2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Dem commercials are definitely weak compared to the LP ones.
Yes but also they are largely aimed at different groups
Lp aimed at republicans who identify as republicans but don't like trump... the objective is to persuade them not to vote for trump (though ideally to vote for other republicans in state elections etc)

Democrats are trying to do three main things
1. Get as many people who identify as democrat to vote as possible
2. Get non voters to vote for them
3. Appeal to floating / independent votes and get them to vote democrat

I think these different objectives and target sectors explain at of the differences in approach

The campaign experts react podcast from crooked provides good analysis along these lines

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Yes but also they are largely aimed at different groups
Lp aimed at republicans who identify as republicans but don't like trump... the objective is to persuade them not to vote for trump (though ideally to vote for other republicans in state elections etc)

Democrats are trying to do three main things
1. Get as many people who identify as democrat to vote as possible
2. Get non voters to vote for them
3. Appeal to floating / independent votes and get them to vote democrat

I think these different objectives and target sectors explain at of the differences in approach

The campaign experts react podcast from crooked provides good analysis along these lines
The Dem commercials are poor at all three things. The LP ads are clearly better at 2 and 3 especially.

GiddyUp

I still have a feeling it won't be a walk in the park.

Something could happen between now and November that could still win Donald Trump

something silly like:
"Biden trips on his way to podium"
"Biden "sexual harassment" case coming up"
"Biden's running mate suddenly having charges of sexual harassment"
"Ukraineeeeeee"
"Hunter Biden's into BDSM"

Any dirt he can find on Biden will be trumpeted around 24/7 just like Locker'up and Benghazeeeeeeeeee all over again. Biden needs to go for the jugular and hit him hard. It's good letting your opponent making mistakes but a lil too much of it could be your downfall.
Time to get the story that young woman who was raped by Epstein and Trump when she was 14. The Republican party needs a knock out punch from the Democrats because they are sliding fast. The dems are idiots and crooks in their own right but the other party is a genuine danger to the lives of everyone in this country.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster

Voting is now a privilege as opposed to a right I guess

What a strange country

100% hes claiming victory in November on the day the polls close and hes not leaving the white house willingly (or at least without immunity)
Hope the secret service drag him out by his stupid fecking wig and throw him to the gutter.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Possibly another outlier but also good indication that Biden is doing well enough to win in FL.

Revan

Assumptionman
Possibly another outlier but also good indication that Biden is doing well enough to win in FL.

When there are too many outliers, we need to consider that they might not be outliers after all. The con man has been caught doing con arts.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
@Raoul, Some of the Gravis poll numbers look weird, even though I have come around to the idea of Florida actually being in play. AZ +4 to Donnie when OAN paid for the poll is a tad suspicious.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
@Raoul, Some of the Gravis poll numbers look weird, even though I have come around to the idea of Florida actually being in play. AZ +4 to Donnie when OAN paid for the poll is a tad suspicious.

True. They are after all C rated by 538. Still Biden appears to be pretty competitive in FL and should have a decent chance of winning.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/fl/florida_trump_vs_biden-6841.html

Drifter

American
Rick Wilson squirms talking anti-Trump Super-PAC, The Lincoln Project

Love this. Reminds us who these members are of The Lincoln Project. Nice ads but terrible Republicans.

NM

PA seems heading in one direction lately

Monmouth has an A+ rating.

If Biden doesn't win PA he might as well throw it in. Northern DE is essentially Philly suburbs.. Lived and worked around that area a looong time.

WPMUFC

Rick Wilson squirms talking anti-Trump Super-PAC, The Lincoln Project

Love this. Reminds us who these members are of The Lincoln Project. Nice ads but terrible Republicans.
Probably on par with how bad the trump presidency has been, has been the mainstreaming of horrific Republicans as "moderates" that deserve a seat at the table. Whether that means media or politics, they are being legitimised everywhere.

These people are war mongers and anti tax lunatics that want a massive withdrawal of government from society. Makes me want to vomit that this is now seen as the "conservatism we can deal with" by the quote "centrist liberals"

Last edited:

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I still don't quite get the relatively high rates of Hispanics that seem to support Republicans. I guess it must be that many of them are quite conservative in their religious beliefs beliefs and probably single issue voters? Is it the dislike some have for minorities for anyone other than them? There must be a well thought out article out there somewhere to explain that one to me.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I still don't quite get the relatively high rates of Hispanics that seem to support Republicans. I guess it must be that many of them are quite conservative in their religious beliefs beliefs and probably single issue voters? Is it the dislike some have for minorities for anyone other than them? There must be a well thought out article out there somewhere to explain that one to me.

Traditional beliefs and the assumption that Republicans are for family values. Also, there continues to be a strain of Cubans in Dade country who still view Republicans as their friends due to decades of anti-Castro policy. The younger generation of Cubans seem to care less about this.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
They are-generically speaking of course-more Christian (Catholic) and family oriented whilst being less urban than other populations. That is a recipe for a conservative if there ever was one.

They also may identify as American first rather than, say, Mexican if they are not first generation immigrants. This leads to views that often align with white Republicans far more often than you’d think, especially when you factor in the jobs they have fair access to like the oil/construction/trucking/agriculture industries and the people they’re mingling with there. As for the other minorities thing...I ain’t touching that with a ten-foot cane pole.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Susan Collins could be in trouble
The large LBGTQ group has switched allegiance and is now rooting for Sara Gideon, Collins challenger. So, one of the state of Maine’s US senate seats could switch this November
She's going to have.a hard time keeping her seat imo. She's not a Trumper and at the same time probably lost a lot of independent support by enabling him.

Last edited:

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
They are-generically speaking of course-more Christian (Catholic) and family oriented whilst being less urban than other populations. That is a recipe for a conservative if there ever was one.

They also may identify as American first rather than, say, Mexican if they are not first generation immigrants. This leads to views that often align with white Republicans far more often than you’d think, especially when you factor in the jobs they have fair access to like the oil/construction/trucking/agriculture industries and the people they’re mingling with there. As for the other minorities thing...I ain’t touching that with a ten-foot cane pole.
Haha fair enough but it's part of recognizing where someone s beliefs originate. Like I mentioned on here before - we all have our biases etc - especially towards those we perceive to be different. We can't eradicate those thoughts if we never understand who has them towards who and why. We re all a product of our environment. So to your point, it d be interesting though if the same urban vs rural split we tend to see in Caucasians in political convictions also exists in that group. If it does exist, I tend to think it comes from within more likely than what you suggest. I've both lived in rural America for a while and traveled through it quite a bit and i never got the sense many Latinos hung out with the Caucasian conservatives. In fact, the amount of racism towards them as well was rather eye opening. In other words, if they lean conservative I highly doubt it's because they re big fans of the Murica component of it so to speak.

No need to respond. In some ways that is probably worthy of a thread in and of itself and I don't want to derail this one too much.

Last edited:

Sweet Square

good interview on the subject

Revan

Assumptionman
She's going to have.a hard time keeping her seat imo. She's not a Trumper and at the same time probably lost a lot of independent support by enabling him.
feck her! Probably the nicest of Republicans, but her vote on Kavanaugh and her pathetic speech how Trump will learn from the impeachment (so much that he pardoned Stones) should end her for good.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Can't believe 7% of black Americans support Trump. Or that 1 does.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Wasn't he the whiz kid of campaigns? The next best thing to sliced bread etc etc
Being campaign manager was a reward for his help during the 2016 campaign. If not for Trump, he would’ve struggled to get a mid level job on a normal Republican campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.