Ángel Di María | Transferred to PSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moriarty

Like I said, he can feck off to PSG, I don't particularly care at this stage, but I think LvG did a really poor job with him. You don't spend that much money on a player you say you need and then have no idea how to utilize him.
You're right about that. Di Maria is copping all kinds of flak from the supporters and rightly so, but Van Gaal seems immune from criticism over the way he handled him. I'm still not convinced by Van Gaal though he's an upgrade on Moyes. He still hasn't sorted the defence out and we're going into the season light up front. The De Gea business is dragging on and there's a chance he'll be off before the window closes leaving us with a right duck-egg between the sticks.

Roman Bellic

Prick
You're right about that. Di Maria is copping all kinds of flak from the supporters and rightly so, but Van Gaal seems immune from criticism over the way he handled him. I'm still not convinced by Van Gaal though he's an upgrade on Moyes. He still hasn't sorted the defence out and we're going into the season light up front. The De Gea business is dragging on and there's a chance he'll be off before the window closes leaving us with a right duck-egg between the sticks.
Van Gaal doesn't know how to manage players, but the players still perform well.

rotherham_red

He was very good for the first two months of the season before his injury, so that's harsh. I've no idea why, post-injury, LvG used him as a striker. It was a truly baffling call, and unsurprisingly he played poor there and that's where everything went to shite with him.

Like I said, he can feck off to PSG, I don't particularly care at this stage, but I think LvG did a really poor job with him. You don't spend that much money on a player you say you need and then have no idea how to utilize him.
Up until the International break, he was. West Brom away and Chelsea at home onwards, he was poor.

ghagua

I might be the only one on this site wanting LvG gone at this stage, but Di Maria is responsible for all this crap. Sure LvG could have done better with him, but from end of January onward, Di Maria basically gave up. He was not even trying on the pitch. Falcao was in the same boat, really struggling, but you could see that he was busting his guts trying. Regarding De Gea, just my feeling that he is looking for a move to get away from LvG. There were rumors around Christmas or the new year that they did not get along, something which De Gea denied, but i'm sure that there is some truth to that.

Brightonian

He was very good for the first two months of the season before his injury, so that's harsh. I've no idea why, post-injury, LvG used him as a striker. It was a truly baffling call, and unsurprisingly he played poor there and that's where everything went to shite with him.

Agree with this. If anything, the number of baffling decisions that LVG persisted with, particularly in the first six months of the season, masked his strange, indecisive approach to Di Maria. If he'd been getting everything else right - or at least getting it wrong via decisions that made a little more sense - then there'd have been way more outcry about his misuse of ADM. Winger, midfielder, striker, dropping him when he was doing ok, starting him out of position when he was struggling for form - it's remarkable he chalked up the decent numbers he did, really.

Not really bothered he's going though. He didn't contribute enough to be missed in footballing terms, and while his attitude was never bad he didn't exactly do anything to win fans over. Plus I don't I don't want galactico signings and struggle to warm to them.

Natener

How many days has he been having medical? Are they having problems finding his bollocks?

NL Max

Dutch ITK, for reals
The poor bloke is too tired to take a medical for PSG, bless him. :lol:
According to Sky he refused to take it saying that he was too tired.
Which can be a legitimate medical reason to delay it. Some tests must be done when the body is in rest otherwise the outcome won't be diagnoseable, especially for tissue surrounding the heart. People get sent home by a hospital daily because they didn't follow the correct instructions for a test, I reckon a long flight to Qatar isn't ideal for the medical team.

Not really a stick we can beat Di Maria with if we don't know the details. Some tests take 8+ hours too, he might've preferred a nights sleep.

Fully Fledged

Which can be a legitimate medical reason to delay it. Some tests must be done when the body is in rest otherwise the outcome won't be diagnoseable, especially for tissue surrounding the heart. People get sent home by a hospital daily because they didn't follow the correct instructions for a test, I reckon a long flight to Qatar isn't ideal for the medical team.

Not really a stick we can beat Di Maria with if we don't know the details. Some tests take 8+ hours too, he might've preferred a nights sleep.
But after the way he's treated us can't I beat anyway? :devil:

NL Max

Dutch ITK, for reals
But after the way he's treated us can't I beat anyway? :devil:
Go ahead and mock him, I've given up defending him. But delaying a medical can actually be instructed so probably isn't his fault. Just wanted that to be known :rolleyes:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Agree with this. If anything, the number of baffling decisions that LVG persisted with, particularly in the first six months of the season, masked his strange, indecisive approach to Di Maria. If he'd been getting everything else right - or at least getting it wrong via decisions that made a little more sense - then there'd have been way more outcry about his misuse of ADM. Winger, midfielder, striker, dropping him when he was doing ok, starting him out of position when he was struggling for form - it's remarkable he chalked up the decent numbers he did, really.

Not really bothered he's going though. He didn't contribute enough to be missed in footballing terms, and while his attitude was never bad he didn't exactly do anything to win fans over. Plus I don't I don't want galactico signings and struggle to warm to them.
The bit in bold didn't happen. The other criticisms of decisions Van Gaal made in that post are just different ways of saying the same thing. He played him in a few different (yet broadly similar) posiitions. Poor Angel. Must have been so hard for him.

Also worth bearing in mind the positional experimentation was enforced, thanks to the powderpuff central midfield that any half-decent opposition tore apart with Di Maria in his "best" position.

Getsme

Must be hard flying first class, being pampered on for the entire journey.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
The bit in bold didn't happen. The other criticisms of decisions Van Gaal made in that post are just different ways of saying the same thing. He played him in a few different (yet broadly similar) posiitions. Poor Angel. Must have been so hard for him.

Also worth bearing in mind the positional experimentation was enforced, thanks to the powderpuff central midfield that any half-decent opposition tore apart with Di Maria in his "best" position.
We got torn apart in one game, and don't you think that was a team effort - from Blind, Herrera to the crap defense and a horribly out of form De Gea?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
We got torn apart in one game, and don't you think that was a team effort - from Blind, Herrera to the crap defense and a horribly out of form De Gea?
Was more than one game though. Every time we played anyone remotely capable with Di Maria as a CM we got dominated in the centre of the park. Everton and West Ham being the earliest examples.

Red Stone

This cnut is so selfish he wont even pass the medical...

... is what I would say if I was quicker on the draw.

Moriarty

I might be the only one on this site wanting LvG gone at this stage, but Di Maria is responsible for all this crap. Sure LvG could have done better with him, but from end of January onward, Di Maria basically gave up. He was not even trying on the pitch. Falcao was in the same boat, really struggling, but you could see that he was busting his guts trying. Regarding De Gea, just my feeling that he is looking for a move to get away from LvG. There were rumors around Christmas or the new year that they did not get along, something which De Gea denied, but i'm sure that there is some truth to that.
Which means we got about four good months out of a player that cost a British transfer record. Pretty awful if you ask me and, if he really wasn't trying, Van Gaal should have dropped him and stuck him in the reserves, never mind the bench.

Moriarty

Van Gaal doesn't know how to manage players, but the players still perform well.
I sort of agree with that. He does have a reputation for being a martinet and that's something that doesn't go down well with all players. 40 years ago, when players weren't making millions, a tough hard-nosed manager fit the bill and the English game had plenty to choose from. These days, that style doesn't really fit.

Big Andy

Bloke
I still fail to see why being played out of position, or having your house nearly broken into makes you unable to make simple passes to your team mates...sometimes last season he was even fecking up simple 20-25 yard passes under no pressure...

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
He looked like he'd decided he was off shortly after Christmas. He's made us look like mugs to be fair.

ghagua

I still fail to see why being played out of position, or having your house nearly broken into makes you unable to make simple passes to your team mates...sometimes last season he was even fecking up simple 20-25 yard passes under no pressure...
He looked like he'd decided he was off shortly after Christmas. He's made us look like mugs to be fair.
Said it after a couple of games, he was not even trying. He would lose the ball and stand around with a smirk on his face.

AllezLesDiables

He was never that good to begin with. Classic case of player who looks better than he is because he was surrounded by immense talent at Real but when he's the primary focus on team that isn't comprised of Galacticos he's not up to snuff.

LazyRed-Ninja

Dutchman, who could have chosen any tagline.
Mentality my friend. I remember SAF saying once in a interview that you have to change the tone to certain players from a certain etnicity, because they are 'fragile' or not used to the more direct approach. How often has Rooney or a Terry for crying out loud been in the middle of media attention and they could still pass the ball to a player with the same colour. Can not compare it with a burglary when it's more then logical that it can impact you especially when you have a kid or two, but overcoming adversity is key for self grow and mentality.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Am I the only one who thinks it's classless and cheap to make fun of his appearance? :confused: Saying he's a pussy or that he has no balls is one thing but to make fun of how he looks is just childish.

Getsme

Am I the only one who thinks it's classless and cheap to make fun of his appearance? :confused: Saying he's a pussy or that he has no balls is one thing but to make fun of how he looks is just childish.
Agree.

Sam

Well I for one hope he gets a serious case of leg AIDS.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Was more than one game though. Every time we played anyone remotely capable with Di Maria as a CM we got dominated in the centre of the park. Everton and West Ham being the earliest examples.
We hardly had control of any games, last year; and when we did, it was with Carrick in the centre.

Also, he wasn't playing CM because of his brilliant defensive capabilities or his ability to control games like Paul Scholes or Pirlo. Can't fault him for his effort, in those early games, though. He was our best attacking player and also put in his defensive shift. Put a more capable defensive mid, such as Alonso, and you'll be able to control games with di Maria as a CM.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
About time we give the No 7 shirt to a good looking guy with some arrogance again, as only they seem to work.

Has to be Memphis (Pedro would be alright, too, but Memphis seems to fit the bill much better).

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
About time we give the No 7 shirt to a good looking guy with some arrogance again, as only they seem to work.

Has to be Memphis (Pedro would be alright, too, but Memphis seems to fit the bill much better).
:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.