Alvaro Fernandez image 74

Alvaro Fernandez Spain flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Came on around 75 minutes today, did alright when he was on the ball but Evans got sent off about 5 minutes after he came on so the game died off a bit. Had 2 pieces of defending to do and did well for both pieces.

Magicmike

Started in the EFL cup today and got 2 assists. He was subbed at half time, hopefully just to save him for the weekend and not due to any injury concerns.
Their manager said that ”he rolled her ankle and it was more of precaution taking him off, it might be bit stiff tomorrow but he will be fine Thursday, Friday.”

Thiagoal

Very impressive debut for the boy. He’s so composed in the final third and able to pick out the right pass. Will be interesting to see how his defending develops over the year and if he’s able to make a starting spot his own!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Nice to know he did well on his debut. Hopefully he can take Shaw's place eventually in our squad.

MUFC OK

Big hopes for the lad. Not unfeasible for him to become as good as someone like Cucurella, that Chelsea have just paid 60m for.

If he does well this year and avoids major injuries would like to see him on loan in the Prem next season.

Fabio Rochemback

Am I right in saying he's very two-footed and played some games at RB for the youth teams? Given Malacia's early promise and our deficiencies at RB, maybe there's a chance for him there?

A left-footed RB would be a first in the EPL, and I've never heard of it anywhere in world football but there have been plenty of good right-footed LBs so, why not?

Remember the geese

Am I right in saying he's very two-footed and played some games at RB for the youth teams? Given Malacia's early promise and our deficiencies at RB, maybe there's a chance for him there?

A left-footed RB would be a first in the EPL, and I've never heard of it anywhere in world football but there have been plenty of good right-footed LBs so, why not?
In the event that Malacia continues to thrive and Shaw struggles, I'd rather see Fernandez compete with Malacia at left back next season. Alternatively, he could perhaps be used centrally on occasion. Either way, he's a quality talent.

NoPace

In the event that Malacia continues to thrive and Shaw struggles, I'd rather see Fernandez compete with Malacia at left back next season. Alternatively, he could perhaps be used centrally on occasion. Either way, he's a quality talent.
Yeah, the obvious move is for Shaw to go to a mid-table Prem side who need a better LB like Everton, Newcastle or Leicester and we bring back Fernandez and make a 20M or so profit on the position to use towards other holes (RB, #9, #8, CB, GK).

If we bring in another CB and Malacia is injured or suspended we can always play Martinez at LB in a tough game with a big money Maguire replacement (he also needs to move to one of the above teams or West Ham, Chelsea or Spurs) partnering Varane in the middle, with Alvaro playing the games where we're on the attack more.

Remember the geese

Yeah, the obvious move is for Shaw to go to a mid-table Prem side who need a better LB like Everton, Newcastle or Leicester and we bring back Fernandez and make a 20M or so profit on the position to use towards other holes (RB, #9, #8, CB, GK).
Yeah I'm down for this.
If we bring in another CB and Malacia is injured or suspended we can always play Martinez at LB in a tough game with a big money Maguire replacement (he also needs to move to one of the above teams or West Ham, Chelsea or Spurs) partnering Varane in the middle, with Alvaro playing the games where we're on the attack more.
Rather optimistically, I would like Varane to stay fit and for him and Martinez to establish themselves as our first choice pairing. We should sell Maguire, but I'd like to replace him with a young, high potential player who can come in and play 20-25 games in all competitions. Lindelof can stay as 3rd/4th choice if he wants. All dependent on Varane staying fit though obviously.

NoPace

Yeah I'm down for this.

Rather optimistically, I would like Varane to stay fit and for him and Martinez to establish themselves as our first choice pairing. We should sell Maguire, but I'd like to replace him with a young, high potential player who can come in and play 20-25 games in all competitions. Lindelof can stay as 3rd/4th choice if he wants. All dependent on Varane staying fit though obviously.
Yeah, the cleanest move, assuming we're staying with a 4 man defence, would be something like this next summer:

Out - Shaw, Maguire
In - top young RCB before he costs 70M, like Leicester or Arsenal getting Fofana or Saliba, 1st choice RB, doesn't have to be super young, literally the best player available since Dalot is a backup at this level. Presumably Ten Hag wants Timber. Malo Gusto, Livramento (if he comes back good from the injury) and Vanderson look like stars of the future and will move to bigger clubs for massive fees presumably. Might not want a little guy like Frimpong or Lamptey since we already have Malacia and Lisandro on set pieces in defensive positions and if Sancho and Antony are our wingers they're not marking anyone either. Basically we'd just have Casemiro, the RCB, our #9 and that's it in terms of guys who could mark.

Malacia(Fernandez)-Lisandro(Lindelof)-Varane(RCB)-RB(Dalot)

Remember the geese

Yeah, the cleanest move, assuming we're staying with a 4 man defence, would be something like this next summer:

Out - Shaw, Maguire
In - top young RCB before he costs 70M, like Leicester or Arsenal getting Fofana or Saliba, 1st choice RB, doesn't have to be super young, literally the best player available since Dalot is a backup at this level. Presumably Ten Hag wants Timber. Malo Gusto, Livramento (if he comes back good from the injury) and Vanderson look like stars of the future and will move to bigger clubs for massive fees presumably. Might not want a little guy like Frimpong or Lamptey since we already have Malacia and Lisandro on set pieces in defensive positions and if Sancho and Antony are our wingers they're not marking anyone either. Basically we'd just have Casemiro, the RCB, our #9 and that's it in terms of guys who could mark.

Malacia(Fernandez)-Lisandro(Lindelof)-Varane(RCB)-RB(Dalot)
I definitely think this is the way to go. The only thing that bothers me slightly is that I rate Ethan Laird and would want to see him given an opportunity. It's a big call though if it comes at the expense of signing a top right back. Other than that, I think a goalkeeper and a centre forward are big priorities next summer.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Just having a look and it seems he got injured in the EFL cup earlier in the month (after getting two assists)? Annoying.

NoPace

I definitely think this is the way to go. The only thing that bothers me slightly is that I rate Ethan Laird and would want to see him given an opportunity. It's a big call though if it comes at the expense of signing a top right back. Other than that, I think a goalkeeper and a centre forward are big priorities next summer.
If Laird is good in the Champo and he chooses to re-sign with us then he can go on loan to a Prem side next year as a final loan anyways. Could always come back in 2024 and we sell Dalot, though he also appears to be out of contract next year so maybe he'll leave on a free and Laird will be the backup rather than spending 100K a year on Dalot or whatever he'll command as a free agent if Ten Hag isn't convinced by him.

IRN-BRUno

Preview of yesterday's game says he's just started training and there's a chance he'd be involved in the squad so I guess he might be back for them in midweek.

Incidentally Preston have five 0-0 draws and a 1-0 win in their 6 league games!

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
PNE fans:

Absolutely brilliant going forwards .Stick him anywhere on a wing get everyone else defending .Looks a cut above ,so much time and awareness on the ball .Must start in my opinion .
Genuinely reminds me of when Bale was at this level for Southampton 15 years ago.

This lad is going right to the top, will certainly be playing for someone in premier league next season. Hopefully not from January.....

It's a nice balance aswell as Brady can use his experience to cover when he goes forward so left side of the team is no problem at all compared to other areas.
Lovely composed footballer. He just has obvious class.
Cracking player.
A right footed clone arriving tomorrow would be nice
It’s so scary to see someone that good at football before they’ve even filled out proper, he’s literally a boy.
He is been at Madrid and United and now at the mighty PNE. Will go far this kid - needs to start more games for me. Start at LWB and play Brady in midfield instead?

izec

Why? If it goes like this, next summer we sell Shaw and make Alvaro an understudy to Malacia
Malacia is good, but offensively lacks a bit so far. Alvaro could play plenty of games next season where we expect to be on the front foot. He can create from the LB position.

Remember the geese

Massive fan of this lad. If we struggle to get a tune out of Shaw this season, I'd happily flog him off to Moyes or Howe and have this kid battle with Malacia. Class act.

Status
Not open for further replies.