeo

Mr. Wood said:
What's wrong with that? I'm sure if someone else were taking the penalties at United, Ruud would want to take one or two.
But without the coach's permmision.

per09

I haven´t heard anything about zlatan tried to "steal" a penalty from galazek. the swedish newspaper are very fond of writing about zlatan (like english paper and becks) so i´m pretty sure that they would have reported it.
but like someone mentioned, i bet ruud could have done the same thing. correct me if i´m wrong but wasn´t becks and scholesy our penaltytakers when ruud arrived. it hasn´t anything to do with it but my point is that real strikers takes every chance to score.
I not sure that Zlatan is what we need but i just wanted you guys to know that he isn´t just an arrogant individual. and if he comes to united there won´t be any problem for Sir Alex.

Beedle

per09 said:
I haven´t heard anything about zlatan tried to "steal" a penalty from galazek. the swedish newspaper are very fond of writing about zlatan (like english paper and becks) so i´m pretty sure that they would have reported it.
but like someone mentioned, i bet ruud could have done the same thing. correct me if i´m wrong but wasn´t becks and scholesy our penaltytakers when ruud arrived. it hasn´t anything to do with it but my point is that real strikers takes every chance to score.
I not sure that Zlatan is what we need but i just wanted you guys to know that he isn´t just an arrogant individual. and if he comes to united there won´t be any problem for Sir Alex.
Why didn't Scholes and becks try to steal ruuds penalties then? They aren't strikers, but since they took penalties before they should have stole some penalties from Ruud. A great striker isn't great if he don't steal penalties. Is that your point?

You can't defend Zlatans stupid attitude, but he is surly a good player.

no° 23

Beedle said:
Why didn't Scholes and becks try to steal ruuds penalties then? They aren't strikers, but since they took penalties before they should have stole some penalties from Ruud. A great striker isn't great if he don't steal penalties. Is that your point?

You can't defend Zlatans stupid attitude, but he is surly a good player.
You are turning it around mate, Ruud "stole" (to use your word) the penalties from Becks and Scholes, that's the point! Strikers just wanna take penalties when they play bad, so they can score. Ruud started taking all the penalties when he played bad, to get confidence, not cause Becks and Scholes were bad penaltytakers (don't think either of em missed 3 in a row once..).

Mr. Wood

Circle Jerkin' Wannabe
no° 23 said:
You are turning it around mate, Ruud "stole" (to use your word) the penalties from Becks and Scholes, that's the point! Strikers just wanna take penalties when they play bad, so they can score. Ruud started taking all the penalties when he played bad, to get confidence, not cause Becks and Scholes were bad penaltytakers (don't think either of em missed 3 in a row once..).
:rolleyes:

Ruud takes our penalties becuase he is our best penalty taker. Simple as.

We didn't have a regular penalty taker before his arrival. Beckham, Scholes, Sheringham, etc. all took a few. I even remember Barthez wanting to take one against City.

MelvinYeo

no° 23 said:
:houllier:

When Ruud came,he was going to take all the penalties here at United,regardless how he was playing

Beedle

no° 23 said:
It had been ok if Zlatan asked Kallstrøm and the swedish coach before or in the match if it was ok if he took the penalty. I think he asked Kallstrøm in the match, but the national coach didn't want him to take it, but he didn't listen. That's not the same as Ruud getting allowed to take penalties by fergie to get confidence.

You're focusing on Zlatans position as a goalscorer and says that this allows him to run and take penalties from others. I mean he can't do that unless the coach or other players allows him to do that. You will get some problems in life if you has the same opinions about other things in life. You can't take everything you want.

trexcer

Red Indian Chief Torn Rubber said:
Zlatan is as arrogant and might end up being as skilled or as influencial as a mad man called Eric the Red that was once King at Old Trafford. And Fergie has a good record with such mad hatters. i.e Eric, Ince, Keane ..what harm would anothe r do:angel:
n we do need an arrogant player to play the team to the mark...but would zlatan be the rite candidiate?...can his arrogancy matched with henry's?

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
trexcer said:
n we do need an arrogant player to play the team to the mark...but would zlatan be the rite candidiate?...can his arrogancy matched with henry's?
Henry's "arrogance" is none existent. He is as swaggerless as Giggs. Only tries to put on a front like Bwecks when he is a softy for on pith humility. Zlatan is a classy verion of the :drool: Robbie Savage type