İlkay Gündoğan Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
No signings look likely in this window. People can discuss this as being realistic for the summer though, no issue in that. Coentrao looked dead cert to come in January, but even that looks unlikely now.
I would say Real Madrid signing a LB would make Coentrao more likely this window than it was.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
Sad to think, 10 years ago we'd all be out getting his name on our shirts by this point. But over that period our transfer dealings have been eroded away to the current present day farce, in which it's just obvious we're not signing him.

Cant disagree with that tbh man.

Although, i get the feeling we'll be spending a shitload soon enough. Its a different game now & we've gotta step shit up or be left behind - as whats happening at the moment bro.

Keep the faith & dont let the haters break you.

One love - One United

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Cant disagree with that tbh man.

Although, i get the feeling we'll be spending a shitload soon enough. Its a different game now & we've gotta step shit up or be left behind - as whats happening at the moment bro.

Keep the faith & dont let the haters break you.

One love - One United
With the genius of SAF it was a different game. Now, to protect the franchise, the Glazers seems to realize they'll have to spend big in order to continue to compete.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Ah yeah, the good ol' days when we would make a marquee signing every window.
Yeah the days when we'd sign the likes Ronaldnho, Batistuta, Kluivert, Zidane. Not once with those did we bid to low or embarrass ourselves.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Moyes on signing players:

'It won't be an issue when trying to sign players, not from the trips I am making and the things I am hearing. The amount of big players wanting to join Manchester United is incredible. Maybe some players go for the money at other clubs but, if you ask them where they really want to be, they want to wear the badge of Manchester United.'

Loon

:lol:
Yeah the days when we'd sign the likes Ronaldnho, Batistuta, Kluivert, Zidane. Not once with those did we bid to low or embarrass ourselves.
That Ronaldinho saga still stings. He was there for the taking and Kenyon* acts like he's at the Reduced To Clear aisle at Tesco.

*You'll never be as big a twat as him, Woody.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans

'It won't be an issue when trying to sign players, not from the trips I am making and the things I am hearing. The amount of big players wanting to join Manchester United is incredible. Maybe some players go for the money at other clubs but, if you ask them where they really want to be, they want to wear the badge of Manchester United.'
Shame we've heard this sort of crap far too many times for it to mean anything.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets

Godfather

Oh that's fine enough. Let the Cities and PSGs and Monacos of this world sign the worldclass players, because c'mon in reality they all want to play for us anyway.

Is he on drugs?

Sam

Oh that's fine enough. Let the Cities and PSGs and Monacos of this world sign the worldclass players, because c'mon in reality they all want to play for us anyway.

Is he on drugs?
We can win the 'We have the most world class players that don't play for us, but that want to' award.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
More of the same old crap.

We need to pay top fees and wages once in a while.

Would be nice to see us sign even just one big player. We need about 6 new first teamers.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
fecking hell. Just listen to yourselves.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Do you guys never learn? Hazard, Thiago, Fabregas etc. Yet you want more heartache. Come back to me if this lad doesn't sign for Real Madrid next summer.

Sir A1ex

I was thinking about the days when we bought Cole, Yorke, Van Nistelroory, Veron, Rio, Rooney, all for British transfer records, or within about 10% of.

Obviously when we're signing players of that caliber, there will also be ones we miss out on.

Certainly seems preferable to the current situation of having broken our own transfer record once in the last 12 years. By £1m. 6 years after the previous one was set.

Dominos

I've lost count on the number of players the club were "confident" over. Thiago and Fabregas were both reported this way in the Telegraph/Times during the summer.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I really want Gündoğan, I really do. There's no way he'll go for as little as £23 million so I'm taking that Telegraph article with a massive pinch of salt. I do think we should maybe look to use Kagawa in any deal, I know Klopp would love to have him back. A tried and tested player alongside cash would surely be more tempting that solely cash, would it not? Honestly £25 million or so and Shinji, just get in there before Madrid or Barcelona do!
I've absolutely no faith in this deal ever materialising, but I'd say this is a safe bet for the summer muppet thread.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I don't think Gundogan is a completely unrealistic signing for us as some on here are making out.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I don't think Gundogan is a completely unrealistic signing for us as some on here are making out.
The problem is that Barca and Real are supposedly interested and that United's style of football does not fit Gündogan's at all.

Mainoldo

The problem is that Barca and Real are supposedly interested and that United's style of football does not fit Gündogan's at all.
Januzaj RVP Rooney Carrick Welbeck Kagawa. How many players does he need to play his style of football? He will just be the enforcer surely?!

oleonenumber20

Can't see a swap deal with Kagawa happening as Kagawa is selling too many shirts in Asia for us to lose him.
I reckon we will get Gundogan in the summer for about 40 mil.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Can't see a swap deal with Kagawa happening as Kagawa is selling too many shirts in Asia for us to lose him.
Can you provide me with any sort of source and figures to back up your Kagawa claim?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

There's absolutely no chance that Gundogan will move to a Europa League side when he's already playing for a superior team and will have offers from the biggest clubs in Europe on the table.

oleonenumber20

Can you provide me with any sort of source and figures to back up your Kagawa claim?

certainly I first read it here http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/manchesterunited/id/3988?cc=5739 in Andy Mittens piece.

To save you reading the whole thing "United’s commercial staff adore Kagawa. His popularity in Japan has seen more sponsorship deals sealed there, plus it helped United play a sold-out preseason tour, but he has got to improve on the pitch.

United’s coaches like Kagawa, too, though they prefer him on the left rather than in a central role. They feel that a lot of his work goes unnoticed and that he “thickens up” the midfield when he plays on the left, which is where he started on Saturday. "

Status
Not open for further replies.