2021 Sheep Draft

Enigma_87

You know who
@Enigma_87 @King Kendrick Who did you try for in R2?

Also - @Pat_Mustard Feckin' hell, it never occurred to me that Djalma was available, was sure he was picked/banned.
A certain German striker that you probably blocked :)

no luck with blocks ourselves in the draft. We blocked Tigana only to be picked in the 2nd round and then blocked Lahm in the second only Djalma to slip through in the third. :lol:

All in all pretty happy with the outcome of this round. We managed to upgrade on DM and of course on GK.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
We blocked Tigana only to be picked in the 2nd round and then blocked Lahm in the second only Djalma to slip through in the third.
Could have gone for both Tigana and Djalma myself, actually - but to be honest both of them just flew under the radar.

Shabby effort on my part, in terms of focus and research - but there you go.

Happy-ish with the picks, though. Ish.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
@Ecstatic Tomorrow (Thursday) is bad. Friday is semi-bad but can be done. Saturday is bad. Sunday is good. Monday is also good.

What say you?

ETA All of next week is good, actually. But I suppose we want things to move along as quickly as possible - so for me: best days this week would be Sunday (prefer that) and Friday (can be done).

Last edited:

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
A certain German striker that you probably blocked :)

no luck with blocks ourselves in the draft. We blocked Tigana only to be picked in the 2nd round and then blocked Lahm in the second only Djalma to slip through in the third. :lol:

All in all pretty happy with the outcome of this round. We managed to upgrade on DM and of course on GK.
I was expecting you to pick Seeler, Chumpitaz and Djalma Santos. :)
For Pat, I thought he would go for Nilton Santos instead of Djalma
Chester is like Physio, unpredictable

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Christ - both of them were available.

Ridiculous - I haven't been paying attention at all. Not that I needed Nilton, but still. Feckin' embarrassing in terms of draft awareness.
Nilton on the left and Fachetti could have been an option.

The other available players were Schuster, Conti, Greaves, Robben, Ribéry, Hassler, Nordhal, Crespo, trésor, Overath, Bochini, Cueto, etc.

Enigma_87

You know who
Aha! I did block a German striker - so sorry about that (if it's the same guy).

But it would at least mean my blocking attempts weren't entirely useless.
We picked Seeler, not that it's a big secret anyway. He would provide us with option to go 5-3-2, so made sense. The pool wasn't that opened up and from that pool I reckon Neuer and Voronin/Tigana were the best we can muster in terms of improving the team, considering what we've got.

Thought Seeler was generally "safe" as most weren't in for a striker anyway.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
@Enigma_87 @King Kendrick Who did you try for in R2?

Also - @Pat_Mustard Feckin' hell, it never occurred to me that Djalma was available, was sure he was picked/banned.
I wish I'd known that as I tied myself in knots pondering when to pick/block him, such was my certainty that you'd go for him! I'd completely missed that Lahm was available, so as far as I knew the pool of defensively top-notch RBs was Djalma and the mostly pre-footage and somewhat unheralded VR Andrade. Didn't want to risk going for that type of RB until I'd got my right winger sorted so margin of error was small.

My blocks for what it's worth were Djalma, then Blokhin, and finally Schuster.

Enigma_87

You know who
Probably one of very few GKs who can make some kind of impact in drafts.
Aye. He fits the theme nicely and is an upgrade of Grosics. Not the most popular position to pick, but generally hoping it will have some impact.

I was expecting you to pick Seeler, Chumpitaz and Djalma Santos. :)
For Pat, I thought he would go for Nilton Santos instead of Djalma
Chester is like Physio, unpredictable
RB was never on the radar considering we have Alves and Thuram. We also have plenty of options at CB.

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
Voronin Matthaus is such an excellent pair. Built a nice 4-4-2 with it once.

Enigma_87

You know who
I wish I'd known that as I tied myself in knots pondering when to pick/block him, such was my certainty that you'd go for him! I'd completely missed that Lahm was available, so as far as I knew the pool of defensively top-notch RBs was Djalma and the mostly pre-footage and somewhat unheralded VR Andrade. Didn't want to risk going for that type of RB until I'd got my right winger sorted so margin of error was small.

My blocks for what it's worth were Djalma, then Blokhin, and finally Schuster.
When do you want to go swinging, Pat? Can do today if you like or Monday, prefer not to go on weekends.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
RB was never on the radar considering we have Alves and Thuram. We also have plenty of options at CB.
I know. Was just speculating if you want another defensive RB if Thuram plays as CB.

I was expecting you/chester/pat trying Seeler in round 1
Pat trying Nilton Santos,
You and Chester on Djalma
etc.

My priority was Tigana and knew you or Pat would try to block him in Round 1

Falcao replaced by Tigana
Junior replaced by Breitner

So it's an ok round

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
@Ecstatic Sent my stuff to M.

Start whenever tomorrow, really - but I probably won't be around to comment until tomorrow afternoon/evening.

Good luck!

Himannv

He is generally unpicked so in the next draft you should be in a positon to take him.
Sorry, I didn't answer this very well before - I had a bit too much going on.

Yeah, he'd be available in other drafts, but I really wanted him for this team because I wanted an AM who would play a bit deeper and I felt that his workrate and strength are really impressive for a player who plays in that position.

I wanted this team to be a real unit with Francescoli/Eto'o, Boniek, and Rummenigge playing further forward and Netzer, Rijkaard, Souness/Vieira in behind them. Lots of workrate and energy so that they'd just work you over for the full 90 minutes - not just in terms of pressing, but also that gritty type of performance challenging for every ball and as such being really hard to play against and beat.

Final Reinfocrcement Round Criteria

Michaelf7777777

(∪。∪)。。。zzz
Final Reinforcement Round

Select a player that has played against someone in your opponent's squad in a final. Block two players that have played against someone in your squad in a final. This will be done three times with one selection and two blocks being sent each time. You cannot use the same player to link to a selection more than once. You cannot use the same player to link to a block more than once.

Selections and Blocks will not be considered if the player and final involved in the link is not specified.

Squads

8. Ecstatic 1) J. Leighton 2) Cafu 3) E. Figueroa 4) Jairzinho 5) M. Platini 6) G. Oriali 7) P. Breitner 8) G. Sarti 9) A. Giresse 10) Kaka 11) A. Shevchenko 12) K. Forster 13) S. Lerby 14) P. R. Falcao 15) Junior 16) T. Cerezo 17) R. Giggs 18) J. Tigana 19) D. Beckham

13. Pat_Mustard 1) Pele 2) A. Carbajal 3) D. Pereyra 4) Leandro 5) J. Neeskens 6) J. Skoblar 7) G. Furino 8) K. Hamrin 9) J. Camacho 10) G. Best 11) P. Vierchowod 12) B. Robson 13) K. Dalglish 14) D. Passarella 15) F. Toldo 16) S. Kocsis 17) S. Matthews 18) L. Suarez Miramontes 19) D. Santos

Please send your first selection in the next 24 hours

Final Reinforcement Round Selection 1 Results

Michaelf7777777

(∪。∪)。。。zzz
Final Reinforcement Round Selection 1 Results

Ecstatic - PASS (Diego Maradona)
Pat_Mustard - PASS (Giuseppe Bergomi)

Please send your second selection in the next 24 hours