2024 U.S. Elections

RedDevilQuebecois

BAH GAWD! Rick Wilson really nailed the poor bastard by writing the script for the definition of electile dysfunction.:lol::lol::lol:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
A well written piece. Apparently Vivek received college assistance from none other than the American right wing's pantomime villain George Soros, then later paid a Wikipedia editor to remove his connection to Soros on his wikipage.

Last edited:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Imagine lassoing oneself politically to this charlatan & already committing to vote for him no matter what.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Imagine lassoing oneself politically to this charlatan & already committing to vote for him no matter what.
In other words, the Republican MO. Look at me: I'm a wealthy actor, oil baron, real estate mogul, big pharma financier, etc - and I became rich under dubious circumstances and over the backs of many- I am "proof" the American dream is with us - therefore vote for me.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
In other words, the Republican MO. Look at me: I'm a wealthy actor, oil baron, real estate mogul, big pharma financier, etc - and I became rich under dubious circumstances and over the backs of many- I am "proof" the American dream is with us - therefore vote for me.
To be fair, the winners of the "American Dream(TM)" have always been best described as above.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
What did DeSantis do to piss off the Republican voters?

I don't get what changed in their perception of him.

RedDevilQuebecois

What did DeSantis do to piss off the Republican voters?

I don't get what changed in their perception of him.
He's just boring and unnatural as a politician. People have also seen how his wannabe Trumpian approach while governing Florida took the state down the gutter as well. Perfect combo for a total flop if you ask me.

Last edited:

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
@iamking Dis you?

It's cosplay to him. He's not taking any of it with the seriousness it deserves. He's a deeply, deeply evil man, in the truest sense.

This Biden impeachment is such a joke. Trump appointed a special investigator about 3 years ago who has contantly been feeding back to the f*cking GOP appointed task force and they STILL don't have anything. So the next step is simply to insinuate, lie and make tweets like this one. They're all so, so pathetic as politicians. This GOP is the cancer that is ending the American democratic experiment.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Looks like Wisconsin GOP is moving ahead with impeachment inquiry against the newly elected judge, it might actually happen, ridiculous as it may be.

If they can stall for long enough there will be no new map for 24, and the people cant really vote them out due to the extreme gerrymandering in the state, so they have very little to lose from this.

Sometimes i wish dems fought as dirty as republicans, you can't play nice with these people.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Looks like Wisconsin GOP is moving ahead with impeachment inquiry against the newly elected judge, it might actually happen, ridiculous as it may be.

If they can stall for long enough there will be no new map for 24, and the people cant really vote them out due to the extreme gerrymandering in the state, so they have very little to lose from this.

Sometimes i wish dems fought as dirty as republicans, you can't play nice with these people.
It’s actually quite sinister, and if the want to they can go full evil and get back a GOP majority. WI constitution says once a SC Judge is impeached by Assembly they are immediately barred from hearing cases. If the Assembly was to impeach 2 Liberal justices, and the Senate slow walked the “trial”, there would be a 3-2 conservative majority for as long as they wanted.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
It’s actually quite sinister, and if the want to they can go full evil and get back a GOP majority. WI constitution says once a SC Judge is impeached by Assembly they are immediately barred from hearing cases. If the Assembly was to impeach 2 Liberal justices, and the Senate slow walked the “trial”, there would be a 3-2 conservative majority for as long as they wanted.
Also, you have states like Alabama who are simply ignoring the SCOTUS on redistricting, if they get away with it, dems should do the same and just ignore SCOTUS as well.

Its not ideal, but republicans may be able to keep the house through plain cheating otherwise, can't have that.

On a bright note, there will be blowback, GOP can kiss Wisconsin goodbye in 24 if they do this, they may save state seats, but the path for Trump without Wisconsin is....not good.

Last edited:

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Blake Masters might be joining in the Arizona race, doubt he will beat Lake in the primaries, but guess it will be fun watching them try to out-MAGA each other.

Both are candidates Gallego should beat, i think, doesn't matter much which one is the GOP candidate.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge

If democrat play dirty they lose vote. Just like if republican plays clean they too lose vote

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
If democrat play dirty they lose vote. Just like if republican plays clean they too lose vote
Democrats tried the high road during the Obama years, and republicans rolled right over them, so it doesn't work.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Christie was crucified for touring with Obama. The Republican base is gone.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Christie was crucified for touring with Obama. The Republican base is gone.
Was going to post this earlier.

Such a touching moment when Obama hugged Christie on the tarmac, but the right just excoriated him for it.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
DeSanctimonous knows his Trump would crucify him in ads if he showed up collaborating with Biden. A sad state of affairs in American politics (which probably needs its own folder).

Carolina Red

Staff
DeSanctimonous knows his Trump would crucify him in ads if he showed up collaborating with Biden. A sad state of affairs in American politics (which probably needs its own folder).
Now now, as someone told us earlier, it’s not Trump being the divisive factor, but the other guy.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Looks like Florida map got strucken down by the courts there, does it matter?

Heard they are sending it back to the same people who draw the illegal maps to begin with, so i guess they will just stall until its too late to produce new maps, as happened last election.

Hamnat

The judges opinion on the Alabama Gerrymander was scathing.
“We are not aware of any other case in which a state legislature — faced with a federal court order declaring that its electoral plan unlawfully dilutes minority votes and requiring a plan that provides an additional opportunity district — responded with a plan that the state concedes does not provide that district,” they continued.
Told them there was no basis in law that they can just ignore a order. And they know if they got another chance to draw it they would still not do it.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Looks like Blackburn has an opponent in the senate race, i guess.

Blackburn is not at all a serious person, but this is Tennessee, so unfortunately there won't really be a race.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord

Carolina Red

Staff
To answer Vivek’s question of “what law did he break by doing that?”

Georgia Code
Title 21 - Elections
Chapter 2 - Elections and Primaries Generally
Article 15 - Miscellaneous Offenses
§ 21-2-604. Criminal Solicitation to Commit Election Fraud; Penalties

Universal Citation: GA Code § 21-2-604 (2022)
    1. A person commits the offense of criminal solicitation to commit election fraud in the first degree when, with intent that another person engage in conduct constituting a felony under this article, he or she solicits, requests, commands, importunes, or otherwise attempts to cause the other person to engage in such conduct.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
This guy's daughter is the Governor of Arkansas, a position she got after getting plenty of exposure being a Trump bootlicker, so obviously Dad has to play along.

Yeah I know, but it's not the point is it?

Didn't Trump diss her recently? And now that Mike isn't involved in politics he seems to be transitioning in to a Evangelical George Carlin.