2021 Summer Olympics (Tokyo)

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Lets goooo!!!!!

A high school kid from Alaska just won Olympic gold in Women’s 100m breaststroke!!!
What is very remarkable is the 14 year old from Canada, Summer Mcintosh, she hasn't won a medal but has been competing at the highest level and finished 4th against Ledecky and Titmus, I think she also competed against Titmus or Ledecky in the 200 freestyle semifinals and has a chance to get in the final in the 800 meters again against Titmus and Ledecky. To be already this good at that age is comparable to what Ledecky did in London.

Carolina Red

Staff
What is very remarkable is the 14 year old from Canada, Summer Mcintosh, she hasn't won a medal but has been competing at the highest level and finished 4th against Ledecky and Titmus, I think she also competed against Titmus or Ledecky in the 200 freestyle semifinals and has a chance to get in the final in the 800 meters again against Titmus and Ledecky. To be already this good at that age is comparable to what Ledecky did in London.
Oh I’ve noticed. I’m super impressed with the teenagers performances this year.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Crazy to think that Michael Phelps’ record in the fly might be broken already.
You mean by the teen from Hungary? He looked very comfortable on the semis and he has already taken a world record from him so yeah, it looks very likely he's going to break the Olympic record on the finals. I don't know if Chad le Clos made it to the finals but if he manages to swim next to him that is going to help him as Le Clos starts going all out on the first 100 meters so if Kristof manages to stay near him the first 100 he's going to be on pace to break the record.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Osaka looking shaky in the tennis. Down a couple service breaks in the first set to Vondrousova from the Czech Republic. Lost the first set 6-1. Lost the match in straight sets. Tsisipas gets revenge over Tiafoe on the men's side.

Last edited:

Deery

Dreary
Brilliant win for Flora Duffy in the women’s triathlon..

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Skateboarding was a thing when I was young but it so isn't an Olympic sport. I don't mind the BMX stuff as much and snowboarding is a great winter Olympic sport. But what little of the Olympic skateboarding has been embarrassingly bad.
They should try to attract better competitors then, not just can the whole thing if you ask me.

My comment wasn't completely serious though, mind. I haven't seen a live skateboarder since the late 90s.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Osaka looking shaky in the tennis. Down a couple service breaks in the first set to Vondrousova from the Czech Republic. Lost the first set 6-1. Lost the match in straight sets. Tsisipas gets revenge over Tiafoe on the men's side.
Women's tennis is so unpredictable.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Yeah the other girl played a great match though and Osaka made a lot of unforced errors. No one like Serena who's seperated themselves from the pack though so there will be a lot of competitive matches. Some of the womens boxing has been enjoyable to watch too. Action packed.

Classical Mechanic

Anyone been following the GB boxing team up to this tournament? I'm a bit out of the loop but apparently Pat McCormack is the star of the team? The GB commentator perhaps got a bit excited saying that Caroline Dubois is the best female fighter he's seen but she looks pretty good and the level of female boxing is clearly getting better. I noticed that Dubois lost a split decision to the Irish world champion Kellie Harrington who is 11 years older than her in the final of Olympic qualifying, that would be a fun final if they both can get through.

Last edited:

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Given Osaka's recent words/actions, she strikes me as someone that needs to be in a very specific headspace to excel.

I'm not sure she copes too well with the pressure of being the favourite, and I'm not overly surprised that she's suffered an early exit here given that she's come into this Olympics off the back of an absence and being the face of the games.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Women’s Taekwando Semi-Final there was incredibly exciting - went down to a kick in the very final second to win it.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Switzerland casually goes for gold, silver and bronze in the women's MTB race :lol:

Belgian hope for gold today with Matthias Casse at judo, already nervous even though I usually don't understand what's happening.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Pretty incredible, how often does that happen at the Olympics?
Can't say I follow women mountainbiking so I don't have a clue. It's big in Switzerland though for sure, Mathias Flückiger and Nino Schurter have been in the top 5 of the world for the last half decade or so.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Could she not have just backed off for 3 secs? Easy win then surely.
I think it's one of those sports where you need to be on the front foot. You try and back off to create space and you're just giving them more room to come and hit you.

I've watched at least 4 matches now so I'm an expert.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

U99ted

If it goes as expected, it will be a SA v NZ final. But would like GBP to cause an upset in that semi final. Very possible.
Fiji v Australia should be tasty. Fiji started slowly in the group but won all their games including a dismantling of GB. Wouldn’t count them out.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
If it goes as expected, it will be a SA v NZ final. But would like GBP to cause an upset in that semi final. Very possible.
Aren't Fiji supposed to be favourites? Beat the trollies off us at any rate.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
White water rafting (assuming thats what its called) looks so frustrating. Constantly having to go against the current of the water to go through the pole thingys.