£18.6m Fletcher

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
This is not the right game to make fun of that if this is the case. Fletcher was immense too.

Note that I wasn't saying this, I just explained to you what he was on about. I happen to remember it because some idiot said it long ago while I was still in the newbies. And I don't think we need to comment on Fletcher's contribution today.

Giggsy PO

Wimbledon Prediction Champion 09
Fletcher is now worth at least £30 mil
Imagine some other forum, let´s say some real madrid board with thread like

FLETCHER!!!!!!!!!!!!
Calderon please buy him!

Sell those nutcases Emerson, Diarra...

rrarraroon

youth team player
I guess I don't have to argue anymore with the muppets here that don't believe Carrick was bought to be Scholes' replacement. Obviously SAF envisions Hargy-Carrick for years to come. If Fletcher keeps this up, he will make a capable 3rd fiddle.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
His workrate today was very impressive I have to say. Chased every ball, sprinted around like crazy and outmuscled Totti and his friends.

If he could only do that on a regular basis

chuck micallef

They owned the mighty De Rossi.
With all due respect....I wouldn`t mind De Rossi in our team next year. He would add some steel to it and and another piece to the puzzle. And I`m sure after seeing the way our team played tonight, he would salivate to be part of it.

kundalini

Sure Carrick had a dream night scoring goals that you'd normally only see from the likes of Frank Lampard or perhaps Glenn Hoddle (the first one). But if Carrick was 9/10 then Fletcher was worth at least 8/10 for a typical hardworking display in midfield, closing players down, super passing, getting up and down the pitch. Is Carrick really better than Fletcher in central midfield? Not on the basis of what we saw tonight. They both had unbelievably good games.

Fletcher gets a lot of abuse on here. If you judge him on his displays on the right wing (or right side of midfield) then of course he's been rubbish because he simply doesn't have the talents to play there, but his displays in central midfield have been of a decent standard. Carrick has been played in the correct position, rather than being forced to play in a role that doesn't suit him.

On the basis of that performance, and indeed the away leg, Scholes should not get his place back. Frankly he doesn't deserve it after his insane display. Fletcher and Carrick both delivered big time in a huge match.

B Cantona

Desperate
That was easily Fletchers greatest performance in a United shirt. I've never seen him put himself about so much in a game, he was like Makalele in his prime. feck it, he was better than Makalele in his prime.

I've not been a fan of him at all in the past, average performance after average performance. Failure to convert this so called promise. Well I tell you what, if he can carry on producing that kind of performance for us, I'll be completely and utterly proved wrong.

Whichever of those players, Carrick or Fletcher, gets dropped for the game against Watford, it's a bloody travesty!

Ekeke

For all Fletcher's gritty determination, Carrick showed the gap in 'class' today. And while Fletcher was gung ho and getting in their face all night, I think Carrick had a sound game defensively too and contributed a lot both defensively and in attacking areas as well as scoring 2 fantastic goals.

Certainly he was very, very, very unlucky to give away the freekicks he did outside the box. Really he did nothing wrong and they were awesome tackles.

yeaher

what goals by carrick, the first one reminded me of keane, the second one was just a rocket and he is showing that he is a great player

2Bullish

For all Fletcher's gritty determination, Carrick showed the gap in 'class' today. And while Fletcher was gung ho and getting in their face all night, I think Carrick had a sound game defensively too and contributed a lot both defensively and in attacking areas as well as scoring 2 fantastic goals.

Certainly he was very, very, very unlucky to give away the freekicks he did outside the box. Really he did nothing wrong and they were awesome tackles.

Thats why Carrick was able to get forward to score the goals, because of Fletcher don't forget that.

Carrick was awesome tonight because of the confidence that Fletcher gave him to go forward, immense display by Fletch, I am astonished at how well he played, MOM for me. Lets hope this is the catalyst he needs to progress to the next level.

Romaleouf

Fletcher is now worth at least £30 mil
:lol: Obviously you are a Fletcher fanatic.

If he was playing out on the right, he wouldn't even be worth £3 but Fletcher really did play his heart out during the match.

After all these years, Sir Alex has finally decided to play Fletcher where he can excel instead of a permanent liability on the right wing.

Fletcher's value would increase, but perhaps only you and you alone would pay £30 mil for him. (in such a case, he would be sold off because it would be easier to get at least 2 players to replace him with that kind of money)

However, as one who has graduated from the Academy, it is best to keep him as a squad member. He can come in when needed and still can fulfill the expectations of fans like yourself.

Superb performance in the centre, harassed, chased, hounded and scurryed in the middle of the park to unsettle and upset the opposition's play.

Red17

:lol: Obviously you are a Fletcher fanatic.

If he was playing out on the right, he wouldn't even be worth £3 but Fletcher really did play his heart out during the match.

After all these years, Sir Alex has finally decided to play Fletcher where he can excel instead of a permanent liability on the right wing.

Fletcher's value would increase, but perhaps only you and you alone would pay £30 mil for him. (in such a case, he would be sold off because it would be easier to get at least 2 players to replace him with that kind of money)

However, as one who has graduated from the Academy, it is best to keep him as a squad member. He can come in when needed and still can fulfill the expectations of fans like yourself.

Superb performance in the centre, harassed, chased, hounded and scurryed in the middle of the park to unsettle and upset the opposition's play.
For once, can you let it rest. Your anti-Fletcher bias is getting very tiresome and wearing thin especially after a night like this and the season he's had so far.

:mad: :mad: