‘Trophies aren’t important’ - Solskjaer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Anyone who watched the conference knows that this thread title is classic tabloid BS.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
What is amazing is that this OP still has thread creation privileges.
He's fun in the General.

It's amazing people have more important things to do then check if a certain poster has previous with idiotic wind ups.
Aye. Maybe so. The topic (presentation apart) is discussion worthy, regardless of OPs intentions. But there's another more "sincere" thread on the same subject.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Quite a shocking thing for a Manchester United manager to say. SAF always spoke of the importance of winning games and trophies and creating that winning mentality within the club. If Moyes had have said this he’d have been rightly criticised. An absolutely terrible thing for a United manager to say.

Its stuff like this thats killing this forum. Its a nothing comment and everybody knows it, but it will turn into yet another 10 page thread where people criticise or defend the manager. It's everywhere

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Its stuff like this thats killing this forum. Its a nothing comment and everybody knows it, but it will turn into yet another 10 page thread where people criticise or defend the manager. It's everywhere
He should be criticised for his comments. He’s managing one of the biggest clubs in the world, not Cardiff.

Foxbatt

I have not seen what he is suppose to have said. But trophies are important. If we are second or third or even fourth and if we win the CL it is progress. If we win the Caribou Cup and do not qualify for CL then it is not progress. Did we progress from last year? So far it looks like it if we get the 2nd place. But it is still too early to call who is going to be 2nd or third or even 4th. If Moyes had said that there would have been a riot.

Godfather

To be honest it is a stupid comment. Means feck all though as I'm sure winning trophies is his number one priority. Probably wanted to take pressure off the players and maybe himself

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
You complain about what the thread will descend into then post comments like that which offer no retort or argument as to what Ole said in his press conference.
There's no counter argument required. Only those with the biggest of agenda's will see it as controversial

My issue is with the decline of this forum. It used to be great. Now its a chore, mainly because of posters like you

Trophy Room

Quite a shocking thing for a Manchester United manager to say. SAF always spoke of the importance of winning games and trophies and creating that winning mentality within the club. If Moyes had have said this he’d have been rightly criticised. An absolutely terrible thing for a United manager to say.

Completely pointless thread and frankly disingenuous.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Stone always reminds me of a snivelling weasel. Perhaps I should go over to the most punchable face thread as he is certainly right up there along with that whiny voice.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
League table is a more stable barometer but the thing with him is judging by league position he hasn't improved at all taking over from Mourinho, the team has regressed at worst and stagnated at best. He can still finish second but like I said that would only match Mourinho's best season if we only judge their league position. In both cases they both benefitted of Liverpool having quite a shit season by their standards and even discarding them for a title challenge United still feels far behind from Manchester City.

RUCK4444

League table is a more stable barometer but the thing with him is judging by league position he hasn't improved at all taking over from Mourinho, the team has regressed at worst and stagnated at best. He can still finish second but like I said that would only match Mourinho's best season if we only judge their league position. In both cases they both benefitted of Liverpool having quite a shit season by their standards and even discarding them for a title challenge United still feels far behind from Manchester City.
All sorts of wrong.

Zen

Can I get the video clip of him saying 'trophies aren't important'......

RedPed

Whatabouter.
To be honest it is a stupid comment. Means feck all though as I'm sure winning trophies is his number one priority. Probably wanted to take pressure off the players and maybe himself
How many times has Solskjaer spoken about the importance of winning something, in fact everything at United? Of course trophies are important to him as is to any other manager worth their salt. They're the ultimate benchmark by which they are judged.

So for anybody to come away with anything less from his comments, they just be trolling or be just downright stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.