10 out of 10 performances from United players?

Fabio Rochemback

Another quite obscure one is Vidic vs Spurs away in 2010/11. Modric totally ran the midfield, Rafael got sent off, and we were generally under the cosh for most of the game. Spurs were still very limited in terms of clear cut chances thanks to Vidic though, he was as dominant as you could ask from a CB.

I can remember posting something like "forget Bale, I'd rather break the bank for Modric to replace Scholes" on another forum after the game, and getting roundly slated and told he isn't fit to lace Scholes' boots etc. I dug that thread up a few years later :D

CarbonStoolBites

Cristiano Ronaldo vs Arsenal away in the CL SF 2009, scored 2 bangers and was involved in our first goal that Park scored as well, hard to top that in a European semi final.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Cristiano Ronaldo vs Arsenal away in the CL SF 2009, scored 2 bangers and was involved in our first goal that Park scored as well, hard to top that in a European semi final.
Loved both that the announcers were incredulous that he was even attempting a shot from that far away on the free kick as well as his involvement in that perfect counter attack.

arnie_ni

The day Yorke scored a hat trick in about 20 mins against arsenal

El Jefe

Rooney v Chelsea CL 2011.
Came in here just to say this. He was so good it almost looked as if he was just taking the piss after a while.

His debut of course was another 10/10.

Rio vs Roma in 2008 CL was as good of a CB performance you'll see.

Scholes also had one in 2010 I think against Spurs away but in true Scholesy fashion made a reckless tackle and got sent off after 60mins or so. Of course it wasn't perfect because of the red but his performance in those 60 odd minutes was breathtakingly good.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Park against Chelsea at old Trafford. Chicharito scored after 1 minute.

204Red

Rooney hat trick vs West Ham in 2010-11. Two nil down to West Ham at half-time in a thick of title race, Rooney (who had a poor first 1/2 - maybe 2/3s of that season) scored a hattrick and was totally unplayable in the 2nd half of the match. United ran out 4-2 winners and went on to win the league. This match is possibly more famous for Rooney getting suspended for "swearing" at the TV Cameras after scoring one of the goals, but his performance in this match may have been his finest for United (other than his debut).

Eriku

Rooney hat trick vs West Ham in 2010-11. Two nil down to West Ham at half-time in a thick of title race, Rooney (who had a poor first 1/2 - maybe 2/3s of that season) scored a hattrick and was totally unplayable in the 2nd half of the match. United ran out 4-2 winners and went on to win the league. This match is possibly more famous for Rooney getting suspended for "swearing" at the TV Cameras after scoring one of the goals, but his performance in this match may have been his finest for United (other than his debut).
What?! fecking what?! :lol:

Loved it.

Speako

Robson against Barca in ‘91 was also a ten out of ten.
Robson against Liverpool - cup semi ‘85.
Rooney Debut.
Henning Berg against Inter- ‘99.

Zippycup

Keane in the Champions League semi-final on April 21, 1999 will forever be etched into my memory.

Not only was it one if the best games I've ever watched it was boosted by one of the best, if not the best performance from an individual I've ever seen.

To play like he did even after that yellow was remarkable

lex talionis

The one that comes to mind first is Keane v Juve. I can’t add anything to what has already been written about that incredible performance other than to say that Keano never showed a moment of regret or frustration that he missed out on the CL final.

Excellent shout. That 2010/11 season from Rooney was mad. Poor for long spells, then probably the best player in the league in the last 2-3 months as we won the title and made it to the CL final - this game and the CL away game against Chelsea a few weeks before/after (seen it brought up already in the thread) were two of his best performances for us.

Others that may have come up already:

- Carrick at the Etihad in 2012/13 when we won 3-2. Literally babysat Tom Cleverley and bossed the midfield against peak Toure
- Martial at the Etihad in 2019/20. Scored a lovely goal and was responsible for knitting our play together and ripping City to shreds on the break - should probably have gone into the break 3-0 up in that game
- Ferdinand at the Nou Camp in 2007/08. Flawless display
- Ashley Young at home to Liverpool in 2017/18. Completely shut down Salah, at the time the most in-form player in the world (6 goals in 5 league games leading up to this one, and literally 4 goals in the very next one)

204Red

Forgotten Contenders

1994-95 Andrei Kanchelskis hat trick vs City (5-0) helped bury the awful taste of that 1-5 stuffing they handed us a few years earlier

1997-98 Ryan Giggs vs Juventus (3-2) gave us hope that we could succeed in Europe against a team that always had our number (at least in those days)

1993-94 Eric Cantona vs City (3-2) inspired a comback win with two 2nd half goals and an all around imperious display

1984-85 Norman Whiteside vs West Ham (4-2) in the FA Cup recently moved back into the midfield, Whiteside scored 3 and stole the headlines and crushed the hammers and United went on to win the FA Cup that year

Kanu

Supports
Feyenoord & United
RVP title winning hattrick against Villa. His second was the goal of the season for me.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Ronaldo, but won't mention the 08/09 against Arsenal as that's too obvious.

Two seasons before, at Aston Villa. Scholes scored that goal (there's a video/tweet floating about the internet about all the bangers scored in that month)... but Ronaldo was absolutely unplayable in that game. He ripped the entire side he was on to shreds. And this was when he was getting booed up and down England.

He won player of the month twice in a row in this period, but that Villa game was the best of the lot.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Becks v Inter 99
Now that the dust has settled on his career, Becks has become strangely underrated. Should've been European POTY or something that year. Created almost every other goal for us, scored a few crucial ones as well.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Now that the dust has settled on his career, Becks has become strangely underrated. Should've been European POTY or something that year. Created almost every other goal for us, scored a few crucial ones as well.
I love him. And for all the attention seeking off the pitch and obsession with his looks and brand, he was an incredibly great hard worker and team player on the pitch.

Hughes35

Random one, but I remember Phil Neville playing CM against Arsenal once and being superb. For the player he was, it was a 10/10 for him.

MrBest

Ronaldo vs Millwall fa cup final, RVN took the plaudits but Ronaldo started his maturity growth in that game. Was unplayable.

Ole vs forest, 4 goals as a sub from the bench, the games was probably won anyway but Ole was everywhere and clinical. If haaland played that game and returned the same, we would never hear the end of it.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Yorke first half Hat-trick vs Arsenal

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Scholes in the 6-2 v Newcastle at St James's in 2003. He got a hattrick and the first two were beauties. Was an amazing team performance too and sandwiched between getting knocked out of the UCL QFs by Real Madrid, which made it even more remarkable.

nojcarter

Most have been said, not sure if it quite makes the list but Sheringham off the bench in the 99 cup final was superb. Scored the first, setup the second and for me was his best in a united shirt and set the tone for the nou camp a week later and the next season

SambaBoy

Wes Brown 07/08 v Barca at CB was an incredible performance.

Park Ji Sung v Chelsea in the CL at home. Giggs at home v Inter in CL and City in the 4-3.

Rooney v City away when we lost - can't remember the year

De Gea v Liverpool and Arsenal.

I often think some of Scholes' best performances came from the bench. I remember him coming on against Bolton, Southampton and Arsenal and just absolutely running the show.

Tevez v Portsmouth in the Charity Shield.