Tapatalk iphone/Blackberry forum viewer

Ivor Ballokov

I was just wondering whether Niall would be interested in adding the tapatalk plugin to the Caf. Basically it would mean browsing the forums would be so much easier for iphone/blackberry users which I'd imagine there are quite a few of us these days.

Here is the itunes page for the app itself so you can see what it does better than my description.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tapatalk-forum-client-for/id307880732?mt=8

and this is how you apparently install the plugin

Tapatalk - Online Community at your fingertips!

Thanks for your time overlords.

Bo_7iDaR

That's an excellent suggestion! Any chance you can make it happen?

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Works fine on the iPhone.

It's a pain in the arse browsing the net on a BlackBerry though.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Ive browsed it on the Iphone and its good, though im sure it could be better with a dedicated mobile version, but not really the end of the world either way.

Hell, we should definitely produce a redcafe app for the iphone...blogs, podcasts, forum viewing...that would definitely rule.

Ivor Ballokov

Works fine on the iPhone.

It's a pain in the arse browsing the net on a BlackBerry though.
It's a pain in the ass on the iphone too, multi page threads are difficult to navigate for a start as the page numbers are hard to press, if you read it while the phone is vertical then the text is small, if you read it horizontally then it is a lot better but the navigation buttons can be quite bothersome. It isn't impossible to use but it certainly could be improved by tapatalk imo.

AlwaysRedwood

Anything ever happen with this?

I was thinking of downloading a tapatalk app for my phone (pre)

phelans shorts

The answer you all are waiting for.

Most if not all mods/upgrades like this are on hold for the moment. Basically Niall is waiting to see how the newest version of vBulletin goes (it is rubbish at the moment) before deciding to upgrade to it or to migrate to different software. We will keep you posted but it might take a while I'm afraid. We don't want to get it wrong.

Jonno

BUMP

Any update on this? It would be a fantastic addition. Its so painful seeing BlueMoon as the most popular Sports Forum on Tapatalk :(

Jonno

The Caf works great on my iPhone already, the only issue I have is that I click on 'General Chat' I accidentally hit above it 'Mark all forums as read' and then kick myself.
But its not just the way that it performs on the iPhone, but its about data usage too, and with it being integrated into Tapatalk, it would mean that purely just text would be downloaded from Redcafe rather than all the pages/colours/pics etc that come with it