2021 Summer Olympics (Tokyo)

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Yeah no fans makes this feel hollow and pointless. Who's going to be doing the torch thing? Someone famous?
Rumours it'll be Osaka since her match has been delayed from tomorrow till Sunday.

Watched a minute of the ceremony but couldn't be bothered after that, a total waste of time this time around.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Let's all give a warm round of applause for the fecking banker.

Wayne's World

Wait how did Ireland and Iceland go at the start with their flags? I always thought it went in alphabetical order from A to Z?

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Do the athletes normally come out so early? I swear there was so much shit in the London ceremony before the athletes went on.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Men and women grappling for flag waving supremacy, with the end result being neither can wave it adequately.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Covid has robbed us of eyeing up the beauties of each country. With the masks it's just not the same.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Wait how did Ireland and Iceland go at the start with their flags? I always thought it went in alphabetical order from A to Z?
I thought exactly the same, guess it's alphabetical in Japanese. Hopefully they hold a games in Wales one day.. that'll throw them.

I get they couldn't have a full stadium (or even half) but surely they could have had say... 3, 4, 5,000, spaced out? Be nice for the athletes to get some cheers.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Why is the guy who interviews Ronaldo and Mourinho singing John Lennon?

Acole9

Outstanding
They've must've spent no more than £100 on this. Been so boring.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Disappointed they have had no references to Takeshi's castle. :wenger:

anant

I don't think anyone can top the Opening ceremony of 2008 Olympics.

I liked opening to 2012 as well, as it was a bit more light hearted

Eendracht maakt macht

Supports
PSV Eindhoven
I would have wished the Japanese a proper olympics. This really saddens me. I have a surgery next week so I’ll probably watch every single event anyway :lol:. I really want to dive into the modern pentathlon this year. Are there any people who know more about this event? Seems wild.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
This were supposed to be amazing olympics but covid ruined that for everyone but still going to watch it and enjoy it. I was expecting something wild from the japanese like babymetal playing for the opening ceremony though...

I really want to dive into the modern pentathlon this year. Are there any people who know more about this event? Seems wild.
I'm not sure about the whole point system but I used to swim with a bunch of teenagers that competed in pentathlon and they were surely in top form. The swimming part is one of those things you have to dominate since very young if you want to be competitive so I had a hard time catching up to all those kids. They have to swim 200 meters which isn't precisely a sprint distance in swimming but you do need to be fairly fast. You have a certain base time and each third of a second you surprass that time would deduct points.

Eendracht maakt macht

Supports
PSV Eindhoven
This were supposed to be amazing olympics but covid ruined that for everyone but still going to watch it and enjoy it. I was expecting something wild from the japanese like babymetal playing for the opening ceremony though...

I'm not sure about the whole point system but I used to swim with a bunch of teenagers that competed in pentathlon and they were surely in top form. The swimming part is one of those things you have to dominate since very young if you want to be competitive so I had a hard time catching up to all those kids. They have to swim 200 meters which isn't precisely a sprint distance in swimming but you do need to be fairly fast. You have a certain base time and each third of a second you surprass that time would deduct points.
You also randomly get drawn a horse if i'm not mistaken.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
You also randomly get drawn a horse if i'm not mistaken.
Yup, you don't bring your own horse but they give one to you at random the day of the event. As a sport I'm not sure how attractive it is to the audience but to practice is quite something admirable, seems a lot more complicated and challenging compared to let's say being a triathlete.

Eendracht maakt macht

Supports
PSV Eindhoven
Yup, you don't bring your own horse but they give one to you at random the day of the event. As a sport I'm not sure how attractive it is to the audience but to practice is quite something admirable, seems a lot more complicated and challenging compared to let's say being a triathlete.
yes seems really hard. Fascinating too.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
The Olympics have started! Will be getting up at 4am to watch the 5,000meter synchronized non-binary karaoke relay, yoopiedoooo!!!

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
I must get up at 3am to watch that then!