2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

entropy

Yeah, like any person who didn't single handedly defeat racism in Texas at the age of 20 is such an hypocritical racist ^^
Its still problematic for someone who pretended to be of native indian descent. While we are at it, her first policy specifically aimed at black women was also a disaster(black infant mortality policy).

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
She was a student in Texas in the 60's. As the NYTimes states, " No Black woman had ever been offered acceptance into any of the sororities on campus.". This tweet, like most of the right-wing propaganda, is highly deceptive.
She, of her own volition, claimed to be Native American for much of her career subsequent to this.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Yeah, like any person who didn't single handedly defeat racism in Texas at the age of 20 is such an hypocritical racist ^^
Sorry, sarcasm fail again. Yes, I'm very much with you it's ridiculous that such things are taken out of such context.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
She, of her own volition, claimed to be Native American for much of her career subsequent to this.
I don't see any link between that and a deceptive tweet that implies she joined an all-white sorority as if there was any kind of alternative back then.

You're not on twitter, you do realize people actually expect arguments that make sense?

I don't even remotely care about this native/not native american shit, it's totally insignifcant in assessing her abililty to govern or not. But i was disapointed by her lack of leadership when she was running for dem seat, which surprised me because I thought she was very professional and charismatic during senate hearings.

Blodssvik

A thing can be 2 things. All of that can be true AND yet we can still see that one of the two choices is less evil than the other. 2020, and pretty much every presidential election, is a binary choice due to the 2 party nature of the US system. Until a viable 3rd party emerges or the progressive wing of the dems can break through the establishment this will be the reality.
Americans need to organize, criticize, put pressure and demand things from their favourite politicians, not just put blind faith that their vote will be enough. You don't get things by pledging unconditional support even to the so called progressive hopes.

entropy

Americans need to organize, criticize, put pressure and demand things from their favourite politicians, not just put blind faith that their vote will be enough. You don't get things by pledging unconditional support even to the so called progressive hopes.
You are naive in thinking they don't know or understand any of this. Democrats right now just wanna co-opt popular movements and label themselves progressives with little or nothing to show for it in terms of policies.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
You are naive in thinking they don't know or understand any of this. Democrats right now just wanna co-opt popular movements and label themselves progressives with little or nothing to show for it in terms of policies.
Not sure who you were/are calling naive, but bold part is true.

GiddyUp

Democrats are so cultist. They feel obligated to defend someone who bailed out banks, didn’t prosecute any of the ceos, and did feck all for those losing their houses. Accordingly to folks like you it was all rosy and the reason for 2016 had very little to do with the previous administration. It’s almost as if you live in an alternate reality and if it didn’t happen to you, it probably isn’t true.
You don't know me and that's a crock of shit. You come here all blow hard calling everyone racist and offer absolutely nothing. This is America. Nothing is rosey. But all your pissing and moaning means feck all.
I live in a reality my children, I have to. Where are you in your little head? Thinking more of trump and Republicans are better than Biden and the Dems because dems are racist, rapists and bad blah blah blah.
I put it to you that you don't live in reality behind your keyboard sawing of your nose to spite your face. You still going to sit on your arse in November and moan while another conservative justice get put on the court? How will your pious little world survive I wonder.

GiddyUp

A thing can be 2 things. All of that can be true AND yet we can still see that one of the two choices is less evil than the other. 2020, and pretty much every presidential election, is a binary choice due to the 2 party nature of the US system. Until a viable 3rd party emerges or the progressive wing of the dems can break through the establishment this will be the reality.
He really really doesn't get that. It's kind of pathetic in my opinion. No matter how many parties there are some people will find any excuse not to participate and fecking moan at everyone that tries to vote with their conscience and to get some sort of change that can help everyone. It's like he's ignores trump and this disgusting administration because Biden was racist in the 70's and Obama is a loser.

GiddyUp

How many bills on McConnell's desk. Seriously where is your disgust for the other party????

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
You don't know me and that's a crock of shit. You come here all blow hard calling everyone racist and offer absolutely nothing. This is America. Nothing is rosey. But all your pissing and moaning means feck all.
I live in a reality my children, I have to. Where are you in your little head? Thinking more of trump and Republicans are better than Biden and the Dems because dems are racist, rapists and bad blah blah blah.
I put it to you that you don't live in reality behind your keyboard sawing of your nose to spite your face. You still going to sit on your arse in November and moan while another conservative justice get put on the court? How will your pious little world survive I wonder.
I am assuming the bold is "(with) my children". I think this is the difference, at least for me. We do not have children of our own, but we do have nieces and nephews who might as well be. Their arrival in this world triggered a seismic shift in my political thinking. My voting is now based on one question: Which side of this initiatie/candidate/bond etc. will provide a better future for them. I don't like taxes any more than the next person, but if a higher rate will push more money to schools, environmental issues, healthcare etc. then so be it. They can't afford a "burn it all down" strategy.

entropy

@GiddyUp I hope you feel better now that you've gotten it out of your system. I think your anger is misplaced and should be directed at those who are supposed to be aligned with your politics. I also think people like yourself should read up on the crime bill, war on drugs, and the reprecusisons it has had on minority communities and still does to this day. Every time, I see posts like yours saying "Biden was a racist in the 70's" it feels like a deflection and avoidance to do any research on him.

Beachryan

Putting aside the fact that your posts are usually dogshite and lack any imagination. I distinctly remember your rape apologia posts. They were terrible then and are terrible even now.
Ah yes, when I had the temerity to suggest that the accusation of assault against Biden might not be reliable enough to immediately disqualify him from the nomination, and we should let investigations play out before making our minds up.
Which of course in your alarmingly twisted mind makes me a rape apologist. Sorry apologia. Because of that single assault case. I expect this to advance to me being a rapist soon. Is that how this works?

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
I don't see any link between that and a deceptive tweet that implies she joined an all-white sorority as if there was any kind of alternative back then.

You're not on twitter, you do realize people actually expect arguments that make sense?

I don't even remotely care about this native/not native american shit, it's totally insignifcant in assessing her abililty to govern or not. But i was disapointed by her lack of leadership when she was running for dem seat, which surprised me because I thought she was very professional and charismatic during senate hearings.

Firstly, there is an alternative to joining an all-white sorority. A former rival practised that alternative when he was in college, 10 years before she was.

Sanders’s activist record got a boost this year when a photo surfaced that showed him getting arrested in Chicago during protests in 1963 against the use of so-called “Willis Wagons.” The trailers, named for the despised (in the black community) CPS superintendent, Benjamin Willis, were deployed disproportionately on the South and West Sides as overflow space for African Americans whose segregated schools were overcrowded. Black parents argued that the trailers, typically placed on on schools’ parking lots or playgrounds, were being used to keep black students out of white schools, some of which were underpopulated. In the resulting boycotts, a whopping 200,000 students, mostly African American, stayed home from school.

You don't think she internally realised the contradiction between voluntarily joining an all-white organisation and volutnarily declaring herself not white, both times when it suited her?

entropy

The fact that we are even having these discussions is a great sign. Leveraging kids and nephews like it’s the most normal thing. Not alarming at all.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
The fact that we are even having these discussions is a great sign. Rationing kids and nephews like it’s the most normal thing. Not alarming at all.
Funny use of that world since you have refused to do any discussions regarding the topic of this thread, you know, the 2020 Election. Right now your position seems to be "I hate everyone and since I can't get exactly what I want then the country needs to burn". Also, apparently concern for ones children is "alarming" since anything other than perfection is not worth fighting for, amiright?

So for 10th time, what is the answer for 2020? If you are unable or unwilling to discuss what you think the right thing to do in this election is, then why the hell are you even here?

Beachryan

Funny use of that world since you have refused to do any discussions regarding the topic of this thread, you know, the 2020 Election. Right now your position seems to be "I hate everyone and since I can't get exactly what I want then the country needs to burn". Also, apparently concern for ones children is "alarming" since anything other than perfection is not worth fighting for, amiright?

So for 10th time, what is the answer for 2020? If you are unable or unwilling to discuss what you think the right thing to do in this election is, then why the hell are you even here?
I mean, the clue is in the username ;)

GiddyUp

@GiddyUp I hope you feel better now that you've gotten it out of your system. I think your anger is misplaced and should be directed at those who are supposed to be aligned with your politics. I also think people like yourself should read up on the crime bill, war on drugs, and the reprecusisons it has had on minority communities and still does to this day. Every time, I see posts like yours saying "Biden was a racist in the 70's" it feels like a deflection and avoidance to do any research on him.
What fecking research????
Tell me how Biden is unelectable compared to any Republican. Who are you voting for? Doubt you will answer, you never do. Sit at home and fecking moan while the rest of us do something.

GiddyUp

The fact that we are even having these discussions is a great sign. Leveraging kids and nephews like it’s the most normal thing. Not alarming at all.
So now we are bad people because we vote in the best intrest of our kids. That's not leveraging children. Ffs you have a warped mind.

entropy

Come on mate. Nothing I've pointed out is outlandish. I think it is very troubling that you can't seem to handle even the slightest of criticism. Bailing out banks, deporting migrants, putting children in cages, these are all glaring mistakes that have been made worse under trump. If you cannot see something so obvious, I am not sure how you can see any of Biden's faults.

GiddyUp

Come on mate. Nothing I've pointed out is outlandish. I think it is very troubling that you can't seem to handle even the slightest of criticism. Bailing out banks, deporting migrants, putting children in cages, these are all glaring mistakes that have been made worse under trump. If you cannot see something so obvious, I am not sure how you can see any of Biden's faults.
At this point you are not worth it. Stay home, we will bail you out.

GiddyUp

He doesn't have one, never had never will.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
At this point you are not worth it. Stay home, we will bail you out.
In fairness, a lot of the Bernie or Bust crowd don't really have a political home at the moment. Unlike Sanders himself, AOC and a few others who have actually worked with Biden to push progressive interests in recent months, the fringe elements of the Sanders movement, because they have such a dogmatically insular world view, no longer have a seat at the table and have been reduced to cries for help on the internet.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
In fairness, a lot of the Bernie or Bust crowd don't really have a political home at the moment. Unlike Sanders himself, AOC and a few others who have actually worked with Biden to push progressive interests in recent months, the fringe elements of the Sanders movement, because they have such a dogmatically insular world view, no longer have a seat at the table and have been reduced to cries for help on the internet.
I am not sure I buy this argument. I mean, I get it. I was a Bernie supporter and can barely stomach Biden, but that is what the choices are in 2020. Once the primary battle is over then pragmatism must rule the day, otherwise the country burns, and with Trump that might be a literal statement. If that is their position then the should just say it. If their world view is so dogmatic then they should proudly own that position.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
@WI_Red Is this the type of productive discussion you were talking about earlier?
I am not @GiddyUp.

I have been trying to engage you in a discussion and your only reply has been to dig at me for considering the interests of my nieces and nephews when voting. Is that productive discussion?

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
You don't think she internally realised the contradiction between voluntarily joining an all-white organisation and volutnarily declaring herself not white, both times when it suited her?
Nice try, it almost sounds like she joined the KKK. I don't give a damn about that, this is totally insignificant to me in assessing her ability to lead, as I previously stated. Your little twitter punchlines might work on twitter Trump fans but i couldn't care less. You're never going to find a candidate without flaws anyway, and the mere fact that you focus on ridiculous elements like that shows how shallow your arguments are. Any conservative should be appalled to see how the GOP puts up with Trump's insanity, they should be ashamed of themselves and will forever bear this stain on their carreer that their party is going to suffer from for years.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Nice try, it almost sounds like she joined the KKK. I don't give a damn about that, this is totally insignificant to me in assessing her ability to lead, as I previously stated. Your little twitter punchlines might work on twitter Trump fans but i couldn't care less. You're never going to find a candidate without flaws anyway, and the mere fact that you focus on ridiculous elements like that shows how shallow your arguments are. Any conservative should be appalled to see how the GOP puts up with Trump's insanity, they should be ashamed of themselves and will forever bear this stain on their carreer that their party is going to suffer from for years.
youve not said one worthwhile thing in this rant. my point is that she is a hypocrite, not that she is kkk, no idea where you got that from. maybe from imaginary twitter arguments you seem to be having in parallel. if all you wanted to say is that you dont care if shes a hypocrite, you could have started and ended with that, instead of making excuses (how could she *not* join it) and tangents (twitter trump people???).

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
@berbatrick walk the line you numpty. Being racist towards natives is ok. It doesn’t count.
the bernie "cult" is far more critical of its leader (the 2001 AUMF and texas nuclear waste dump are the big ones for me) than any other nominee's support group.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Firstly, there is an alternative to joining an all-white sorority. A former rival practised that alternative when he was in college, 10 years before she was.
Do you not understand the difference between a sorority and public schools? The original tweet was a misleading shitpost and contained nothing noteworthy.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
youve not said one worthwhile thing in this rant. my point is that she is a hypocrite, not that she is kkk, no idea where you got that from. maybe from imaginary twitter arguments you seem to be having in parallel. if all you wanted to say is that you dont care if shes a hypocrite, you could have started and ended with that, instead of making excuses (how could she *not* join it) and tangents (twitter trump people???).
"hypocrite" isn't a broad characterization. Your brain might like to put a label on people but what really matters is what you're hypocritical about. Joining a sorority at 20 and then pretend you're more native american than you are is, again, insignificant when you assess how good of a leader someone could be. I highly doubt she mentionned that at her mother's funeral in 1995 for political gain.
Now, being a sitting president lecturing people about the crime bill to discredit a political oppenent when you bought 2 pages in a newspaper to request the death penalty for 5 innocent black kids back then, THAT's hypocritical. Excuse me if i have a sense of proportion and priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.