2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Fan of plenty of Norwegians in biathlon - Berger, Solemdal, though biggest fan of Darya Domracheva of Belarus. Would absolutely love if Bjørndalen could grab a medal yet again. He's actually not that bad this season, quite fast, but with just some shooting problems (at worst times!). Would be great for a 40-year old! Of course, not among the top favourites, those would probably be Fourcade and Svendsen.

Yeah, greatly looking forward to this. Biathlon as top interest, alpine skiing next with curling (it trully is brilliant sport) just behind.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Looking forward to the bobsled - mainly because Lolo Jones made the US team :)

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
I do enjoy the Olympics, a chance to see many sports that don't get as much coverage otherwise.

Curling, speedskating, the downhill skiing , the bobsled and luge are among my favorites. The newer sports, the snowboarding, the ski jumping with the flips and such are cool to. Hockey should be good.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Will be watching. Waving a rainbow flag and hoping the whole spectacle is overshadowed by Russia's anti-gay legislation (probably won't be but I can dream).

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
:lol: Apparently not all of the manhole covers are in place so there are just large, open holes in the ground on the sidewalks/streets.

Plugsy

I hope these games pass off with incident.
There is lots of threats regarding kidnap of athletes and terrorist attacks.
I don't. Obviously I hope nobody gets kidnapped or killed but I'd like to see enormous protest and disruption.

Keenst

I feel bad for the athletes. This whole Olympics is scandalous; apart from the homophobic laws the whole thing stinks of corruption. I really hope this does serious damage to Putin and his disgusting regime.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Bit of a joke really with all the accomadation and all that. Bet the people in charge are just hoping that the events kick off already so that all the flaws can get overshadowed.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Sounds like this could be a disaster if terrorists are successful.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Fair play, women's snowboarding has really kicked on in recent years. They are sending it big on those jumps.

iSparky

Well, to be fair, you could say that for any event where they are successful.
This is true.

A lot of terrorist related talk around this event though. Enough to be more than slightly off putting.

Plugsy

If we let the terrorists win then the terrorists win

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
This made me laugh, Canadian Institute of Diversity and Inclusion's reply to Russia's Anti-Gay Propaganda:

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Google looking rather pretty, today.

Scrumpet

There are no words
I think horse dancing should be moved to the Winter Olympics. Get them on the ice, then I'll be impressed.

iSparky

Looking at the opening ceremony now. None of the games are taking place in Sochi city itself, its all out in the surrounding area.

lol

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
One benefit about being at the start of the alphabet. Can see the team come out and go do something else for half an hour while the rest stroll out