“You’re not fit to wear the shirt”

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
A reasonable post but missing key points - no need to use the ol `they are human beings` argument. It doesn`t fit this situation. These are multi millionaires, some of whom warm the bench more than play yet still get rewarded for not playing much in one season by money that the great majority of human beings in the UK and elsewhere will never come close to even if they are actually keeping society going whether it`s taking away the trash, cleaning restrooms, serving people in supermarkets or eating places, policing to make it safe, educating the young or being providers of medical services etc etc.

These United players and many others are the epitome of privilege. Nobody is saying they shouldn`t take advantage of the wealth on offer for being a professional sportsperson - but most of us are saying they need to do their job professionally and it is notable that somebody like Christiano Ronaldo who has won it all, is fabulously wealthy and famous is still hungry to be the best on the pitch and gives utmost value to the club and to the fans every time he plays.

All we are asking is that all the United players do the same. The stories being put around that somehow Ronaldo was causing problems in the dressing room are the product of the envious, the toxic, and the unmotivated players United now has - whoever they really are behind closed doors.

Arsene Wenger said it years ago in an interview in a British football mag - something along the lines of `We now have players who are in the squad, don`t play much and are happy to be on the bench but receive millions of pounds for it - what does this do to their motivation?` He was speaking on how professional football had changed, not about any particular club but this fits United`s situation.

And of course much of this is to do with recruiting - for too long United has lacked the senior players with winning attitudes who can pull the others in line when they`re stepping out of it or not giving enough. Although player power is evident in the Premier League, it is up to clubs to decide just what kind of culture they are going to have. Sir Alex had no problem getting rid of talented players who undermined his authority or the club`s in whatever way.
Hit the nail on the head.

Loon

:lol:
Ronaldo's face said it all. I do wonder how some of these characters can look him in the eye in the dressing room.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I always had Moyes as the worst post Fergie (full time) manager, but I think Ole trumps him. Building this wretched squad that will take years to fix outweighs Moyes' dismantling of Fergie's last team that were nearing their last legs anyway.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I hate them. They are cheating me and my club. Bunch of bastards.

Remember the geese

There was an unusual moment of solidarity between the two sets of fans when it was sung against Norwich the other week. From the Stretford End, it very much looked like the Norwich fans were applauding us in agreement. Not at all in a patronising/mocking way. More of a 'Good on you all for calling these lot out on it' kind of way.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
We have been shite for 10 years though.

It’s just been exposed this season thanks for ralf coming in. Probably needed to happen in all honesty.
Agreed. Our recruitment in terms of both playing and managerial staff has been exponentially worsening with each passing year. Let's hope we have not hired another poser in ETH.

Loon

:lol:
I've been supporting United since the Tommy Doc years and this is genuinely the first time I've felt animosity toward the team. Rangnick has been a car crash, but Fergie's statements in the past about players cheating their manager was never so true.

DanielofLeyland

A reasonable post but missing key points - no need to use the ol `they are human beings` argument. It doesn`t fit this situation. These are multi millionaires, some of whom warm the bench more than play yet still get rewarded for not playing much in one season by money that the great majority of human beings in the UK and elsewhere will never come close to even if they are actually keeping society going whether it`s taking away the trash, cleaning restrooms, serving people in supermarkets or eating places, policing to make it safe, educating the young or being providers of medical services etc etc.

These United players and many others are the epitome of privilege. Nobody is saying they shouldn`t take advantage of the wealth on offer for being a professional sportsperson - but most of us are saying they need to do their job professionally and it is notable that somebody like Christiano Ronaldo who has won it all, is fabulously wealthy and famous is still hungry to be the best on the pitch and gives utmost value to the club and to the fans every time he plays.

All we are asking is that all the United players do the same. The stories being put around that somehow Ronaldo was causing problems in the dressing room are the product of the envious, the toxic, and the unmotivated players United now has - whoever they really are behind closed doors.

Arsene Wenger said it years ago in an interview in a British football mag - something along the lines of `We now have players who are in the squad, don`t play much and are happy to be on the bench but receive millions of pounds for it - what does this do to their motivation?` He was speaking on how professional football had changed, not about any particular club but this fits United`s situation.

And of course much of this is to do with recruiting - for too long United has lacked the senior players with winning attitudes who can pull the others in line when they`re stepping out of it or not giving enough. Although player power is evident in the Premier League, it is up to clubs to decide just what kind of culture they are going to have. Sir Alex had no problem getting rid of talented players who undermined his authority or the club`s in whatever way.
I absolutely agree with all of the above. As a supporter I have little sympathy for their plight from the outside looking in.

I think I was trying to look at it from what they might deem their point of view. Nearly every person will know of somebody who has a situation that is worse than their own. However, we can only judge our own situation because we don't live like other people.

The 'human' comment is simply to state that whatever walk of life we find ourselves we will still be bound by our emotions and thought processes. It doesn't matter whether your situation is privileged or not you can still feel optimistic, pessimistic or cynical.

There are some bad eggs amongst the United squad who need to be shipped out. I can only hope that the cloud of negativity that has engulfed some of the players mentalities this year can be arrested by ETH so we can see better performances from those who want to improve. If not, our rebuild will obviously take a lot longer to implement.

humdinger

Why is Bruno agreeing so embarrassing? I appreciate him taking some responsibility and acknowledging the shitshow. Compare that to Maguire’s infamous interview where he reckons he’s doing fine because managers kept picking him.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Why is Bruno agreeing so embarrassing? I appreciate him taking some responsibility and acknowledging the shitshow. Compare that to Maguire’s infamous interview where he reckons he’s doing fine because managers kept picking him.
Cause it's lip service. If he runs all day and sweat blood I'd give it a pass.

He's part of the lazy useless bunch and he comes up with this?

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I absolutely agree with all of the above. As a supporter I have little sympathy for their plight from the outside looking in.

I think I was trying to look at it from what they might deem their point of view. Nearly every person will know of somebody who has a situation that is worse than their own. However, we can only judge our own situation because we don't live like other people.

The 'human' comment is simply to state that whatever walk of life we find ourselves we will still be bound by our emotions and thought processes. It doesn't matter whether your situation is privileged or not you can still feel optimistic, pessimistic or cynical.

There are some bad eggs amongst the United squad who need to be shipped out. I can only hope that the cloud of negativity that has engulfed some of the players mentalities this year can be arrested by ETH so we can see better performances from those who want to improve. If not, our rebuild will obviously take a lot longer to implement.
They're asked to run and play football. Not jumping in Normandy.

feck them and their mental state. One match two match? They've been lethargic for 1 whole season.

Now if that's the police or even your local waitresses they've been given the sack

Just because they're wealthy now we have to cater to their attitude? It's not even about money. I expect professionalism to the very least even from a waiter, you dont have to like your job or love your customer, but when you're paid to run and kick, run you shall

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
The players have been harangued all season by the press, opposition fans and their own. They've gone beyond the point of caring and become deeply cynical as a byproduct. At the end of the day they are human beings. You get enough criticism from enough people you eventually just think 'feck it.' This becomes locked in. Regardless of what I do I'll be criticised anyway so why should I care? Will be the attitudes.

Hopefully a reset next year will improve this culture. Regardless of how these players have performed they are all human beings and will want to feel valued and appreciated. Some of those poor performers with the right attitudes will improve next year I'm sure. Those with shitty attitudes to begin with like Pogba and Lingard should be gone anyway.

Thank feck there is only one more game to go.
Weird defense of arrogant shitheads that our players are.

They are professional athletes. Taking or ignoring criticism is part of the job. If somebody cannot deal with it - maybe they can stop hanging on social media or watching TV and spend more time in fecking training? Also, there was an easy way to stop criticism: play better.

Blaming criticism is beyond ridiculous. If anything fans have been ridiculously supportive of the team that deserves no support whatsoever

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I’ve actually unfollowed all the players on my Instagram during the course of the season, think I’m only following DDG and Mata at the moment.

Are they still posting the same old shit of “Not good enough today, apologies to the fans. We go again” etc etc?

Seems they want the season to end as much as us.