‘U.K. should be seen as a model of racial equality’ - Report

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Are you on a wind up or is your thinking genuinely that warped?
Talking about tricks of the mind, I can't help but read wraped instead of warped which is just plain wrong.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Fire safety is important. It potentially saves lives. Unconscious bias isn’t real. It’s made up. You’re in control of what goes on in your mind. It would be like them training me on the best way to let the tooth fairy under my pillow.
Could you possibly fit more bullshit in your posts? What grown up doesn't believe in unconscious bias?

To be honest I'm not convinced the training has any effect at all either but I'd go with manual handling training as a more like for like substitute H+S wise. No one thinks they are going to hurt their backs and the training doesn't really stop you hurting your back but if they say you have to do it you do it. It is also more a about the company covering itself rather than doing anything about the problem which also suits better as an analogy.
That's bollox as well... Do you know how many people don't know how to lift properly? Do their back in because they haven't been trained properly? It's not just to cover the companies ass...

It's hot-take city in here today!

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Could you possibly fit more bullshit in your posts? What grown up doesn't believe in unconscious bias?

That's bollox as well... Do you know how many people don't know how to lift properly? Do their back in because they haven't been trained properly? It's not just to cover the companies ass...

The best example of the adage that goes along the lines of "no matter how much you think you know, you still no nothing" is doing asbestos training at work with a bunch of electricians and seeing the face of a 50 something sparky slowly turn greyer as we went through photos of places still most likely to contain asbesto, as he realised that they looked exactly like the same breakers he has been dealing with for thirty years.

Conor

@Schmeichel's Cartwheel Rather than not having any unconscious biases, it seems like you actually just don't understand the concept. I reckon the training might serve you well.

Don't Kill Bill

My hot take is that the training doesn't stop them hurting their backs. We have been doing this training for years and jobs are if anything lighter work in the UK at least and the number of bad backs isn't dropping. Its funny because one of the lifting training videos is showing toddlers lifting well untrained, I think its called child's play or something like that.

The reason you are funded to do the training is absolutely so that the organization can defend itself in court. I think its the number one lost time injury and visits to Doctors over bad backs were rising last time I was shown the graphs. Might have changed but I doubt it.

afrocentricity

My hot take is that the training doesn't stop them hurting their backs. We have been doing this training for years and jobs are if anything lighter work in the UK at least and the number of bad backs isn't dropping. Its funny because one of the lifting training videos is showing toddlers lifting well untrained, I think its called child's play or something like that.

The reason you are funded to do the training is absolutely so that the organization can defend itself in court. I think its the number one lost time injury and visits to Doctors over bad backs were rising last time I was shown the graphs. Might have changed but I doubt it.
Have you entertained the thought that the people that you refer to just didn't lift properly? Is that not the most likely possibility? I mean I've been through MH training several times but I lift with bad form from time to time (in a rush, over confident, etc)

I said it's not only for covering their ass and that's the truth, it also isn't going to stop everyone from hurting themselves because it isn't mind control. People will lift how they want to lift, training or no training. The one thing it does do which I don't think is arguable is that it gives you recommendations on how to lift with proper form and highlights the dangers if you don't...

Don't Kill Bill

Have you entertained the thought that the people that you refer to just didn't lift properly? Is that not the most likely possibility? I mean I've been through MH training several times but I lift with bad form from time to time (in a rush, over confident, etc)

I said it's not only for covering their ass and that's the truth, it also isn't going to stop everyone from hurting themselves because it isn't mind control. People will lift how they want to lift, training or no training. The one thing it does do which I don't think is arguable is that it gives you recommendations on how to lift with proper form and highlights the dangers if you don't...
If you undertake training which does not effect the behavior you want to change then what is the point if it isn't to move responsibility or culpability?

To bring this round to a close. Can you prove it, in either case? You are making a claim its not for me to disprove it is for you to substantiate.

Show me the training works and has the desired effect. If it does I will change my "hot" take. If not its wishful thinking or corporate ass covering.

It is like the claims around trickle down in the tax debate. There is no evidence it happens it is wishful thinking and unless those who are proponents of it can show evidence it actually happens then it is just ideological bullshit.

afrocentricity

If you undertake training which does not effect the behavior you want to change then what is the point if it isn't to move responsibility or culpability?

To bring this round to a close. Can you prove it, in either case? You are making a claim its not for me to disprove it is for you to substantiate.

Show me the training works and has the desired effect. If it does I will change my "hot" take. If not its wishful thinking or corporate ass covering.

It is like the claims around trickle down in the tax debate. There is no evidence it happens it is wishful thinking and unless those who are proponents of it can show evidence it actually happens then it is just ideological bullshit.
Erm you made the claim that MH training doesn't work. So wtf would I have to prove anything? How about you prove your claim?

Don't Kill Bill

Erm you made the claim that MH training doesn't work. So wtf would I have to prove anything? How about you prove your claim?
Yes, I don't think it works.

You have done the training and ignored it. " I mean I've been through MH training several times but I lift with bad form from time to time (in a rush, over confident, etc) "

How come you ignored it, human nature?

There was a time before MH training, hard to believe but there was.

Show me the training works other than to provide a legal defense for back injury claims or accept that is what its for. It doesn't actually work in preventing back injuries but it does get a signed training sheet saying you were told and if you hurt your back its on you.

afrocentricity

Yes, I don't think it works.

You have done the training and ignored it. " I mean I've been through MH training several times but I lift with bad form from time to time (in a rush, over confident, etc) "

How come you ignored it, human nature?

There was a time before MH training, hard to believe but there was.

Show me the training works other than to provide a legal defense for back injury claims or accept that is what its for. It doesn't actually work in preventing back injuries but it does get a signed training sheet saying you were told and if you hurt your back its on you.

I don't even know why you are still continuing.

It's a shit analogy/comparison.... Let it go...

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
How the feck did this thread become about back injuries through improper lifting?

Not even I can derail a thread so acutely!

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
"We're sorry something like this has been shared with your mother."

Because they prefer their racism to be kept a secret? Youd think someone would have read that apology before posting it.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
"We're sorry something like this has been shared with your mother."

Because they prefer their racism to be kept a secret? Youd think someone would have read that apology before posting it.
Mental isn't it?
I find it painful and now thinking if it's ever happened to me and I didn't know.

Icemav

From bbc article you linked.

It looks as though they’ve analysed economics outcomes according to race and found being white doesn’t necessarily result in better outcomes, if you allow for other factors such as socioeconomic background. Which doesn’t seem implausible tbh. There’s a load of recent evidence that the poorest white kids (especially males) consistently have amongst the very worst outcomes.

Although that obviously doesn’t mean that, at an individual level, racism isn’t a real problem. Or that institutional racism in the past hasn’t caused socioeconomic discrepancies according to race. When one of the headline findings is that “overt racism” is an issue in the UK it’s hardly brushing racism under the carpet.
This seems a sensible analysis. I can absolutely guatantee that overt racism does exist in the UK. The analyis of economic inequality due to racism is interesting as the 2 might be decoupled.

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
BLM activist Sasha Johnson in critical condition after gunshot to the head

Shooting in Southwark, London came after numerous death threats, says her Taking the Initiative party

The Black Lives Matter activist Sasha Johnson is in a critical condition after sustaining a gunshot wound to her head, her affiliated group, Taking the Initiative party, has announced on social media.
In a statement on the group’s Facebook page, the party said that the incident happened in the early hours of Sunday and followed “numerous death threats”.

The statement said: “It is with great sadness that we inform you that our own Sasha Johnson has sustained a gunshot wound to her head. She is currently hospitalised and in critical condition. The incident happened in the early hours of this morning, following numerous death threats.

“Sasha has always been actively fighting for black people and the injustices that surround the black community, as well as being both a member of BLM and a member of Taking the Initiative Party’s Executive Leadership Committee. Sasha is also a mother of 3 and a strong, powerful voice for our people and our community.”

Johnson was a prominent member of TTIP, which has been described as “Britain’s first Black-led political party”. She rose to prominence after last year’s BLM protests spread around the country, helping to organise marches and addressing crowds.

Sky News reported that Johnson was understood to be the victim of a shooting in Southwark, south London at 3am on Sunday 23 May.

DCI Jimi Tele told the broadcaster: “We are all hoping that this young woman’s condition improves. Our investigation is in its early stages, and urgent enquiries are under way to establish the circumstances.

“I would appeal to the residents of Consort Road and the surrounding area to check any doorbell or dashcam footage for any suspicious activity that may relate to this investigation.”
So far, no arrests have been made.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-critical-condition-after-gunshot-to-the-head

Stacks

Shooting in Southwark, London came after numerous death threats, says her Taking the Initiative party

The Black Lives Matter activist Sasha Johnson is in a critical condition after sustaining a gunshot wound to her head, her affiliated group, Taking the Initiative party, has announced on social media.
In a statement on the group’s Facebook page, the party said that the incident happened in the early hours of Sunday and followed “numerous death threats”.

The statement said: “It is with great sadness that we inform you that our own Sasha Johnson has sustained a gunshot wound to her head. She is currently hospitalised and in critical condition. The incident happened in the early hours of this morning, following numerous death threats.

“Sasha has always been actively fighting for black people and the injustices that surround the black community, as well as being both a member of BLM and a member of Taking the Initiative Party’s Executive Leadership Committee. Sasha is also a mother of 3 and a strong, powerful voice for our people and our community.”

Johnson was a prominent member of TTIP, which has been described as “Britain’s first Black-led political party”. She rose to prominence after last year’s BLM protests spread around the country, helping to organise marches and addressing crowds.

Sky News reported that Johnson was understood to be the victim of a shooting in Southwark, south London at 3am on Sunday 23 May.

DCI Jimi Tele told the broadcaster: “We are all hoping that this young woman’s condition improves. Our investigation is in its early stages, and urgent enquiries are under way to establish the circumstances.

“I would appeal to the residents of Consort Road and the surrounding area to check any doorbell or dashcam footage for any suspicious activity that may relate to this investigation.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-critical-condition-after-gunshot-to-the-head
what kind of lowlife shoots a woman?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Awful news.

I checked out the Daily Express to see how they report on this sort of incident:
Meanwhile a friend of the mother-of-three, currently in a critical condition in hospital, suggested she was not the intended target and that the shooting was likely to have been gang-related. Officials from the Taking The Initiative Party (TTIP), an economic and political group she works for, said the shooting happened in the early hours of Sunday and followed "numerous death threats". The Oxford graduate is a known figure in the Black Lives Matter movement and is described as "a strong, powerful voice for our people and our community" by the TTIP.
“Gang related”

If you follow that link they have used as a reference for “gang related” crimes, you get a random article from 2018 about a masked gang having a shootout with the police.

Its just so fecked up, they know exactly what they are doing. We have this powerful but peaceful strong black female voice who has been subjected to horrific violence and they even use this to lash on the fear factor with tropes of black gang related violence targeted at the police.

F-Red

Awful news.

I checked out the Daily Express to see how they report on this sort of incident:

“Gang related”

If you follow that link they have used as a reference for “gang related” crimes, you get a random article from 2018 about a masked gang having a shootout with the police.

Its just so fecked up, they know exactly what they are doing. We have this powerful but peaceful strong black female voice who has been subjected to horrific violence and they even use this to lash on the fear factor with tropes of black gang related violence targeted at the police.
Ms Ayton said: "I can’t speculate, I wasn’t there. Again, just based off of the information that I’ve been given from closer friends and family, as far as we are aware, she was at a party or some sort of gathering and this incident is more related to rival gangs as opposed to her activism, let’s just say that.

"I think it’s more to do with gangs or gang violence or rivalry or some type of dispute between two different groups, and the incident was not intended for Sasha as far as we are aware, as I am being told by closer friends and family."
https://www.itv.com/news/2021-05-24...get-of-drive-by-shooting-at-party-says-friend

It appears she was unfortunately caught in the cross fire of something going on if the validity of Ms Ayton as a source is credible.