2021 American Civil War

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It's getting unbelievable isn't it? At this stage we may very well find out that the brains behind isis is a white southern Baptist from the USA.
These people tend to fear and demonize globalization, the very thing that brought them where they are in a position that they want to deny to people that are like they used to be. The fact that people follow them is crazy.

Foxbatt

What is scary is who is going to come after this. I still maintain that if it was any other than Hillary Clinton he would have lost. I hope the Republicans can find someone moderate as their next contestant.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Giuliani's decline has been astonishing. One of the architects behind the Mafia's decline and then a respected NY mayor.

Makes you wonder if he was always this delusional or became delusional as he aged.

The Firestarter

What is scary is who is going to come after this. I still maintain that if it was any other than Hillary Clinton he would have lost. I hope the Republicans can find someone moderate as their next contestant.
If they manage to unite around Romney they have a real shot, moderates don't mind him.

Carolina Red

Staff
What kind of criminal is that? I still can't believe how they did those things without even trying to hide their identities.
The greatest part of them buying into the “Covid is a hoax” propaganda, in my opinion.

If they’d been masked they might have gotten away with it :lol:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
One of the lessons to take from all this is that people should engage with conspiracy theorists on a more serious footing rather than simply viewing them as a nuisance. Because these people are actually batshit crazy and dangerous.

The prevalence of the buy-in to this nonsense is exactly why people should be annoyed when the likes of Alex Jones are given mainstream exposure. It has infected public discourse.

Foxbatt

I hope that the officer who was murdered would be given the Congressional Gold Medal. He deserves it more than the one Trump gave to Rush limbaugh.

Sanche7

Giuliani's decline has been astonishing. One of the architects behind the Mafia's decline and then a respected NY mayor.

Makes you wonder if he was always this delusional or became delusional as he aged.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Shame Shame Shame. Only positive from all this is that some people who still supported him finally realized what a complete dingbat he is. Instead of being revered as a patriot who loved his country he'll be remembered as one of our most undeserving president. He'll be a stain in our history books. He's hated and pitied and lost the respect he didn't deserve in the first place from some of his people. It's scary to even think that this is who was in charge of America. All of the political leaders who thought he was fit to be president should have to answer as well. Anyone with a brain could have seen this was a mistake from the start. It's a miracle we're still surviving and the outcome wasn't more tragic. He needs to be removed ASAP.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Give it a day or two.
I suppose it's going to be a pretty fine line in some cases between making unfounded claims (about election fraud and so forth) and actually inciting illicit behavior.

But, yeah - I wouldn't be surprised to see Rudy banned too.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I think you are right. These people didn't just appear because of Trump. There were there all the time. He just gave them legitimacy and a figurehead they all could recognise. Once they think he has let them down they will turn on him.
That's the thing I think that's not discussed enough. Getting Trump out of the picture, Biden in place, and a Dems majority across the board doesn't make these people go away. They're still there, and while their motivations (underlying motivations; not the surface-level conspiracy stuff) aren't being addressed, they will continue to recruit new people to their side.

(With 'addressed', I don't mean 'give them what they want', of course. I mean addressing the socioeconomic issues that led them to feel disconnected and disenfranchised in the first 0lacez causing their openness to this bullshit.)

Paging @Florida Man

I was wondering how he managed to take that outside, but I see they actually found it back somewhere in the building, so at least that part of the world makes sense again to me.

Haha yes I knew the tweet you were referring to. It was a bad joke I know
Bugger, I fell for it! :lol:

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Can't find the image online to post it, but I just saw this:

"What's the difference between Mordor and the Capitol?"
"One does not simply walk into Mordor."

Foxbatt

Mozilla says removing Trump isn't enough - wants to shield Internet from all 'bad actors' - as users from the left and right unite in concern
https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2021/01/08/we-need-more-than-deplatforming/

Who could have saw this coming? All hail our capitalist technocracy.

Twitter, Facebook, Reddit et al legitimately have more power over the culture than any elected official or political group.
That is scary. Honestly I think removing or censoring is not a good idea.

Foxbatt

That's the thing I think that's not discussed enough. Getting Trump out of the picture, Biden in place, and a Dems majority across the board doesn't make these people go away. They're still there, and while their motivations (underlying motivations; not the surface-level conspiracy stuff) aren't being addressed, they will continue to recruit new people to their side.

(With 'addressed', I don't mean 'give them what they want', of course. I mean addressing the socioeconomic issues that led them to feel disconnected and disenfranchised in the first 0lacez causing their openness to this bullshit.)

I was wondering how he managed to take that outside, but I see they actually found it back somewhere in the building, so at least that part of the world makes sense again to me.

Bugger, I fell for it! :lol:
We can't say it's white supremacists alone because the guy behind a lot of this stuff is an African Arab.
But I guess it's booing of the opposition black players though you have your own black players.

I have to say that I am going to miss the antics of Trump. It was certainly very entertaining though scary. It was like watching a horror movie.

Foxbatt

What if it was removing or censoring ISIS? How would you feel then?
Trump is still the POTUS. He has not been convicted or let alone charged with terrorism let alone international terrorism or murder. Isis is on the un terrorism list.
That's why section 230 was problematic. It can be used for political purposes.

Foxbatt

It is, should have been done earlier. Without SoMe Trump wouldn’t have won in 2016.
I should have been more clear. Banning him for ever is not a good idea is what I mean. Removing his posts by all means if it's against the rules. If he continues then ban him.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
We can't say it's white supremacists alone because the guy behind a lot of this stuff is an African Arab.
But I guess it's booing of the opposition black players though you have your own black players.

I have to say that I am going to miss the antics of Trump. It was certainly very entertaining though scary. It was like watching a horror movie.
Not sure you're quoting the right post? Or am I missing the link of my post to white supremacists?

SirAF

Ageist
I should have been more clear. Banning him for ever is not a good idea is what I mean. Removing his posts by all means if it's against the rules. If he continues then ban him.
To be fair, he‘s broken Twitter’s terms many times already. If he was a normal person he would have been canned ages ago. He had it coming.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He has done for years and even won an election doing it. He should have been removed a long time ago and the only reason it didn't happen is because he shielded himself behind the notion of free speech.

The Firestarter

What are you on? He has done it repeatedly , how many more people need to die due to his words? They did it way to late. If he wants to address the people he can issue a press release like a normal president.

Precaution

Instead of outright banning him from Twitter, they could of moderated his posts for pre-approval, would be a fair compromise and that way he doesn't become a martyr with the far right saying "free speech!!" Etc

Foxbatt

What are you on? He has done it repeatedly , how many more people need to die due to his words? They did it way to late. If he wants to address the people he can issue a press release like a normal president.
You must be joking? Normal President? I don't think there is anything normal with Trump. But as another op said. Don't let them make him a martyr. He plays the victim. See how they prosecute me? See how they steal the election? Now it is going to be see how they shut down my freedom?
Prosecute him by all means for everything he has done and is doing but it's better not be give him any chance to play the victim.