g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

2024 U.S. Elections

WPMUFC

‘You Have No Choice’: Trump Tells Glenn Beck He Will Absolutely ‘Lock People Up’ If Returned to White House
https://www.mediaite.com/politics/y...ly-lock-people-up-if-returned-to-white-house/

I've said this before, but I really do understand now how authoritarianism and fascism is allowed to propagate in "liberal" societies. No one takes their ranting seriously enough. They keep pushing and pushing until they get the opportunity and them BAM it's just commonplace and normalised on the right that you lock up political opponents because "that's politics now".

Krakenzero

Supports
Santiago Wanderers
Yes. he wants all of them to take the civic test and this is only a practical start point.
I can't speak for him,
:houllier:

Anyway, if he's gonna go through all the trouble to run, win, propose an ammendment and get the support of an overwhelming majority in the House, the Senate and in the states, while also having to convince the SCOTUS that none of it is unconstitutional in the process, why don't include every voter in the test requirement anyway? That way at least he won't be accused of targeted voter supression.

By the way, what are these Biden policies that have been horrendous for the country?

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
:houllier:

Anyway, if he's gonna go through all the trouble to run, win, propose an ammendment and get the support of an overwhelming majority in the House, the Senate and in the states, while also having to convince the SCOTUS that none of it is unconstitutional in the process, why don't include every voter in the test requirement anyway? That way at least he won't be accused of targeted voter supression.
It would be easier to abolish the 2nd amendment than get all that done!

GiddyUp

If I had one cent for everytime a conservative was wrong or a fecking idiot I'd be taking Clarence and Ginny out for unicorn steaks on Mars.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Yes. he wants all of them to take the civic test and this is only a practical start point.

Also, lets get the truth about Biden here. I voted for Biden only because it was Trump on the other side. There were only two candidates fighting for presidential election in the last term. Trump vs Anybody but Trump. I refuse to believe anybody would have picked Biden against any other candidate but Trump. Democrats could have had a donkey standing against Trump, I would have voted for that donkey for Trump is the most divisive, 3rd rate inhuman demagogue the country has ever seen. He has done more damage to the country than any single politician has in the recent history of US.

That said, if somebody asked me who was the worst president of this century, my answer would be Biden. Tell me why somebody like Biden was selected to represent Democrats last election, while they have somebody brilliant like Pete Buttigieg. I will tell you why - He is a non-gay white christian and this is an undeniable fact. Despite his genuine inability to string two sentences together he was nominated as the presidential candidate by the Democrats for what? because he was great at the debates? because he is a brilliant career politician with great policies? Naah. It's because the supposed woke and LGBTQ progressive Democrats didn't want to select Buttigieg like candidates because they need the racist/religionist/non-LGBTQ anti woke votes. Nothing else. Why is Kamala Harris a VP? on Merit? She is a brilliant prosecutor and could have done something good with the Justice Department. But why is she VP Candidate and I will tell you why, its because of the we-are-not-racist democratic party choosing a person without any merit in the name of woke. For some reason this is considered highly progressive. The hypocrisy is stunning. A truly progressive state as the great MLK put it should identify an American only based on the content of his character not the color of his skin.

Biden's policy have been absolutely disastrous for the country, because his vision is severely limited by his vote bank. Its much worse than Trump on many counts and that should say something. He had the senate in control and I wanted him to go all out and make a change and guess what he has done so far. Absolutely nothing. If I have to vote between Vivek and vote bank collecter Biden, its Vivek for me and its not even a competition. Vivek is a flawed politician sure, but he is definitely better than the I-will-please-people-without-doing-what-I-promised Biden.
An opinion so clueless and laughable it does not even deserve a real response.

Imagine thinking a president who actually ended a war for once, is worse than someone who invaded a country based on lies, imagine thinking he is worse than someone who wanted(and still do) to end democracy in the US as we know it.

gaffs

Also, lets get the truth about Biden here. I voted for Biden only because it was Trump on the other side. There were only two candidates fighting for presidential election in the last term. Trump vs Anybody but Trump. I refuse to believe anybody would have picked Biden against any other candidate but Trump. Democrats could have had a donkey standing against Trump, I would have voted for that donkey for Trump is the most divisive, 3rd rate inhuman demagogue the country has ever seen. He has done more damage to the country than any single politician has in the recent history of US.

That said, if somebody asked me who was the worst president of this century, my answer would be Biden. Tell me why somebody like Biden was selected to represent Democrats last election, while they have somebody brilliant like Pete Buttigieg. I will tell you why - He is a non-gay white christian and this is an undeniable fact. Despite his genuine inability to string two sentences together he was nominated as the presidential candidate by the Democrats for what? because he was great at the debates? because he is a brilliant career politician with great policies? Naah. It's because the supposed woke and LGBTQ progressive Democrats didn't want to select Buttigieg like candidates because they need the racist/religionist/non-LGBTQ anti woke votes. Nothing else. Why is Kamala Harris a VP? on Merit? She is a brilliant prosecutor and could have done something good with the Justice Department. But why is she VP Candidate and I will tell you why, its because of the we-are-not-racist democratic party choosing a person without any merit in the name of woke. For some reason this is considered highly progressive. The hypocrisy is stunning. A truly progressive state as the great MLK put it should identify an American only based on the content of his character not the color of his skin.

Biden's policy have been absolutely disastrous for the country, because his vision is severely limited by his vote bank. Its much worse than Trump on many counts and that should say something. He had the senate in control and I wanted him to go all out and make a change and guess what he has done so far. Absolutely nothing. If I have to vote between Vivek and vote bank collecter Biden, its Vivek for me and its not even a competition. Vivek is a flawed politician sure, but he is definitely better than the I-will-please-people-without-doing-what-I-promised Biden.
Mate, you should stick to 4Chan.

Biden won the primary because he obtained the most votes. That may be for a number of factors, but the primary reason as to why is because primary voters saw him as the best shot to best Trump. Anyone else may have been a risk.

I'm not sure what you are even trying to say re Harris?

Which of Biden's policies have been so bad?

SinNombre

This tweet is wrong in many ways - DRLL is an etf launched as anti-ESG etf. This is not exactly new information, the anti-ESG agenda is how he got mainstream attention in the first place, and it doesn’t mean the etf’s aum is a reflection on his personal stake in drilling.

You guys are fine to continue bashing him on his anti-ESG agenda.

NotThatSoph

I read this and laughed out loud at how far away this is from reality. The easiest step in the immigrant entry process is writing the civic test. It is clearly given to people who have been selected to become immigrants to learn about the country. Like the brochure you get after you enter the zoo. It is sometimes better to refrain from saying things we are not aware of.
Yet the pass rate is less than 100 %. We can add "barrier to entry" to the growing mountain of things you don't know what means, it seems.

Look, I'll explain ad hominems to you. Not because I think you'll learn anything, but at least you have the opportunity. A fallacious ad hominem argument takes one of two forms. The first is an informal fallacy, where you attack an irrelevant personal characteristic as part as your argument:

Premise 1: People who smell bad don't know what they're talking about.
Premise 2: We shouldn't listen to people who don't know what they're talking about.
Premise 3: You smell.
Conclusion: We shouldn't listen to you.

This argument would typically be called fallacious because on most topics body odour isn't relevant. The other form is more formal, where the conclusion doesn't follow from the premises:

Premise 1: Drunk people tend to be full of shit.
Premise 2: You're drunk.
Conclusion: You're full of shit.

But, you can change the above into an argument that attacks the person without being fallacious:

Premise 1: Drunk people tend more often than not to be full of shit.
Premise 2: You're drunk.
Conclusion: You're probably full of shit.

This is a perfectly valid argument, and it's not fallacious. It doesn't mean that it's sound, because the premises might be untrue, and it doesn't mean that it's any good, but it's not fallacious. Noteworthy, too, is that all three examples above are arguments. Ad hominems are fallacious arguments, so if something isn't even an argument then it can't be a fallacious argument, and then it course can't be an ad hominem argument either. This is similar to how something can't be a red car if it isn't even a car.

If someone insults you, or if you (hypothetically!) spend days just calling everyone kids as a defense mechanism, then that's just namecalling. No latin magic spells coming to your rescue.

Last edited:

Carolina Red

Staff
This tweet is wrong in many ways - DRLL is an etf launched as anti-ESG etf. This is not exactly new information, the anti-ESG agenda is how he got mainstream attention in the first place, and it doesn’t mean the etf’s aum is a reflection on his personal stake in drilling.

You guys are fine to continue bashing him on his anti-ESG agenda.
That’s a lot of acronyms.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Why not start with people over 65? Or poorly educated rural voters? Why use an arbitrairy metric like age while there are many more logical starting points?

Are people who fail no longer obliged to pay tax? No tax without representation and all that.
Telling them that they cant vote because they're stoopid and needing to be tested for basic logic?

Yeah right thats gonna work in Republican country.

I doubt most immigrants can take this test by the way. It's either gonna be dumbed down an immigrant from HongKong with broken English can do it, or nobody can pass.

This test stuffs are just populist talks for someone pretending to run for president, gaining a little of popularity and hopefully a few more votes for local election. That's all

Anyone taking Vivek seriously is living in a dreamland. It's like Trump saying he's gonna make Mexico pays for the wall

Carolina Red

Staff
@iamking - what do you think is going to happen to Vivek’s popularity when the rank and file GOP primary voter finds out that when he says “god”, he’s not talking about the Christian one?

iamking

Yet the pass rate is less than 100 %. We can add "barrier to entry" to the growing mountain of things you don't know what means, it seems
If someone insults you, or if you (hypothetically!) spend days just calling everyone kids as a defense mechanism, then that's just namecalling. No latin magic spells coming to your rescue.
As for my friend NotThatSoph, you have made terrible comments in your previous post. I would say talk about it in detail over wasting time on meaningless things.

I'm quite sure there will be unprecedented resistance from all over the world over implementing it for 18-25 year olds as well, since it's a very clear infringement on voting rights, but with his rationale (wanting to make sure only informed people vote) a much better case could be made for people from states with poor educational records.

And even then, politics and (inter)national policy making is very complicated. This civics test that any high school kid can clear doesnt even begin to scratch the surface of measuring someone's understanding of politics.

Encouraging young people to take an interest in politics is great, but putting obstacles in front of people before they can vote is a ridiculous notion, especially in light of the spirit of the US' founding fathers. That's what makes it so ridiculous, Vivek is talking about heritage and people needing to understand the principles on which the country was build, but this idea is the exact opposite of that.

And once again, one of the principles of the colonists; no tax without representation. Are people who fail the test no longer obliged to pay taxes? Because a government levying taxes from people who aren't allowed a say in politics is as unamerican as French fries with mayonaise.

Of course it doesnt matter, because even if he is elected (he has no chance), there is no way he will ever (ever ever ever) get this through. Of course he knows this, as all populists do.
Valid points, I had a similar discussion with Raol. This age group shows literally the least interest in voting and Vivek's surmise is that, they have taken the voting rights for granted and hardly have any interest in it. If this test is mandated he surmises that people who make it through the test will show greater interest in valuing their votes and thus show greater interest in participating in it. Now either thing can happen, voters feel tests are hard and disillusioned not do it or voters start valuing hard-earned stuff and jump in the fray. So at the very least I wouldn't say its total nonsense.

Also bro, your point about government levying taxes without say in politics is unamerican is not correct. Ask any of your Indian/Chinese immigrant friends in US (if you have any), they will explain it in detail. I will give the shorter answer, Any immigrant living in US and using US resources for over 5 years will be asked to pay taxes as a resident and it has nothing to do with voting rights. So taxes don't guarantee voting rights in US (as unamerican as it may sound), so your point will not be valid.

As for Biden's failed promise, I will state the most terrible ones
1. Trump inditements - using prosecution against political opponents, whether he deserved it or not the mere fact that he is the main opposition nomination demands that his charges are held till election (we are going to see many of this going forward, banana republic stuff)
2. Delay in removing Trump's Title 42 (only after the uproar from within his base was this inhuman practice stopped)
3. Failure to reform Supreme Court (No balls) - Roe v Wade happened and did nothing
4. Ukraine war - no end in sight.
5. Southern Border Crisis
6. Failure to Unite the nation (The division has only become more prominent)
7. Weak Foreign Policy (current mishandling of China), de dollarization discussed, Saudi Iran settlement without US, etc.
8. Vote Bank politics (saying populist things like giving citizenship to all illegal immigrants, Giving GC to all legal immigrants etc without any plans for doing them)
9. Housing crisis, inflation and debt
10. Afghan pull out fiasco.
11. America Last policy
12. it goes on and on...

Beyond anything else Biden is a calculated anti-trump pick and he fulfilled his only policy on the day of election - defeat Trump. You could see how poor his policies are with the current state of our country. It was a tough call between him and GW Bush and may be recency bias made me pick him. The guy in the forum saying he didn't understand the bit about how Kamala Harris became VP, must be disingenuous or dumb.

As for Trump, he did well when it came to policies and that's just my opinion. But for the pandemic, we were seeing generational economic progress under him and the way he handled China and Europe was strong. He recognized the border issue (despite dealing with in inhumanly). But he is the worst president as a person (not policy). Feeding racism, disregard for life, COVID denial, lying 24X7, normalizing misinformation and corruption, he is the biggest threat to the union since the civil war and slavery. I want his policies without his baggage.

As for Vivek's civic test Idea, It's good that most of us have now moved on from denying the merits of the civic test with outlandish claims to discussing its infeasibility in Senate. I will take it as progress in this forum. If every idea coming out from the president has to be considered as ones that makes the senate, or its sound bite, then there will be no real ideas. Take abortion for example, Any anti-abortion law or abortion freedom law will never make the senate majority, does it mean talking about it is useless. The best thing to do when such ideas come from presidential candidates is to chew on it for its merit and have an open debate about it to expand your ideas/concerns until we reach general consensus.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I’ve figured it out. They’re just a shit Maticmaker.

Not sure if it’s sociopathic or psychotic. I just don’t know where one ends & the other begins.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
@iamking The arrogance and sheer disregard for anyone else's opinion & your holier than thou attitude in your posts is absolutely disgusting imho. 'I will take it as progress in this forum' jfc, wow, although it does fit given your username. :lol:

Oh I think we've definitely reached a consensus.
:lol: I know right? :lol:

The failed promises list is quite something. The first one on the list is fecking hilarious. Biden isn't doing anything and HE IS NOT using prosecution against Trump. Trump is being prosecuted because of laws he has broken (allegedly) That's not on Joe at all and it's incredibly disingenuous to suggest otherwise.

Blaming him for the Ukraine war is also hilarious. But that's been explained to you several times but it seems you still don't get it and just want to put the blame at Bidens feet for doing exactly the same thing that many others are doing, imposing sanctions, sending aid and military equipment, providing training and showing support for Ukraine.

I mean, what would you like him to do? It's not the USA's sole responsibility to sort it out nor can he get directly involved by sending troops or starting bombing runs over Moscow or on the Russian forces fighting in Ukraine. If he tries to talk to Putin he won't get anywhere and possibly only wind him up even more, so again, what should he be doing?

The withdrawal from Afghanistan was a Trump feck up. Handled poorly granted, but Trump has to be partly responsible for that as well, you can't put it all on Joe.

America last policy is just bollocks as is the failure to unite the nation accusation too. Especially when you consider that Trump's lies and continual rhetoric, hyperbole and constant Tweeting and ranting at his rallies were more divisive than anything. His entire campaign, Presidency and reelection campaign were built on hatred and division. MAGA Republicans like Bobo, MtG and Cruz spend all day lying and Tweeting divisive bullshit.

Not forgetting the TV and cable media and social media websites only further spread lies and divisive content so blaming Biden is just weak and lazy as well as being absolute bollocks.

Biden isn't responsible for inflation either and that has gone down now so another unfair criticism against him.

Vote bank politics might be your best one yet given your choice of candidate Scamsmarmy is running an entire campaign with policy ideas he's stolen off others. He's full of things he says but will absolutely not be able to implement if he did get elected. His voting test idea being the perfect example.

It goes on and on..... Yeah, it certainly does indeed, as do you without actually addressing so many points put to you by other users on here. I would go in to further detail and address your points and accusations in order one by one but I have to go to work so I leave it in the hope that someone else will have the time to do so. Although I don't see the point because you're constantly whining about the lack of discussion and debate in your opinion, yet your actual replies just show a huge lack of understanding of many things while also showing a huge bias against Joe to the point you just blame him for shit that isn't in his control or his fault at all.

Last edited:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
@iamking I know no tax without representation isn't a law, but it was pretty much the shout that started the American revolution so the whole idea is a complete middle finger up the bum of the founding fathers. Now obviously these fathers didn't really mean it when they said all men are created equal, since they only meant white people, but they at least pretended that voting was a god given right. And that's the whole point. The right to vote is a right, it's probably the main pillar of democracy.

I can't comprehend how you can't see through the fact that this idea is populist nonsense, especially since the maga crowd he's pandering to so very clearly know absolutely nothing about civics. Hell, I'm not even an American and I am 100% certain that I know more about American history and civics than the last POTUS. And even that is fine, as long as people decide to vote for him. That's democracy, the people chose, however uninformed, misguided or ignorant they are. It's definitely not perfect (since some people vote for populist windbags), but some fat British dude once said it's the worst form of government except all the others.

Bro :)

Last edited:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
As for Biden's failed promise, I will state the most terrible ones
1. Trump inditements - using prosecution against political opponents, whether he deserved it or not the mere fact that he is the main opposition nomination demands that his charges are held till election (we are going to see many of this going forward, banana republic stuff)
2. Delay in removing Trump's Title 42 (only after the uproar from within his base was this inhuman practice stopped)
3. Failure to reform Supreme Court (No balls) - Roe v Wade happened and did nothing
4. Ukraine war - no end in sight.
5. Southern Border Crisis
6. Failure to Unite the nation (The division has only become more prominent)
7. Weak Foreign Policy (current mishandling of China), de dollarization discussed, Saudi Iran settlement without US, etc.
8. Vote Bank politics (saying populist things like giving citizenship to all illegal immigrants, Giving GC to all legal immigrants etc without any plans for doing them)
9. Housing crisis, inflation and debt
10. Afghan pull out fiasco.
11. America Last policy
12. it goes on and on...
1. Never happened. This is basically an invented lie being propagated in right wing media. Trump is solely responsible for his own legal problems.

2. Strange that you are complaining about this. Shouldn't you be praising him for not getting rid of Title 42 ?

3. Didn't have the votes.

4. Funding Ukraine is one of the best investments ever. Only Putin apologists would disagree.

5. A fair criticsim

6. Was never going to happen. The nation is divided, largely due to Donald Trump - and no one person can undo that. Its simply the new norm that everything should get accustomed to.

7. There is no current mishandling of China.. Further evidence that Biden is vastly superior to Trump among US allies in terms of foreign policy and US global soft power.

8. Where has Biden said "popullist things' ? Please be specific.

9. Inflation is down from 9 to 3% over the past 12 months

10. A decent point, although you conveniently ommited the inconvenient fact that Trump commmitted the US to pull out by negotiating with the Taliban, which left the Biden administration with limited options on a short timeline.

11. There is zero evidence for this. In fact, global perceptions of America are higher now than at any point in the past 20 years (spare the Obama/Biden terms). Russia is significantly weaker, while NATO has been reinvigorated. Any objective observer would view that as a positive compared to where things were during the good old Trump days when the US President was literally writing love letters to Kim Jun Un.

12, It actually doesn't go on and on, unless of course you're simply pasting things you read on the Fox News website and expecting non-right wing audiences to not call you out on them.

Last edited:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
1. Never happened. This is basically an invented lie being propagated in right wing media. Trump is solely responsible for his own legal problems.

2. Strange that you are complaining about this. Shouldn't you be praising him for not getting rid of Title 42 ?

4. Funding Ukraine is one of the best investments ever. Only Putin apologists would disagree.

5. A fair criticsim

6. Was never going to happen. The nation is divided, largely due to Donald Trump - and no one person can undo that. Its simply the new norm that everything should get accustomed to.

7. There is no current mishandling of China.. Further evidence that Biden is vastly superior to Trump among US allies in terms of foreign policy and US global soft power.

10. A decent point, although you conveniently ommited the inconvenient fact that Trump commmitted the US to pull out by negotiating with the Taliban, which left the Biden administration with limited options on a short timeline.

11. There is zero evidence for this. In fact, global perceptions of America are higheer now than at any point in the past 20 years (spare the Obama/Biden terms). Russia is significantly weaker, while NATO has been reinvigorated. Any objective observer would view that as a positive where where things were during the good old Trump days when the US President was writing love letters to Kim Jun Un.

12, It actually doesn't go on and on, unless of course you're simply pasting things you read on the Fox News website and expecting non-right wing audiences to not call you out on them.
Stole my thunder, now that my day is completely cancelled, I was going to answer their bullet points.

Very good post.

Suedesi

Right, a WaPo opinion piece

Unlike other presidents who are subject matter experts on everything put on the desk and can read 100 or 1000 pages of reports, analyze and understand every word and predict futures and impacts and only then proceed to sign it?
Like Obama who had the mental fortitude to assimilate all the arguments put in front of him by the foreign policy establishment and still chart his own course.
As much as people can disagree with Obama's policies, no one can accuse of not being his own man.

I don't disagree here.

I personally don't know if Biden has lost a step cognitively, or if he just appears to sometimes because he suffers from a speech impediment, which may be more difficult to control as he gets on.

Falling off a bike certainly shouldn't be a gauge of someone's fitness to lead.

Democrats have got to be honest. If Trump leaves the race and the GOP put forward a half decent, younger candidate that doesn't divide the party like Trump has, would there be more clamor for an alternative candidate?

De Santis is a terrible politician, but against Biden in a debate, I think he would wipe the floor with him.

I think many Democrats are happy with Joe because they know he only has to stay alive to defat Trump.
I don't care if he fell off a bike. Roglic and Cavendish crash all the time and they're pros.

Jokes aside, I'd like to see him campaign - when you hold debates, and do town halls, and rallies, or hold news conferences the American people can see how quick on their feet they are. Let's not forget that in 2020 he ran from his basement and in the general most people didn't vote for Biden, as much as against Trump.
Full disclosure, I'm one of them.

This is the single most important person in the world, in the single most important job. If it strains your ability, in a moment like this, to set aside partisanship and consider, 'What would you do, if it were the other side?' then you're a rube and being taken for a ride.

(Not you personally @gaffs)

Last edited:

Suedesi

No legacy building, just simple comparison can be used to define Biden's first term thus far.

The most important person in the country in some aspects has consistently been the Fed chair for years, nothing new to the Biden admin. And, the CoS has always played an outsized role with any president & wields considerable power. Again, nothing germane to this admin singularly.
So, then who cares who President is ;-)

Revan

Assumptionman

5. A fair criticsim

11. There is zero evidence for this. In fact, global perceptions of America are higheer now than at any point in the past 20 years (spare the Obama/Biden terms). Russia is significantly weaker, while NATO has been reinvigorated. Any objective observer would view that as a positive where where things were during the good old Trump days when the US President was writing love letters to Kim Jun Un.

Good post, that mostly agree.

I think the budget deficit is a ticking bomb (that the poster mentioned in the first place), and Biden deserves some criticizm there. But then, every president since Clinton has been increasing the public debt like a lunatic, with Trump doing the biggest increase (39% within 4 years).

I think the populist republicans find bad the fact that US allies like US more (point 7 rebuttal). So, if UK, Germany, France and co do not like the US, it is 'America first', otherwise it is 'America last'. Vivek is essentially advocating a policy of isolation of the US, and going only for direct short-term US interests (Putin can invade Ukraine as long as he is with the US, not China. Or China can invade Taiwan but only after the US gets semiconductor independence). Which I think it is a disaster, essentially Trump's foreign policy in steroids.

Last edited:

gaffs

Like Obama who had the mental fortitude to assimilate all the arguments put in front of him by the foreign policy establishment and still chart his own course.
As much as people can disagree with Obama's policies, no one can accuse of not being his own man.

I don't care if he fell off a bike. Roglic and Cavendish crash all the time and they're pros.

Jokes aside, I'd like to see him campaign - when you hold debates, and do town halls, and rallies, or hold news conferences the American people can see how quick on their feet they are. Let's not forget that in 2020 he ran from his basement and in the general most people didn't vote for Biden, as much against Trump.
Full disclosure, I'm one of them.

This is the single most important person in the world, in the single most important job. If it strains your ability, in a moment like this, to set aside partisanship and consider, 'What would you do if it were the other side?' then you're a rube and being taken for a ride.

(Not you personally @gaffs)
Biden basement? You're just showing you're picking up your talking points from Right Wing media. The guy did campaign town halls in early 2020, from home at the height of COVID. Would you prefer he arrange superspreader events? Trump wasn't doing rallies then. Though he was spreading COVID round the White House.

Biden will be the Democrat nominee. No one of note is going to run against him. I don't know what the qualifications are to get onto a Dem Primary Debate stage, but if its Marianne Williamson and RFK Jr, they likely won't have enough in the polls to justify even having a debate.

He will debate Trump, I'm sure, when the time comes. That if is Trump is a free man then! You will have the same choice as you had in 2020, so who you voting for then?

Only this week, Biden announced the start of negotiations to lower prices on 10 prescription drugs for Medicare. This is a winning issue that politicians have talked about for years, but non have got it done. So regardless of what people think about him, his achievements over the past 3 years stand up for themselves.

InfiniteBoredom

So, then who cares who President is ;-)
Supreme Court justices appointment.

With the breakdown of working relationship between the two parties (thanks McTurtle), the presidency’s biggest impact is influence on shaping the court. It’s not an overstatement to say Rehnquist and Roberts have had more impact on the US’s direction than any 21st century president (Bush vs Gore, Heller, Citizen United, Dobbs)

gaffs

Good post, that mostly agree.

I think the budget deficit is a ticking bomb (that the poster mentioned in the first place), and Biden deserves some criticizm there. But then, every president since Clinton has been increasing the public debt like a lunatic, with Trump doing the biggest increase (39% within 4 years).

I think the populist republicans find bad the fact that US allies like US more (point 7 rebuttal). So, if UK, Germany, France and co do not like the US, it is 'America fast', otherwise it is 'America last'. Vivek is essentially advocating a policy of isolation of the US, and going only for direct short-term US interests (Putin can invade Ukraine as long as he is with the US, not China. Or China can invade Taiwan but only after the US gets semiconductor independence). Which I think it is a disaster, essentially Trump's foreign policy in steroids.
Trump added 8 trillion to the national debt. Even Nikki Haley knows it....

(50) Fact check: Nikki Haley's claim that Trump added to the national debt (cnn.com)

Revan

Assumptionman

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
As for Trump, he did well when it came to policies and that's just my opinion. But for the pandemic, we were seeing generational economic progress under him and the way he handled China and Europe was strong. He recognized the border issue (despite dealing with in inhumanly). But he is the worst president as a person (not policy). Feeding racism, disregard for life, COVID denial, lying 24X7, normalizing misinformation and corruption, he is the biggest threat to the union since the civil war and slavery. I want his policies without his baggage.
Most of your post has already been debunked but this point bears addressing as well. Trump's economic policies amounted to little more than big tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans, starting a completely non-beneficial trade war with China over tariffs, and alienating long time US allies in Europe. The best numbers under Trump like unemployment and Dow Jones were just continuations of Obama-era trends and mostly the result of the foundation Obama's policies laid for the economy, such as Obama's focus on incentives for energy efficiency and renewable energy. Trump's massive tax cuts for the wealthy did what that policy always does - it supercharges the economy in the short term and pushes the cost downward for the long term. In short, many of the long-term weaknesses in the US economy and society such as income inequality rising, homelessness, housing crisis, cost of living increasing, and the national debt were made worse by Trump's policies in the long term even if they briefly supercharged the Dow Jones. Trump did nothing to strengthen the social safety net that would help offset these problems. Then there was the extra damage Trump caused by not taking COVID seriously and allowing it to proliferate which did more damage than it could have.

Saying you want Trump's policies is the equivalent of saying you want the rich to get richer, the income inequality gap to keep increasing, homelessness to increase, and the bottom 80% of the country to continue struggling.

Last edited:

Krakenzero

Supports
Santiago Wanderers

5. A fair criticsim

11. There is zero evidence for this. In fact, global perceptions of America are higher now than at any point in the past 20 years (spare the Obama/Biden terms). Russia is significantly weaker, while NATO has been reinvigorated. Any objective observer would view that as a positive compared to where things were during the good old Trump days when the US President was literally writing love letters to Kim Jun Un.

Excellent an as succint as possible post. I'd add that the southern border crisis has been there for a long time, and it's very difficult that one government by itself can fix it. The previous POTUS promised to do it and failed miserably.

Krakenzero

Supports
Santiago Wanderers
Well, you are quoting a GOP representative, so...

Good questions would be:
What did the investigations conclude?
Where are the indictments?
Where are the impeachments?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
A glimpse into the business prowess of the candidate @iamking admires. Just imagine what this level of excellence he would being to dealing with Putin, Xi, and Kim.

Last edited: