2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drifter

American
Reaction To Joe Biden's Slavery Comments

Would loved to have seen Nina Turner run.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Right. Because Trump is so much more lucid than Biden. Have you even been paying attention to Dotard Donald's incessant diarrhea of the mouth for the last several years?
Well of course Trump lies through his teeth. But he Has a message even if it is lies. Immigration is what he will run on.

Biden offers nothing new.

To turn such voters and to get turnout from Democrats real policies are needed.
Health Care, Education and Student Debt forgiveness for starters.

WPMUFC

The fate awaiting Joe Biden in the GE

In 2020, it's possible Trump could win 5 million fewer votes than his opponent — and still win a second term.

The nation's two most populous states, California and Texas, are at the heart of Democrats' geography problem.

Both behemoths are growing more diverse at a much faster rate than the nation — owing to booming Asian and Latino populations — and are trending toward Democrats. Yet neither blue California nor red Texas would play a pivotal role in a close 2020 election, potentially rendering millions of additional Democratic votes useless.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/20...-lose-5-million-votes-still-win-2020-n1031601

Sleepy Joe will rack up the vote in states that don't matter. His pitch of no policy, Barack was my friend, and nothing will change will hand Trump a second term.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Sanders is a real genuine guy, you know what you get with him, America should pick this guy, really hoping he wins.

Chekhov

Supports
A wife and three kids
Well of course Trump lies through his teeth. But he Has a message even if it is lies. Immigration is what he will run on.

Biden offers nothing new.

To turn such voters and to get turnout from Democrats real policies are needed.
Health Care, Education and Student Debt forgiveness for starters.
That message of Trump's is as played out as the "compassionate conservatism" of the 00s. There's a reason why Biden is leadingTrump in the polls, and it's not really about Joe's message. After two years of the clown show we've been witnessing, most people--Democrats, Independents, and even a handful of Republicans--just want someone sane in the WH. And, yes, they know Biden is as over-the-hill as they come. But guess what? Only the media seems to give a rat's ass about that.

In the end, Biden might very well lose to a better Dom nominee. But to argue he'd be destroyed in a 1 v 1 versus Trump is some serious concern trolling on your part.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
That message of Trump's is as played out as the "compassionate conservatism" of the 00s. There's a reason why Biden is leadingTrump in the polls, and it's not really about Joe's message. After two years of the clown show we've been witnessing, most people--Democrats, Independents, and even a handful of Republicans--just want someone sane in the WH. And, yes, they know Biden is as over-the-hill as they come. But guess what? Only the media seems to give a rat's ass about that.

In the end, Biden might very well lose to a better Dom nominee. But to argue he'd be destroyed in a 1 v 1 versus Trump is some serious concern trolling on your part.
The DNC is banking on the hate for Trump.

It may just work.

The Dems have more voters. But with Biden the Republicans will have greater enthusiasm.

EDIT:

I don't believe Biden will be the nominee.

Last edited:

Raoul

Admin
Staff

There's no doubt a slight underappreciation for how much people want Trump out of office, which will imo, be the overriding factor in who becomes the Dem nominee.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Then we might as well get the best progressive candidate in office
The paradigm of this country is so fecked up though. It’s practically common opinion that Bernie is a far leftist, which is insanely stupid and infuriating. Far leftists are trying to replace all of capitalism or abolish most aspects of it. That’s what you get with 100 years of anti left propaganda and scores of dems insisting on compromising with republicans as they rig the system to bring it closer to fascism. Promoting Biden is the continuation of that mindset. He may not tweet like an idiot and embarrass us on a daily basis, but he’s gonna fail to address the major needs of the people, which with our uneducated population opting back for the other side again.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Sure, if the public perceives them as being able to beat Trump. If Biden didn't have that going for him he wouldn't be anywhere near the top.
I’m willing to bet that a lot of the popularity surrounding Biden is not based on deductive reasoning. Likely a mindset of, “he was part of Obama’s team” and “the media convinced me that Sanders is an extreme leftist”.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I’m willing to bet that a lot of the popularity surrounding Biden is not based on deductive reasoning. Likely a mindset of, “he was part of Obama’s team” and “the media convinced me that Sanders is an extreme leftist”.
That's all most people need though. Look at the amount of people that got suckered in to Trump's negativity about Hillary in 16.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
That's all most people need though. Look at the amount of people that got suckered in to Trump's negativity about Hillary in 16.
And if it's
Creepy Joe
Crazy Bernie
Or Pocahontas
I'm pretty sure a whole bunch of people will buy into it again (as with crooked Hillary and Lyin ted)
Not sure he has nicknames yet for Kamala mayor Pete etc... But if they show well in the polls I'm sure he will come up with one

Raoul

Admin
Staff
And if it's
Creepy Joe
Crazy Bernie
Or Pocahontas
I'm pretty sure a whole bunch of people will buy into it again (as with crooked Hillary and Lyin ted)
Not sure he has nicknames yet for Kamala mayor Pete etc... But if they show well in the polls I'm sure he will come up with one
Difference is this time Trump won't be able to run on his narrative from 16. He's now a known commodity who will have to run on his first 4 years.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Difference is this time Trump won't be able to run on his narrative from 16. He's now a known commodity who will have to run on his first 4 years.
Tbf last time he had the whole grab em by the pussy episode blow up in the middle of the election and still won ... If he can ride that out I'm sure he can get through pretty much anything

Status
Not open for further replies.