£1m plus per week saved - will it/ should it be reinvested?

Andy_Cole

Pogba £290k
Cavani £250k
Matic £100k
Mata £150k
Lingard £150k
Henderson £100k

Add to that Jones, Bailey, Greenwood, Martial who could potentially be out.

That’s a crazy amount of wages. It’s a double edged sword reinvesting this as it would increase our wage structure, but I’d rather money pumped back into the team instead of the Glazers pockets.

So far £150k additional has been spent on Bruno.
£300k for FDJ. Maybe another £300k on other new signings assuming they’re not as high profile as FDJ. That would leave a surplus of £300k of guaranteed outs plus another £500k of potential outs.

Interesting position we’ve found ourselves in.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
What kind of question is that? Of course it should be reinvested. Isn't that the whole purpose of letting these players go? They have to be replaced. No two ways about it.

Abraxas

Well, it's going to be, isn't it? You've said yourself, some will be reinvested in new signings.

I don't think there's going to be a rush to spend every last 50k per week in order to replicate whatever grossly inflated total we managed before. It's not a target to reach, wages are always fluctuating within certain limits. We will do the deals that we can afford to do and fees, installments, wages all play into that.

Elcabron

The whole squad on 25% less due to no CL football. Somebody in the Galzers are considering selling thread reckoned this to be a saving of 54m pa. @MUFC OK

Andy_Cole

What kind of question is that? Of course it should be reinvested. Isn't that the whole purpose of letting these players go? They have to be replaced. No two ways about it.
The issue United have is over paying average players. This then makes it very difficult to sell if they don’t work out. Maybe we should reduce our wage budget and reinvest that budget elsewhere (for example transfer fees).

Tallis

We have Martial on 250k and Harry is somewhere around those figures as well. Need to reclaim those as back as well.

cyril C

50 million extra dividend for the Glazers and 2 million sign on fee for Phil Jones new contract.
And half a mil a week, to maintain the new yacht. hey, it is a bargain, costing only 150m previously owned by Roman.

cyril C

We have Martial on 250k and Harry is somewhere around those figures as well. Need to reclaim those as back as well.
Unless and until Greenwood is convicted, we need to pay his wages, just like we have been paying Jones for years.

MUFC OK

The whole squad on 25% less due to no CL football. Somebody in the Galzers are considering selling thread reckoned this to be a saving of 54m pa. @MUFC OK
Yeah the wage budget for next season is £96m less than last season as things stand (departures and 25% reduction due to no CL). I doubt we will see that reinvested elsewhere though, which was my point. A brilliant summer so far for our owners.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Considering the intention would be to get straight back into the UCL, then this isn’t funds that can really be counted on

crossy1686

career ending
Well De Jong is rumoured to be coming in on £250k a week at least, Eriksen won’t be on less than £150k a week. I would also expect that saving that much over the year will be used as transfer budget this summer also.

Gurtej

Well De Jong is rumoured to be coming in on £250k a week at least, Eriksen won’t be on less than £150k a week. I would also expect that saving that much over the year will be used as transfer budget this summer also.
Sell martial!! 250k recovered …. Unbelievable what we gave him!! Madness

crossy1686

career ending
Sell martial!! 250k recovered …. Unbelievable what we gave him!! Madness
Not a single club in the world would take him, probably not even on loan now either unless it’s a massive step down in terms of league, and you can bet we’ll be paying at least 90% of his wages for the remainder of his contract even if he’s not here.

Crashoutcassius

Yeah the wage budget for next season is £96m less than last season as things stand (departures and 25% reduction due to no CL). I doubt we will see that reinvested elsewhere though, which was my point. A brilliant summer so far for our owners.
You doubt we will spend 100m even though we typically do or you doubt we will add 100m in wages ? I don't think we should ever target to spend x in wages if it is the latter

MUFC OK

You doubt we will spend 100m even though we typically do or you doubt we will add 100m in wages ? I don't think we should ever target to spend x in wages if it is the latter
I think that covers the majority of the transfer budget. Glazers will be chuffed.

Elcabron

Considering the intention would be to get straight back into the UCL, then this isn’t funds that can really be counted on
It's still 54m which will not be paid out this this year which in the normal course of events could be used to sign a player.....or two.

Unfortunately there is also no guarantee that we will be back in the CL for next season.

Other side of the coin of course is that revenue will be down by a lot more I assume due to not being in the CL.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
It's still 54m which will not be paid out this this year which in the normal course of events could be used to sign a player.....or two.

Unfortunately there is also no guarantee that we will be back in the CL for next season.

Other side of the coin of course is that revenue will be down by a lot more I assume due to not being in the CL.
To directly cover loss of revenue for not being in the UCL

Elcabron

Prob offset against a bigger drop in revenue though
Yeah I suppose so. Would be interesting to know though the revenue generated by winning the Europa v getting knocked out of CL in the first knock out round after the group stages.