2024 U.S. Elections

RedDevilQuebecois

Starting to think this guy has no chance nationally…

How much of an idiot one has to be to demand a proof of rape, especially when the accumulation of legal and policing hurdles is the main reason why rapes are underreported?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
How much of an idiot one has to be to demand a proof of rape, especially when the accumulation of legal and policing hurdles is the main reason why rapes are underreported?
And where does one go to get a ‘proof of incest’ document when one is 12 & impregnated by a family member?

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
And where does one go to get a ‘proof of incest’ document when one is 12 & impregnated by a family member?
Tricky isn't it. By the time you can get definitive proof (fetal tissue biopsy) it will be too late. Sorry little girl, those are the rules.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I’ll put this here due to the projected number of attendees being candidates. It’s a long one…

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
That's promising, but it's also an outlier among approval rating polls, the only other positive one also being Rasmussen (which in itself is super weird). Other recent polls have ranged from +3 disapproval to +16 disapproval.
Yep, defo an outlier.

atkar83

Signing that six-week abortion ban ended any hope he might’ve had of winning a general election imo.
Most of the public hasn't even heard him speak yet. He's been raised up by people talking him up and headlines talking about how tough he is on woke or whatever. But he sounds extremely flustered as soon as he has to face any sort of pushback. I doubt he would ever take on Trump in a debate, because all Trump knows how to do is not debate and just attack everything in site. People are scared of him but I don't see him beating Biden or anyone, especially if he doesn't gain Trumps support, which Trump has no reason to give

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Most of the public hasn't even heard him speak yet. He's been raised up by people talking him up and headlines talking about how tough he is on woke or whatever. But he sounds extremely flustered as soon as he has to face any sort of pushback. I doubt he would ever take on Trump in a debate, because all Trump knows how to do is not debate and just attack everything in site. People are scared of him but I don't see him beating Biden or anyone, especially if he doesn't gain Trumps support, which Trump has no reason to give
Yeah, I don’t know if he’d run at all, just seemed like he was the Republican crown prince for a time.

jm99

Yeah, I don’t know if he’d run at all, just seemed like he was the Republican crown prince for a time.
The problem for the republicans is that trump has, pun intended, a trump card. If they don't pick him, he can run as a third party and guarantee they lose the election, because the GOP need the trump zealots to win an election. So as long as he wants to be the candidate, if he's willing to play that card they don't have a choice. He has a bizarre level of support for him personally, and would take off enough of the republican vote to guarantee a democrat win

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout

It's so sad there are no alternatives. He's had a chaotic time so far doing some good but lots of bad, and even his staunchest supporters have to admit his age and health is a serious worry. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't make it to the end of this term, let alone 4 years after that.

Then we have the invisible woman that is his Vice President. She's virtually non existent a lot of the time.

It's a very sad state of affairs when the only two real parties leading candidates are Biden and Trump. Again. It really needs someone from either side to step up and take control and bring the country back together. I would prefer a sensible centrist Republican than Biden. Tbh, there wouldn't be much difference. The trouble is it's doubtful they would get the nomination as the lunatic fringe are in control of the Republicans at the moment.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
It's so sad there are no alternatives. He's had a chaotic time so far doing some good but lots of bad, and even his staunchest supporters have to admit his age and health is a serious worry. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't make it to the end of this term, let alone 4 years after that.

Then we have the invisible woman that is his Vice President. She's virtually non existent a lot of the time.

It's a very sad state of affairs when the only two real parties leading candidates are Biden and Trump. Again. It really needs someone from either side to step up and take control and bring the country back together. I would prefer a sensible centrist Republican than Biden. Tbh, there wouldn't be much difference. The trouble is it's doubtful they would get the nomination as the lunatic fringe are in control of the Republicans at the moment.
Been a looooong day & might just be blanking here, but what’s the ‘lots of bad’ when he had a pretty successful first term vis à vis getting legislation passed & judges.

RedDevilQuebecois

Harris is shite. Her position should be open for a primary challenge because the current administration basically needs to prepare the next presidency straight away.

If it were for me, the DNC should make the competition happen at that particular position. It has happened before when the DNC ditched Henry Wallace to have Harry Truman as FDR's running mate in 1944.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Harris is shite. Her position should be open for a primary challenge because the current administration basically needs to prepare the next presidency straight away.

If it were for me, the DNC should make the competition happen at that particular position. It has happened before when the DNC ditched Henry Wallace to have Harry Truman as FDR's running mate in 1944.
Vice President's don't have primaries, the presidential candidate picks them

RedDevilQuebecois

Biden would be under pressure to keep her since she checks several boxes (diversity, woman etc).
People nationwide do NOT trust her to take over the presidency in the event that something happens to Joe Biden. Just as I said, the objective has changed to preparing the next presidency.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
People nationwide do NOT trust her to take over the presidency in the event that something happens to Joe Biden. Just as I said, the objective has changed to preparing the next presidency.
They never did, but then again most wouldn't have trusted the likes of Dan Quayle or Dick Cheney either. In Biden's case, there is a decent chance he could die in office if he wins reelection, so the stakes are higher.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
They never did, but then again most wouldn't have trusted the likes of Dan Quayle or Dick Cheney either. In Biden's case, there is a decent chance he could die in office if he wins reelection, so the stakes are higher.
Imagine President Dan Quayle :lol:

Oh man, that's good. What a time to have been alive.