2024 U.S. Elections

RedDevilQuebecois

For a few years, Cheney was basically an acting president.
It's pretty obvious. Worst kept secret for anyone following Washington politics in those years.

To this day, we have not seen any other VP with that level of control behind the scenes.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
It’s not from him, but there’s still people out there who want him to run. Only a couple of weeks left til the session is over…

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Nah, ain’t gonna be an issue in ‘24. A lot of worry about nothing.

Or something.

SinNombre

Middle ground on abortion, what is that exactly?
I think she mentions that in the video.

Denmark allows abortion on request during the first 12 weeks of pregnancy. Thereafter, abortion is permitted on social and economic grounds and in cases of rape, incest, and fetal impairment with the permission of a committee made up of two doctors and a legal or social worker.

That would be considered middle ground to most Americans.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Why is a state governor in Japan doing interviews?
He apparently thinks cosplaying a fictitious POTUS will magically stop his slide in the polls. Trump will probably seize on this to proclaim DeSantis cares more about himself than the state of Florida.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
So he'll be what? 81 at the time of the election, wow.

They better choose his running mate carefully.

lsd

The Oracle
I know Biden has a big fanbase and the Republicans are not in the best shape but this is still worrying.

He would need a big hitter alongside him as his VP certainly moreso than Kamala

Gavin Newsom would be good but would he run as Vice President?

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Absent a health issue (real or made up), there is zero chance he replaces Harris. Putting aside that it has not happened since FDR (who had 3 VP over 4 terms!), the optics of replacing the first woman and minority VP would be horrific.

WPMUFC

I know Biden has a big fanbase and the Republicans are not in the best shape but this is still worrying.

Biden's only good match up is Trump and by all accounts the GOP are deciding to blow their brains out on that orange crook. I get the impression that voters kind of wish both biden/trump would feck off, but they aren't switching from Biden if he feels comfortable to announce soon.

Just like with Feinstein, the democrats obsession with old politicans keeping their "status" is bizarre. I know they are all old, but the GOP are much more ruthless moving on dead wood.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

Absolutely no chance he drops Kamala.

dove

Wow, he already needs someone hold his hand to make sure he doesn't get lost, imagine him in 5-6 years...

hobbers

Did they let republicans choose that slogan for them? So bad.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
I'm running to be your President at 86 years old.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
That is why the question about the choice for the running mate matters far more than ever.
I don't see anyway where he would ditch Harris. He needs the diversity vote to win the election and ditching her now would cause more problems for him than they would solve.