2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
He's just bi-polar. When going into a manic state you develop delusions of granduer and become self important to a fault. Combine that with being a rich and famous guy surrounded by sycophants and yes-men and instead of winding up in a psychiatric ward you wind up in a race for the white house.

Losing his mom might have triggered it, but bi-polar disorder is incurable. You can repress it with meds and a healthy and balanced lifestyle, that's all.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
He's just bi-polar. When going into a manic state you develop delusions of granduer and become self important to a fault. Combine that with being a rich and famous guy surrounded by sycophants and yes-men and instead of winding up in a psychiatric ward you wind up in a race for the white house.

Losing his mom might have triggered it, but bi-polar disorder is incurable. You can repress it with meds and a healthy and balanced lifestyle, that's all.
Now combine that with becoming president
that said given the other options he will probably still be able to pick up a few votes (if hes serious and can actually get on the ballott)

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore

Voting is now a privilege as opposed to a right I guess

What a strange country

100% hes claiming victory in November on the day the polls close and hes not leaving the white house willingly (or at least without immunity)

nimic

something nice
Scout
He's certainly claiming victory, no matter what happens, but I don't see where immunity comes into whether or not he leaves the White House. What's he going to do, board up the windows and refuse to move out? His consent isn't needed for someone else to assume the Presidency, that will happen automatically. Anything else would be a coup, which wouldn't be supported by those with the power to force him out.

Il Prete Rosso

Prete, the Italian Pete
Nah. The more GOP has to fight on their base, the less they can get ground on Democrat states. In addition, on polls, Harrison is doing quite well, more or less tying Graham which will force GOP to play defense there and spend a lot of resources. Same on Kentucky, McConnell is likely not gonna lose, but he will have to fight for his seat. Which means, less resources available for really battleground states.
I've said 1 million times that this should have been the Dem strategy. Have the GOP fight and spend stupid money to keep the ones they think should be safe so that have less money to spend on the battleground states.Trump would be their key driver in those battleground Senate races.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
He's certainly claiming victory, no matter what happens, but I don't see where immunity comes into whether or not he leaves the White House. What's he going to do, board up the windows and refuse to move out? His consent isn't needed for someone else to assume the Presidency, that will happen automatically. Anything else would be a coup, which wouldn't be supported by those with the power to force him out.
we shall see - I dont see people forcing him out and them being able to keep a country united and in those circumstances they would hold their nose and cut a dodgy backroom (art of the) deal ... immunity in exchange for leaving without starting a civil war basically

nimic

something nice
Scout
I'm usually very cynical about the US, but that just seems excessive. If he tried something like that, never in a million years would the end result be that he was granted any kind of immunity. If anything, he'd be charged with treason and an attempted coup. The military and intelligence agencies already consider him an idiot, they're not going to accept a credible threat of civil war. That would be the end of the US as a state.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I'm usually very cynical about the US, but that just seems excessive. If he tried something like that, never in a million years would the end result be that he was granted any kind of immunity. If anything, he'd be charged with treason and an attempted coup. The military and intelligence agencies already consider him an idiot, they're not going to accept a credible threat of civil war. That would be the end of the US as a state.
back to the confederacy where emperor trump will rule from mar a lago... the new whitehouse ... the bestist whitehouse... a home suitable only for the best (and the white well orange)
I genuinley think he either wins or its a struggle to get him to accept defeat

Revan

Assumptionman
we shall see - I dont see people forcing him out and them being able to keep a country united and in those circumstances they would hold their nose and cut a dodgy backroom (art of the) deal ... immunity in exchange for leaving without starting a civil war basically
Only the new president can pardon him. And he can do it only after he takes the office.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
back to the confederacy where emperor trump will rule from mar a lago... the new whitehouse ... the bestist whitehouse... a home suitable only for the best (and the white well orange)
I genuinley think he either wins or its a struggle to get him to accept defeat
:nono: the Gold House (whites only)

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Looking at some stuff on twitter yesterday; the Dems are targeting all senate and congress seats (specifically senate) that are on the ballot in november by saying that their silence/inaction enables trump.
susan Collins in ME is on the comes to mind. If the train gets a head of steam she could be in trouble. We’ve seen from before that it’s not enough to control the WH.
The more senate repubs either stick with trump or stay silent, they’re complicit.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
though maybe the lowered oil price (and consequent fracking collapse) has left GOP-friendly coal as the main climate change group, which would mean that *within* the Dems, climate change is easier than healthcare (since pharma and insurance are still strong in both parties).
i give him way too much credit

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

What a strange country

100% hes claiming victory in November on the day the polls close and hes not leaving the white house willingly (or at least without immunity)
Theres already been reports of internal GOP research suggesting that Trump’s attack on remote voting hurting them/him more than anyone else as so many old folks vote by mail and they’re now worried their votes are going to be manipulated.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
glad the 2 parties have some common ground in this divisive time

arthurka

What a strange country

Land of the free indeed.... What a load of crap, this isn't a democracy anymore. It's getting clear that the powers that be choose who is worthy of the right to vote.

nimic

something nice
Scout
That's... very interesting. I always casually wondered how they arrived at their score, whenever I saw someone bring up that particular metric.

According to the replies, it's because the metric assumes opposition to establishment Democratic agenda makes you a more conservative independent. It is not designed to handle ideological opposition from the left.

WPMUFC

Law and Order

That's how you do it Dems.
best democrat ad so far = trump swinging a golf club on loop whilst talking about covid deaths.

Best ad so far, a bunch of neo-con republicans calling the republican president the head of a criminal syndicate.

what are the democrats paying their strategists for?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
best democrat ad so far = trump swinging a golf club on loop whilst talking about covid deaths.

Best ad so far, a bunch of neo-con republicans calling the republican president the head of a criminal syndicate.

what are the democrats paying their strategists for?
In fairness, the Lincoln Project ads are targeted primarily towards Republicans who may have voted for Trump in 16 and are now ambivalent about who to vote for now. If the LP succeed in peeling off even 1-2 percent of Trump’s base, then it will have a ripple effect in a lot of traditional red states like MT, KS, and as posted above - TX.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I still have a feeling it won't be a walk in the park.

Something could happen between now and November that could still win Donald Trump

something silly like:
"Biden trips on his way to podium"
"Biden "sexual harassment" case coming up"
"Biden's running mate suddenly having charges of sexual harassment"
"Ukraineeeeeee"
"Hunter Biden's into BDSM"

Any dirt he can find on Biden will be trumpeted around 24/7 just like Locker'up and Benghazeeeeeeeeee all over again. Biden needs to go for the jugular and hit him hard. It's good letting your opponent making mistakes but a lil too much of it could be your downfall.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I still have a feeling it won't be a walk in the park.

Something could happen between now and November that could still win Donald Trump

something silly like:
"Biden trips on his way to podium"
"Biden "sexual harassment" case coming up"
"Biden's running mate suddenly having charges of sexual harassment"
"Ukraineeeeeee"
"Hunter Biden's into BDSM"

Any dirt he can find on Biden will be trumpeted around 24/7 just like Locker'up and Benghazeeeeeeeeee all over again. Biden needs to go for the jugular and hit him hard. It's good letting your opponent making mistakes but a lil too much of it could be your downfall.
I agree that it won’t be a walk in the park, but it won’t be an ordinary campaign with proper convention, onsite campaigning, and months for both sides to attack each other either. Due to Covid, all we’re likely to see are a few debates that will be heavily mired in everything that’s happened over the past few months.

WPMUFC

In fairness, the Lincoln Project ads are targeted primarily towards Republicans who may have voted for Trump in 16 and are now ambivalent about who to vote for now. If the LP succeed in peeling off even 1-2 percent of Trump’s base, then it will have a ripple effect in a lot of traditional red states like MT, KS, and as posted above - TX.
If neocons can call trump the head of a crime syndicate, I think democrats can do slightly better than a trump golf swing on loop for 45 seconds

entropy

Republicans are more than happy with Trump. The notion that they would abandon ship for democrats or someone like Biden is a myth invented by political strategists to make a buck. Similar to the bernie bro stuff or the joe rogan endorsement nonsense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.