2023 NFL Confidence Pool

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
NFL confidence pools (also known as pick’ems) are season long prediction competitions.

Each week, players pick straight up winners for every game and rank those picks based on how confident they are in their prediction. These are your "confidence picks."

When a player’s pick is correct, they’re awarded points based on how highly they ranked the game. Their most confident pick yields 16 points, their second most confident pick yields 15 points, and so on and so forth (16 games a week).

The player with the most points across all games wins the pool.

Space for 15 entrants maximum. I'll collate the weekly winners in the OP. Overall winner will be at the end of the regular season.

https://www.runyourpool.com/p/j/7f8a1a3336e9413fb911c01ac9769e48

altodevil

Agreed. This is the best pool for picks. Come on NFL people.

altodevil

We all fecked up and picked the Chiefs. So there is still time for others to join at no disadvantage.

Sandyman

Me and backofthenet had the least confidence in it. Should get pity points

Meller

Had no idea about Kelce being out. Also had no idea about the confidence thing. Should probably have read the rules. Oh well.

whitbyviking

Death, taxes and me jinxing something. I’m going to put the chiefs at 16 every week if it means they lose :lol:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Was just looking to do my picks for his week. This week is very very tough!
Yeah the parity is crazy, didn't feel comfortably picking any games bar one or two I was semi-confident about.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I really like this though, I think it’s a really clever picks format. For example Ayush got more picks right than I did, but because he wasn’t as confident on the ones he got right his total score is actually less than mine. So it’s an interesting dynamic - not just about being right, but how sure you are that you’re right. Kinda eliminates a little bit the element of luck.

altodevil

I really like this though, I think it’s a really clever picks format. For example Ayush got more picks right than I did, but because he wasn’t as confident on the ones he got right his total score is actually less than mine. So it’s an interesting dynamic - not just about being right, but how sure you are that you’re right. Kinda eliminates a little bit the element of luck.
It's great - we had it built into the MFL dynasty if you remember

altodevil

How many seasons have you won in our dynasty btw?
Once, but the only team to be in the playoffs every season, and in the money for 3 out of the 4. Agree it is a joke it's not been more than once. I think I might jump ship next season or the one after as my window closes, hence not trading away picks anymore.

RoadTrip

Once, but the only team to be in the playoffs every season, and in the money for 3 out of the 4. Agree it is a joke it's not been more than once. I think I might jump ship next season or the one after as my window closes, hence not trading away picks anymore.
Yeah I won year one. And I think last year was the first not in playoffs. I don’t even think my team was built to “win short term” - but I did have some bad luck I feel on some of my younger core players. Gordon, Thomas in particular. Wouldn’t have expected then to die off totally after Y1.

altodevil

Yeah I won year one. And I think last year was the first not in playoffs. I don’t even think my team was built to “win short term” - but I did have some bad luck I feel on some of my younger core players. Gordon, Thomas in particular. Wouldn’t have expected then to die off totally after Y1.
Yeah shit happens, that's the illusion of dynasty. You think you are set, but you never really are. Your team looked completely stacked after year 1.

RoadTrip

I am in the shitter right now. But, Nacau might be a good pick up. And I’ve got lots of picks. So we will see what I can do next year.