Sneijder: Real Treat Players Without Respect

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
Tell us something we don't know Wesley.
Sneijder: Real treated me like a child - FourFourTwo

“I didn’t make my choice for the World Cup,” he told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“I did it for the future. I chose Inter because I can feel like a protagonist. I was one among many in Madrid. And they treated me like a child.

“I am under the impression that the coach does not count for much in Madrid. Real are in a world of their own: money has never been a problem for them and they treat people without respect.

“But I am proud to have been part of Real Madrid’s history.”

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
Fairplay to him for feeling "proud" to be a part of their history though, could very easily go the Tevez route and just be a utter cnut.

fergieisold

This is why they won't succeed in becoming the greatest team in the next decade. They could be a success, but no more than any other big club that builds it's team more responsibly, creating a period where they win a lot of trophies. They have created a monster that has a decent chance of achieving what Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester United and any number of big teams might in the next 10 years.

jatin

there's too much blood in my alcohol system!!
This is why they won't succeed in becoming the greatest team in the next decade. They could be a success, but no more than any other big club that builds it's team more responsibly, creating a period where they win a lot of trophies. They have created a monster that has a decent chance of achieving what Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester United and any number of big teams might in the next 10 years.
thats bollocks,

if they turn out to be an all conquering side in the next decade then like it or not, they will succeed in the becoming the greatest team of the decade, results matter in the end

end off

Cal?

CR7 fan
They have a much much better chance than Arsenal or Liverpool to win lots of trophies in the coming decade.

They have lots of money...

Scholesgoals

thats bollocks,

if they turn out to be an all conquering side in the next decade then like it or not, they will succeed in the becoming the greatest team of the decade, results matter in the end

end off
this post is a tautology and makes no sense.

Great Hat

I think the way they've cast a few players off this summer has been unceremonious, but they've not really done anything that terrible imo. Sneijder had a right to be agrieved a bit, as he's a superb player, and his club were more than happy to offload him, but Madrid have enough money to build a worldbeating side, and were obviously happy to sell him on. Nice to see him keep his cool though, as he actually has reason to be a bit upset with their treatment of him.

Class player, and seems a decent bloke, best of luck to him at Inter.

Alex

It's not just the money that makes Real dangerous, it's their mythological standing by a lot of great players, like it's pinnacle to play there

Lailiani

(Sadly not) Banned
It's not just the money that makes Real dangerous, it's their mythological standing by a lot of great players, like it's pinnacle to play there
And yet players will never learn, will they?

But I don't think Real Madrid is the only club that tends to treat its players at times worse than they actually deserve it. We've done the same in our history, David's treatment still gives me a feeling of unease and he's by far not the only example, so hypocrisy shouldn't be appropriate.

Real's problem is their lack of planning and sustainability. They are trying to release about five players and this is more disturbing than getting rid of one or two players in a season.

holyland red

"Holier-than-thou fundamentalist"
Tell us something we don't know Wesley.
Sneijder: Real treated me like a child - FourFourTwo

“I didn’t make my choice for the World Cup,” he told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“I did it for the future. I chose Inter because I can feel like a protagonist. I was one among many in Madrid. And they treated me like a child.

“I am under the impression that the coach does not count for much in Madrid. Real are in a world of their own: money has never been a problem for them and they treat people without respect.

“But I am proud to have been part of Real Madrid’s history.”
Slaves

Great Hat

Real's problem is their lack of planning and sustainability. They are trying to release about five players and this is more disturbing than getting rid of one or two players in a season.
They won't be the first or the last club to sell five players in a season, it's just that with the money they have, and the quality of player they can now afford, they're at liberty to part with some pretty high-class and well-respected players. That doesn't mean they're not buying/building for the future though, and it's unlikely they'll struggle these next few seasons.

vijay

Im rude and disprespectful to the ladies of the fo
They're the biggest club indeed.Run by idiots but still the biggest
No biggest club can go underground if they dont have success, we went through a lull period in 70's and 80's but still we had the aura, Doubt any one outside Madrid would've bothered about Real Madrid in the 70's and 80's as much they cared for Liverpool or Barcelona.

Even when they won the first two CL's never thought they played some great football to warrant the support of neutrals, its after they started breaking transfer records, muppet brigade started to worship them. In contrast we already had a global following after the Munich disaster and the subsequent European cup win.

vijay

Cannot understand this biggest club shite by the Spanish clubs. How much was the telecast of Spanish football in the 70's and 80's? Atleast Barcelona had Cruyff and Maradona during that period and a host of other great players from the 90's. Who are those big superstars that played for Real Madrid after the Di Stefano era until they bought Figo, Zidane, Ronaldo and Beckham.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Cannot understand this biggest club shite by the Spanish clubs. How much was the telecast of Spanish football in the 70's and 80's? Atleast Barcelona had Cruyff and Maradona during that period and a host of other great players from the 90's. Who are those big superstars that played for Real Madrid after the Di Stefano era until they bought Figo, Zidane, Ronaldo and Beckham.
Why are you always mentioning the 70s/80s ? It's all about how they're considered right now and not in the past

vijay

Why are you always mentioning the 70s/80s ? It's all about how they're considered right now and not in the past
True, In the last eight or nine years they have managed to tap in marketable footballers, and it had magnified their past achievements as the greatest club, but they can quickly implode if they dont win consecutive CL's.

In contrast United's resurgence in the 90's was gradual from Giggs, Cantona, Keane, Beckam to Ronaldo but still there werent shortage in attendances or aura whenever we weren't successful.

Barcelona from the 90's have had Laudrup, Romario, Stiockovic, Ronaldo, Figo, Rivaldo to Messi and Ronaldinho, Real Madrid never ever boasted players of that stature even today to warrant a global support.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Fairplay to him for feeling "proud" to be a part of their history though, could very easily go the Tevez route and just be a utter cnut.
Well Real Madrid is his boyhood club..

They are in shambles even when they have bucket loads of money! By the sounds of what Sneijder said not much seems to have changed in Madrid, with their manager given no real power! Ignore the pun!

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
In the last eight or nine years they have managed to tap in marketable footballers, and it had magnified their past achievements as the greatest club.
In contrast United's resurgence in the 90's was gradual from Giggs, Cantona, Keane, Beckam to Ronaldo but still there werent shortage in attendances or aura whenever we werent successful.

Barcelona from the 90's have had Laudrup, Romario, Stiockovic, Ronaldo, Figo, Rivaldo to Messi and Ronaldinho, Real Madrid never ever boasted players of that stature even today to warrant a global support.
I think the Madrid fascination is more than just based on facts that you're enumerating.It's something else, I do realize the elements you're mentioning are spot on but I've seen people in France, Africa and Asia all consider Madrid as the biggest club and most people aren't even footy fans

vijay

After Pele/DiStefano era there was Keagen, Beckenbauer, Rumminegge, Neeskens, Cruyff, Platini, Maradona, Matthaues, Daligish to a host of Italian, Dutch and Brazilian superstars. Why all these players choose Italian, English clubs and Barcelona over Real Madrid even with all their cash and greatness?

vijay

I think the Madrid fascination is more than just based on facts that you're enumerating.It's something else, I do realize the elements you're mentioning are spot on but I've seen people in France, Africa and Asia all consider Madrid as the biggest club and most people aren't even footy fans
May be these days after the internet has grown big along with the Global telecast reaching world wide audience, people choose draw on the line on current big names and past trophies more than anything else. In Asia we have a culture with fan following of Liverpool and Manchester United gradually seeping across generations, in contrast the so called global support of Real Madrid looks plastic even with all the big names they try to permutate.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
...Who are those big superstars that played for Real Madrid after the Di Stefano era....
Paul Brietner, Gunter Neitzer, Uli Stielike, Lawrence Cunningham, Michael Laudrup, Ivan Zamorano, Emilio Butragueno, Michel, Manolo Sanchis, John Metgod, Hugo Sanchez, Oscar Rugieri, Luis Enrique, Hagi, Freddy Rincon Ricardo Rocha, Redondo, Hierro, Suker, Mijatovic, Seedorf, Karembeu, Roberto Carlos, Bodo Illgner, Panucci, Prosinecki, Petkovic etc

All before the Zidane & Figo signings.

vijay

Paul Brietner, Gunter Neitzer, Uli Stielike, Lawrence Cunningham, Michael Laudrup, Ivan Zamorano, Emilio Butragueno, Michel, Manolo Sanchis, John Metgod, Hugo Sanchez, Oscar Rugieri, Luis Enrique, Hagi, Freddy Rincon Ricardo Rocha, Redondo, Hierro, Suker, Mijatovic, Seedorf, Karembeu, Prosinecki, Petkovic etc

All before the Zidane & Figo signings.
Not seen them all but Enrique, Laudrup played their best football at Barca. Zamarano was an underachiever before Laudrup joined Real, so was Hagi winning sod all. Butrragueno was a bottler in international football and a local hero in the Spanish league. His greatest achievement was leading a team of Canetras to multiple league wins when their Spanish league as a whole for shite. Michel I would give it had more flair from what I saw in the world cups.

Dunno what really Cunningham achieved at Madrid apart from the standing ovation he got at Nou Camp.

Rest are above average to good footballers, its apparent for any big European club there would be loads of such players going over a period of 20 years. Are they anywhere as good as players that played for United, Barcelona or the ones in the Italian league compartively during the same period?

Boss

Melodramatic, attention seeking space-attacker
I left you with enough memories to resurrect me wi
Even when Zidane, Figo, Ronaldo and Beckham all played together they failed to win a single league title or any other trophy for that matter.
True but Zidane and Figo won the Champions League, Zidane, Figo and R9 won Laiga together. All didn't win together but Becks left Spain as a champion. Anyway what point are you trying to make?