2022 US Elections

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
:lol:

And this is the point where he shames Fox into having him on and then slips in a Hunter Biden dig.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Love it. He was at a rest stop somewhere & knocked out a few FaceTimes with the news networks.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Not to be pedantic (ok, I am) but PA is not Middle America or the Midwest. It literally has almost direct access to the Atlantic via the Delaware bay.

Not a shot at you, I just keep seeing people on Twitter refer to PA as an example of Midwestern States flipping. It is part of the rust belt, but it is not a Midwest state.
It feels like one, it seems more similar to Ohio than Vermont or any New England state to me. I see the census doesn't currently define it as one, but I wouldn't be surprised if, in the history of the usage of the term, we don't find Pennsylvania counted as part of the Midwest.

However, Rust Belt does seem to be a good team to describe these middle class industrial states. I'm just not sure many people are familiar with it, outside those who watch the news, which isn't many of us.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
It feels like one, it seems more similar to Ohio than Vermont or any New England state to me. I see the census doesn't currently define it as one, but I wouldn't be surprised if, in the history of the usage of the term, we don't find Pennsylvania counted as part of the Midwest.

However, Rust Belt does seem to be a good team to describe these middle class industrial states. I'm just not sure many people are familiar with it, outside those who watch the news, which isn't many of us.
I do think that rural, western PA is probably more WI than NY. Actually, it does feel like OH,PA,MI, and WI all have in common that there are 2-3 big urban centers that lean heavy Dem and a bunch of batshit crazy red areas. It's why all those states, except OH, have Dem governors but heavily red legislatures.

sport2793

:lol:

And this is the point where he shames Fox into having him on and then slips in a Hunter Biden dig.

"It's a kosher bill, I'd say halal but I know how that might play on this network"

nimic

something nice
Scout
Jon Stewart is a true legend. I'm really glad there are people like him calling out the fact that first responders and veterans are being fecked over by Senate Tortoises.
He really is. And this isn't like a publicity thing for him, he's been advocating for these people for years.

This one is always worth a re-watch:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Whenever I get frustrated about the state of Dutch politics I visit this thread for some perspective. Thanks guys.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
He really is. And this isn't like a publicity thing for him, he's been advocating for these people for years.

This one is always worth a re-watch:

Wow, I never saw that before. Goosebumps. Why doesn't Jon run for president? Probably because he's self aware enough to know that it's an actual job and not a showbizz gig, but feck how anyone, regardless of politics could disagree with any of that is beyond me. As he says, how is this bill not unanymous.

RedDevilQuebecois

Wow, I never saw that before. Goosebumps. Why doesn't Jon run for president? Probably because he's self aware enough to know that it's an actual job and not a showbizz gig, but feck how anyone, regardless of politics could disagree with any of that is beyond me. As he says, how is this bill not unanymous.
If it were for me, I wish Jon could run for Senate so he can bring back the energy that was somewhat lost after Al Franken resigned. I'm glad that more people like John Fetterman and Tim Ryan are stepping up as there is a strong need for new energy and fresh faces in the Senate, but the needle would move a lot further with very active militants like Jon.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
"having a powerful toughness.."

He's got a way with words, got to give him that. A very stupid way, but still.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Funny, Kari Lake began to pull away because of votes totals that were released overnight. Wonder if she will want to do an audit of them?

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Looking forward to watching this in person…

I fully anticipate Walker canceling for some reason or another, perhaps a bad timed illness or who knows what. Just cannot see this going through, his camp knows he cannot win a debate unless it's extremely watered down with gotcha talking points.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Looks like Kari Lake will get the Republican nod in Arizona. She's right up there with the craziest of them.