2021 American Civil War

SirAF

Ageist
Any chance of something substantial happening over this? Like Thomas stepping down or being removed? The Republicans would throw a fit over another Biden nominee.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Any chance of something substantial happening over this? Like Thomas stepping down or being removed? The Republicans would throw a fit over another Biden nominee.
Unlikely. Only one SC justice has ever been impeached (no clue what for).

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Unlikely. Only one SC justice has ever been impeached (no clue what for).
Trump threw out the idea of packing the court in his CPAC speech ("The Dems are talking about packing the court, maybe we should do it?"). The crowd (firmly libertarian/constitutionalist despite their insanity) didn't go for it so he said "Well a lot of people say that, but I think maybe we won't do it".

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Trump threw out the idea of packing the court in his CPAC speech ("The Dems are talking about packing the court, maybe we should do it?"). The crowd (firmly libertarian/constitutionalist despite their insanity) didn't go for it so he said "Well a lot of people say that, but I think maybe we won't do it".
Interesting, but no clue how that relates to Congress impeaching Thomas.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Interesting, but no clue how that relates to Congress impeaching Thomas.
Wrong post. Point being that the Republicans throw a fit any time the Democrats consider doing something radical but they show themselves willing to take radical steps the Dems always shy away from. The mantra of "healing" the country is what the Democratic party ought to have branded on it. Clinton, Obama, Biden (especially the latest two). The GOP chips away at its radical vision and the Dems move back into reactionary middle of the road do-nothing politics for fear of upsetting the apple cart.

So they probably won't pursue the Thomas issue even though they should (the GOP would).

WPMUFC

A man who pled guilty in a plot to kidnap Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D-MI) over objections to her “tyrannical” Covid restrictions in 2020 told jurors on Thursday that the group was prepared to use a grenade launcher and machine gun to facilitate the kidnapping.

Kaleb Franks, 27, and Ty Garbin, 26, outlined to jurors the plan to kidnap Whitmer and strand her in a boat on Lake Michigan.

“I was going to be an operator,” Franks said Thursday about his role in the plot. “I would be one of the people on the front line, so to speak, using my gun.”
https://www.mediaite.com/crime/man-...uncher-and-machine-gun-to-fight-her-security/

Remember when the former POTUS tweeted that people should "Free Michigan'.....yeah, 2024 is going to be fun.

WPMUFC

and not one person held accountable. They had all these plans and in the end simply wimped out from enacting them. Now that there are no consequences for their actions and plans, i doubt they will wimp out next time.

MarylandMUFan

WATCH: Rally Crowd Bursts Into Cheers After Pastor Calls Trump ‘The Current and True President’

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/watc...r-calls-trump-the-current-and-true-president/
Would never happen but I would love it if a state or federal government would pass a law allowing people to file lawsuits against churches that violate rules that they are not allowed to politic from the pulpit our lose their tax exempt status. Kind of take the Texas abortion thing and flip that around on the churches.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Nothing going to happen with this that we expect. Trump won't be prosecuted and we can welcome 4 more years of him after the next election. I just hope that Russia has a coup before then.

WPMUFC

You guys won't get another chance in 2024. I don't think Trump can beat Biden once campaigning starts again. When he realises that, he will set in motion anything and everything to bring down the electoral process. He had to be held to account for 2020, now he's got a free pass.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
You guys won't get another chance in 2024. I don't think Trump can beat Biden once campaigning starts again. When he realises that, he will set in motion anything and everything to bring down the electoral process. He had to be held to account for 2020, now he's got a free pass.
I can envision his minions doing another Jan 6 or worse if he loses. They will be incited from day one with 2020/21 carryover.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Watched the pilot episode of Star Trek, Strange New Worlds last night and towards the end their is a sequence describing the almost destruction of Earth. Part of the footage used was of 1/6. Interesting political choice and hopefully not prescient!

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
"Surely this is the turning point".....you people really don't get it do you. His supporter base actually likes this.
True. The people who like "Guns for Jesus" bumper stickers are fanaticists who reject rationality and all critical thought, believe that they have a God-given right and mandate to impose their will on others, and are more than willing to use force and intimidation to do so. It's muscular "Christianity" heading towards fascism.

MarylandMUFan

[Spongebob French voice] A few hours later…[Spongebob French voice]

Holy cow, the ego on this kid (and I don't really blame him as he is surrounded by people that think he is a hero).
For those across the pond, college sports is huge and the top high school athletes are heavily recruited to play for certain teams. They have a day where high school athletes announce where they are attending college (called signing day). They make a grand announcement surrounded by their family by putting on the hat of the school they are attending. Even my kids school does a signing ceremony for all of their athletes that will be continuing to play in college even if they were not highly recruited (includes all sports like track, swimming, field hockey etc..). Now Kyle is just like them. :confused: