2021 American Civil War

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Nice strategy:

1. Claim something exists
2. Someone asks you for link to said thing
3. Duck out before providing link to said thing and blame it on the lefties

I googled "Milley Memo DC Protests" (I tried riots too) and only found links for stuff around 1/6, so I too would love a link.
Wait: someone doesn’t have @DJ Jeff on ignore?

RedDevilQuebecois

You clearly don't know shit about what you're talking about. I'm gonna duck out of this nonsense before the usual lefty suspects come in for the dogpile.
Have a laugh at yourself. You fascists and wannabe monarchists should feel lucky that Napoléon Bonaparte was not commanding troops on January 6 because he gave a lesson for the ages to those who actively wanted to kill the National Convention (parliament) of the French Republic some 227 years ago.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
So I read the article and I have a few issues with it:

1. The claim that " What should have been a serious bipartisan inquiry into an array of constitutional violations by the Trump administration has been turned into a prime-time campaign commercial for a Democratic Party running on fumes. " is completely disingenuous when it fails to mention that Pelosi tried to do just that but the GOP derailed it.
2. It is a classic case of whataboutism. Lobbying and special interests are a massive issue, I will not argue with that, but the lack of action by conress on that front does not invalidate a congressional hearing on what was a violent attempt to interfere with an orderly transition of power.
3. There has definitely been new info in these hearings. Witnesses, under oath, have confirmed that Trump and his team knew he had lost. The lies still continued and have contributed to the insane polarization of the USA.

That is just a few.

neverdie

Have a laugh at yourself. You fascists and wannabe royalists should feel lucky that Napoléon Bonaparte was not commanding troops on January 6 because he gave a lesson for the ages to those who actively wanted to kill the National Convention (parliament) of the French Republic some 227 years ago.
part of that article, and last time i'm plugging it, reminds me of the "history doesn't repeat but it rhymes" quote from Marx about the two Napoleons. Trump is like a farcical version of the fascist forces in 20s Germany.

"Hegel remarks somewhere that all great world-historic facts and personages appear, so to speak, twice. He forgot to add: the first time as tragedy, the second time as farce."

Last edited:

neverdie

So I read the article and I have a few issues with it:

1. The claim that " What should have been a serious bipartisan inquiry into an array of constitutional violations by the Trump administration has been turned into a prime-time campaign commercial for a Democratic Party running on fumes. " is completely disingenuous when it fails to mention that Pelosi tried to do just that but the GOP derailed it.
2. It is a classic case of whataboutism. Lobbying and special interests are a massive issue, I will not argue with that, but the lack of action by conress on that front does not invalidate a congressional hearing on what was a violent attempt to interfere with an orderly transition of power.
3. There he definitely been new info in these hearings. Witnesses, under oath, have confirmed that Trump and his team knew he had lost. The lies still continued and have contributed to the insane polarization of the USA.

That is just a few.
i don't disagree with those points but i do think he gets it right about the genre of politics devolving into spectacle. on 2, i don't think it is whataboutism because this is dominating the american media. that means those things which are as or more important are not dominating it but they rarely or never do. doesn't make for as good television.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
i don't disagree with those points but i do think he gets it right about the genre of politics devolving into spectacle. on 2, i don't think it is whataboutism because this is dominating the american media. that means those things which are as or more important are not dominating it but they rarely or never do. doesn't make for as good television.
Of course it is a spectacle, and for a good reason. Today was dry and boring and guess what, I turned it off whereas I watched the first 2 days in full. The attention spans of normal people are goldfishian and the need to keep people engaged is a factor that needs to be considered. I however, disagree with your final point. This is a topic that needs to be focused on and addressed head on. The big lie is now bigger than Trump, it has spread to all corners of our country and is having real consequences (just look at New Mexico).

neverdie

Of course it is a spectacle, and for a good reason. Today was dry and boring and guess what, I turned it off whereas I watched the first 2 days in full. The attention spans of normal people are goldfishian and the need to keep people engaged is a factor that needs to be considered. I however, disagree with your final point. This is a topic that needs to be focused on and addressed head on. The big lie is now bigger than Trump, it has spread to all corners of our country and is having real consequences (just look at New Mexico).
good points.

Carolina Red

Staff
This district is 85% Hispanic, Biden won it by 13 points in 20, yet elects a rather Trumpy American Firster.

I can’t quite get my head around it.
Until November, then it’s back up for grabs and it’ll be under newly drawn district lines against an opponent that’s harder to beat

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
:mad: :mad: :mad:

I have said a number of times in the past and I will say it again and again: those wackos should be treated the same way that foreign terrorism has been dealt with for the last 20 years. If they want war, then war they shall get.
Yep.

To quell my discontent, I just look at the Twitter avatar. Alemany is a badass investigative reporter as well as being easy on the eyes.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Feel bad for his wife and kid, but for him? Whatever . He voted not guilty at the first impeachment and votes lockstep with GOP on everything. Glad he grew a tiny conscious at the end, but he enabled the growth of the the cancer for 3.8 years.