2024 U.S. Elections

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Hard to take him serious when he's wearing a clown suit. Huckabee is a hateful individual. For people who are like that and also super religious it makes me a wish a lot of it is a real thing so there is indeed a bouncer at the gates of Heaven that says: straight to hell with you buddy.

GiddyUp

To answer Vivek’s question of “what law did he break by doing that?”

Georgia Code
Title 21 - Elections
Chapter 2 - Elections and Primaries Generally
Article 15 - Miscellaneous Offenses
§ 21-2-604. Criminal Solicitation to Commit Election Fraud; Penalties

Universal Citation: GA Code § 21-2-604 (2022)
    1. A person commits the offense of criminal solicitation to commit election fraud in the first degree when, with intent that another person engage in conduct constituting a felony under this article, he or she solicits, requests, commands, importunes, or otherwise attempts to cause the other person to engage in such conduct.
Republicans wouldn't read past the word "Georgia".

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I just watched this. I didn’t think I could dislike Vivek more. I was wrong.

Edit: he also had another historical gaffe there at minute 24.

It’s not John James, it’s John Jay.
How dare you try to correct Vivek. We ignorant children of the Caf just need to take his word as gospel.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
:lol: Has @iamking been seen recently? Or been banned? Or just given up arguing with the brainwashed leftists of the Caf? Or just thinks he's better than everyone else and can't be arsed to waste his time anymore?

If he does return, there's a good chance he will absolutely ignore all the posts that replied to him that challenged or corrected most of what he wrote in his bullet point defense of Big Scammy V.

I'm betting he will also ignore most of the attack stories that have come out since he moved ahead of Ron The Con in the Primary polls. The ones that really don't make him look good at all. No doubt they have more too, just waiting to drop them if his popularity continued to rise.

iamking

:lol: Has @iamking been seen recently? Or been banned? Or just given up arguing with the brainwashed leftists of the Caf? Or just thinks he's better than everyone else and can't be arsed to waste his time anymore?

If he does return, there's a good chance he will absolutely ignore all the posts that replied to him that challenged or corrected most of what he wrote in his bullet point defense of Big Scammy V.

I'm betting he will also ignore most of the attack stories that have come out since he moved ahead of Ron The Con in the Primary polls. The ones that really don't make him look good at all. No doubt they have more too, just waiting to drop them if his popularity continued to rise.
Mostly those. Name calling Big Scammy V and Ron the Con etc., has a intellectual tone thats generally not suited to my tenor. Please stop tagging me, its a waste of time.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Mostly those. Name calling Big Scammy V and Ron the Con etc., has a intellectual tone thats generally not suited to my tenor. Please stop tagging me, its a waste of time.
'an intellectual tone'

Imagine trying to belittle someone's intellect but making the most simple of grammatical errors in doing so.

Won't even bring up the other mistake.

SirAF

Ageist
'an intellectual tone'

Imagine trying to belittle someone's intellect but making the most simple of grammatical errors in doing so.

Won't even bring up the other mistake.
:lol:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I just watched this. I didn’t think I could dislike Vivek more. I was wrong.

Edit: he also had another historical gaffe there at minute 24.

It’s not John James, it’s John Jay.
I doubt Vivek will be doing many more interviews with Mehdi in the future.

Mike Smalling

A Mehdi Masterclass :lol:

Man, that was difficult to watch. Just two narcissists talking over each other. The only potentially damaging thing for Vivek, in my view, was the segment about him accepting the scholarship after having criticized affirmative action, but even then he has the good sense to just say, "Well yeah, any 24 year old would take the $50,000". He is the ultimate snake oil salesman type, and flat out refuses to answer direct questions, when he knows it could be damaging - so he just answers a question that hasn't been asked.

He is a dangerous type. It's difficult to assess his end-game, but I feel fairly confident he won't be the nominee.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Man, that was difficult to watch. Just two narcissists talking over each other. The only potentially damaging thing for Vivek, in my view, was the segment about him accepting the scholarship after having criticized affirmative action, but even then he has the good sense to just say, "Well yeah, any 24 year old would take the $50,000". He is the ultimate snake oil salesman type, and flat out refuses to answer direct questions, when he knows it could be damaging - so he just answers a question that hasn't been asked.

He is a dangerous type. It's difficult to assess his end-game, but I feel fairly confident he won't be the nominee.
In fairness to Vivek, most other Republicans wouldn't go on MSNBC. The likes of DeSantis would run away in a heartbeat if offered an interview with Mehdi. Vivek apparently thinks his fast talking quackery can overcome any fact seeking interviewer, which in this instance clearly wasn't the case.

Mike Smalling

In fairness to Vivek, most other Republicans wouldn't go on MSNBC. The likes of DeSantis would run away in a heartbeat if offered an interview with Mehdi. Vivek apparently thinks his fast talking quackery can overcome any fact seeking interviewer, which in this instance clearly wasn't the case.
Yeah, Vivek’s media strategy seems to be “Be everywhere”. It may actually be a good idea, since he will likely get some points with primary voters for supposedly owning the liberal media. A leftie and a conservative would perceive that interview in vastly different ways.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
A leftie and a conservative would perceive that interview in vastly different ways.
Isn't that true for most interviews/debates now?

Hillary v Trump are the perfect examples. She absolutely destroyed him on policy, he was just rude, obnoxious, flippant and in one, a full blown bully that just stalked her the entire time. The same with Biden v Trump.

It's almost tribal now. It's like the women's world cup final, so many I know say England got robbed when in truth they were played off the park for the majority of the game. People can't seem to ever concede they lost or credit the other side for doing well.

Mike Smalling

Isn't that true for most interviews/debates now?

Hillary v Trump are the perfect examples. She absolutely destroyed him on policy, he was just rude, obnoxious, flippant and in one, a full blown bully that just stalked her the entire time. The same with Biden v Trump.

It's almost tribal now. It's like the women's world cup final, so many I know say England got robbed when in truth they were played off the park for the majority of the game. People can't seem to ever concede they lost or credit the other side for doing well.
Oh, sure. It’s extremely polarized, so that any opinion on anything is extremely predictable depending on who is giving it.

iamking

For any American voters out here.. Vivek is a once in a generation presidential candidate. An educated politician, an American first patriot, with the non-political non-vote bank, 'right' solutions that will address most of our nations current problems by addressing the heart of the issue. For Centrist like me, he is the best choice out there. I don't agree with him on some things, but he is real. It will be a big loss to not vote for him.

Don't get carried away by dishonest journalists like Mehdi Hasan who is smart enough to know that his audience is pretty dumb and will latch on to flash words and cheap quotes over facts.

I will address the artificially made controversies and outright lies in this so called interview, a shameless propaganda propagated in the name of journalism by mendacious Mehdi:

1. Vivek became rich by selling a failed Alzheimer's drug: Vivek runs a pharma company where each of his subsidiary develops a drug. The Alzheimer's subsidiary failed, but Vivek didn't sell any of his shares in this subsidiary and took a big hit on it. But he sold shares from some of his other subsidiaries that developed successful drugs and made money. Mehdi who knows his viewers are ignorant of this and then goes on to build a narrative that he sold his shares in the failed drug after hyping it (which is an outright lie) by only showing his capital gain returns despite knowing full well Vivek made his money by selling his shares from other drugs (which are now worth billions). My wife works in a biotech firm, she was laughing at Mehdi's disingenuity. He is not an idiot but plays on his viewers ignorance to drive a narrative.

2. Vivek's Alzheimer's drug failed, which means he must be an idiot: He goes on to criticize Vivek's quality as a entrepreneur by calling out that his drug failed . Most Alzheimer's drug fails. Vivek tried. Only idiots with zero understanding of the pharma world would take anything Mehdi says seriously. His points about drug passing Phase 3 is not the same as getting approval after an year is another joke. He uses this to put down Vivek's achievement. Sad thing is Mehdi knows all of this, but he is piping his ignorant viewers to the river.

3. Vanguard, Black Rock etc., are major investors in Vivek's own company while he goes around criticizing them: People must understand that most mutual fund investors use money from their customers (normal American Citizens who are interested in mutual funds) and invest them in all major publicly traded companies including Vivek's company in order to make money and Vivek has no control over this. Mehdi knows this very well, but again touts like Vivek is dishonest as if in one place he discredits these companies and then makes them a part of his company. Vivek's contention is that companies like BlackRock which are investing american consumer's money in publicly trading company are abusing their majority share holder position (obtained by investing public money) to push woke agendas without informing it to their customers. This is a valid concern which Mehdi never brings up.

4. Vivek's statement on Pence Certifying elections: Vivek is very clear that despite all the BS claims from Trump about Election Fraud, there is an underlying distrust amongst republican vote base about Election integrity that needs to be addressed. He says if he was in Pence's place as a VP, the leader of the senate, he would have put in concerted effort to push through congress laws that will ensure Election integrity and remove these doubts from conservative base once and for all. We can discuss the feasibility of this and whether his policies are voter suppression/not - such as He wants to announce National Holiday for election, Voter Id match etc. But dishonest Mehdi again reduces Vivek's words to something like "on that night of Jan 6th' I would certify the election only if voter changes are made making him sound like an idiot. And once Vivek says he didn't tell the night of Jan 6th and explains he would have done it over a period of time, Mehdi responds saying you didn't mention any dates conveniently ignoring how he brought up the same night to confuse the viewers.

5. Vivek getting a scholarship: This is elementary stuff, yet there are people who are dumb enough to buy this as an argument against Vivek.

6. Mehdi wants Vivek to openly call out Trump on his BS: Despite Vivek saying he wouldn't have made the same judgement and Trumps actions are abhorrent, The only reason Mehdi wants to bring this out is to alienate Vivek from his Maga base and Vivek didn't bite it.

Any which way I see it, Mehdi got owned in this hack job masquerading as an interview. Its not even close and I see an entirely sheepish narrative here with a lot of laughing emojis living in Lala land. If Mehdi has an ounce of shame, he would stop this 3rd rate journalism similar to most main stream journalism here from Fox to CNN. His interview with Irshad Manji was the last I saw of his shamelessness and stopped with that. The AlJazeera propagandist Mehdi has zero compunction and the kids who are hailing him here don't know anything about him.

Last edited:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
For any American voters out here.. Vivek is a once in a generation presidential candidate. An educated politician, an American first patriot, with the non-political non-vote bank, 'right' solutions that will address most of our nations current problems by addressing the heart of the issue. For Centrist like me, he is the best choice out there. I don't agree with him on some things, but he is real. It will be a big loss to not vote for him.

Don't get carried away by dishonest journalists like Mehdi Hasan who is smart enough to know that his audience is pretty dumb and will latch on to flash words and cheap quotes over facts.

I will address the artificially made controversies and outright lies in this so called interview, a shameless propaganda propagated in the name of journalism by mendacious Mehdi:

1. Vivek became rich by selling a failed Alzheimer's drug: Vivek runs a pharma company where each of his subsidiary develops a drug. The Alzheimer's subsidiary failed, but Vivek didn't sell any of his shares in this subsidiary and took a big hit on it. But he sold shares from some of his other subsidiaries that developed successful drugs and made money. Mehdi who knows his viewers are ignorant of this and then goes on to build a narrative that he sold his shares in the failed drug after hyping it (which is an outright lie) by only showing his capital gain returns despite knowing full well Vivek made his money by selling his shares from other drugs (which are now worth billions). My wife works in a biotech firm, she was laughing at Mehdi's disingenuity. He is not an idiot but plays on his viewers ignorance to drive a narrative.

2. Vivek's Alzheimer's drug failed, which means he must be an idiot: He goes on to criticize Vivek's quality as a entrepreneur by calling out that his drug failed . Most Alzheimer's drug fails. Vivek tried. Only idiots with zero understanding of the pharma world would take anything Mehdi says seriously. His points about drug passing Phase 3 is not the same getting approval after an year is another joke. He uses this to put down Vivek's achievement. Sad thing is Mehdi knows all of this, but he is piping his ignorant viewers to the river.

3. Vanguard, Black Rock etc., are major investors in Vivek's own company while he goes around criticizing them: People must understand that most mutual fund investors use money from their customers (normal American Citizens who are interested in mutual funds) and invest them in all major publicly traded companies including Vivek's company in order to make money and Vivek has no control over this. Mehdi knows this very well, but again touts like Vivek is dishonest as if in one place he discredits these companies and then makes them a part of his company.

4. Vivek's statement on Pence Certifying elections: Vivek is very clear that despite all the BS claims from Trump about Election Fraud, there is an underlying distrust amongst republican vote base about Election integrity that needs to be addressed. He says if he was in Pence's place as a VP, the leader of the senate, he would have put in concerted effort to push through congress laws that will ensure Election integrity and remove these doubts from conservative base once and for all. We can discuss the feasibility of this and whether his policies are voter suppression/not - such as He wants to announce National Holiday for election, Voter Id match etc. But dishonest Mehdi again reduces Vivek's words to something like "on that night of Jan 6th' I would certify the election only if voter changes are made making him sound like an idiot. And once Vivek says he didn't tell the night of Jan 6th and explains he would have done it over a period of time, Mehdi responds saying you didn't mention any dates conveniently ignoring how he brought up the same night to confuse the viewers.

5. Vivek getting a scholarship: This is elementary stuff, yet there are people who are dumb enough to buy this as an argument against Vivek.

6. Mehdi wants Vivek to openly call out Trump on his BS: Despite Vivek saying he wouldn't have made the same judgement and Trumps actions are abhorrent, The only reason Mehdi wants to bring this out is to alienate Vivek from his Maga base and Vivek didn't bite it.

Any which way I see it, Mehdi got owned in this hack job masquerading as an interview. Its not even close and I see an entirely sheepish narrative here with a lot of laughing emojis living in Lala land. If Mehdi has an ounce of shame, he would stop this 3rd rate journalism similar to most main stream journalism here from Fox to CNN. His interview with Irshad Manji was the last I saw of his shamelessness and stopped with that. The AlJazeera propagandist Mehdi has zero compunction and the kids who are hailing him here don't know anything about him.
All you're doing here is regurgitating Vivek's own talking points. The Soros bit (#5) is particularly hilarious given that he went to such extraordinary lengths to conceal it because he knew right wingers would recoil in horror if it was revealed their pantomime villain funded their new candidate. As for #6 - Vivek has nothing but nice things to say about Trump in an election that Trump is going to be the nominee for. If Vivek thinks such nice things about one of his opponents for the same job then why doesn't he quit the race and endorse him. He's clearly bootlicking for VP consideration, which let's face it, is what this grift is all about. He's little more than a Beavis and Butthead, ChatGPT inspired version of Kari Lake.

iamking

All you're doing here is regurgitating Vivek's own talking points. The Soros bit (#5) is particularly hilarious given that he went to such extraordinary lengths to conceal it because he knew right wingers would recoil in horror if it was revealed their pantomime villain funded their new candidate. As for #6 - Vivek has nothing but nice things to say about Trump in an election that Trump is going to be the nominee for. If Vivek thinks such nice things about one of his opponents for the same job then why doesn't he quit the race and endorse him. He's clearly bootlicking for VP consideration, which let's face it, is what this grift is all about.
So you agree 4 out of 6 talking points are clearly Mehdi's dishonesty? Then how did he end up owning Vivek as many posters like you are claiming?

The dishonest media is calling it only as 'Soros' scholarship to spread false narratives to right wing base when in fact it was George Soros brother Paul Soros who independently made his wealth decided to give private merit based scholarship for immigrants kids with academic excellence to help them reach their goals. How's Vivek taking it 20 years back has anything to do with this election is beyond me. Mehdi showed that Vivek made 400k the previous year and so should not be taking that 50K scholarship. Is this some kinda joke? Would anybody not take a 50K scholarship you richly deserve for your academic excellence just because you made 400K that year? Its not an economic scholarship that Vivek somehow cheated by showing the wrong funds and gained an advantage. Mehdi is trying to project that a private merit based academic scholarship is somehow the same as affirmative action in this country just because it has the immigrant criteria in it and people are buying this crap. Vivek is against affirmative action that does not include "Merit" in it, no free stuff to continue the malaise. What's the controversy here?

You may have strong opinions of Vivek running for VP, But I disagree. I feel Vivek recognizes a chance. That there are majority conservative voters who want Trumps policy without any of his baggage and he is projecting himself as that guy. Also centrist like me want to vote for an educated smart non-demagogic young individual and Vivek ticks all the boxes. So there you go! thats 6 out 6 points beating Mehdi's propoganda.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
So you agree 4 out of 6 talking points are clearly Mehdi's dishonesty? Then how did he end up owning Vivek as many posters like you are claiming?

The dishonest media is calling it only as 'Soros' scholarship to spread false narratives to right wing base when in fact it was George Soros brother Paul Soros who independently made his wealth decided to give private merit based scholarship for immigrants kids with academic excellence to help them reach their goals. How's Vivek taking it 20 years back has anything to do with this election is beyond me. Mehdi showed that Vivek made 400k the previous year and so should not be taking that 50K scholarship. Is this some kinda joke? Would anybody not take a 50K scholarship you richly deserve for your academic excellence just because you made 400K that year? Its not an economic scholarship that Vivek somehow cheated by showing the wrong funds and gained an advantage. Mehdi is trying to project that a private merit based academic scholarship is somehow the same as affirmative action in this country just because it has the immigrant criteria in it and people are buying this crap. Vivek is against affirmative action that does not include "Merit" in it, no free stuff to continue the malaise. What's the controversy here?

You may have strong opinions of Vivek running for VP, But I disagree. I feel Vivek recognizes a chance. That there are majority conservative voters who want Trumps policy without any of his baggage and he is projecting himself as that guy. Also centrist like me want to vote for an educated smart non-demagogic young individual and Vivek ticks all the boxes. So there you go! thats 6 out 6 points beating Mehdi's propoganda.
Predictably wrong on all counts.
He was quite correct to probe into Vivek’s past given that he has no government experience and is asking the public to give him the most powerful position on the planet. Therefore the Soros connection, his verbal gymnastics about his drug company , and everything else asked during the interview were perfectly fair play, particularly as they had already been covered by other media outlets in the preceding weeks.

iamking

Predictably wrong on all counts.
He was quite correct to probe into Vivek’s past given that he has no government experience and is asking the public to give him the most powerful position on the planet. Therefore the Soros connection, his verbal gymnastics about his drug company , and everything else asked during the interview were perfectly fair play, particularly as they had already been covered by other media outlets in the preceding weeks.
I have explained in detail how Mehdi was dishonest instead of just replying "Wrong on all counts" following up with non-substantive reasoning. I will rest my case here.

InfiniteBoredom

Ah yes, the Texan centrist who thinks Biden is the most divisive president ever, praises Trump’s policies and openly advocates for a Republican fantasy about raising the voting age.

Imagine simping for a phony who made his fortune defrauding people, who will inevitably in a year start hawking book tours/speaking engagements or some revolutionary new business venture off this ‘presidential run’.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Also centrist like me want to vote for an educated smart non-demagogic young individual and Vivek ticks all the boxes. So there you go! thats 6 out 6 points beating Mehdi's propoganda.
:lol:
Nothing centrist about Vivek.
Clinton was center right, so what does that make Vivek? Certainly not more to the center.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I have explained in detail how Mehdi was dishonest instead of just replying "Wrong on all counts" following up with non-substantive reasoning. I will rest my case here.
It’s been explained to you that Mehdi’s questions were not only all legit, but it would’ve been journalistic malpractice to not ask them given Vivek’s lack of qualifications.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
This doesn't even make sense. The only reason Republican voters "distrust" the elections is because Trump was shouting for months before the election that the only way he could lose is if Democrats committed fraud. There is no "despite". The only reason for any "distrust" is precisely as a result of Trump's BS claims. Because all this distrust is only from the MAGA fanatics who listened to Trump's BS claims, the only thing that needs to be addressed is continually pointing out there was zero election fraud and that Trump never produced any evidence for his claims.

Anyone familiar with politics knows that Vivek's claims about what he would have done are just standard GOP attempts to reduce the ability of Democrat-leaning populations to be able to vote.

iamking

It’s been explained to you that Mehdi’s questions were not only all legit, but it would’ve been journalistic malpractice to not ask them given Vivek’s lack of qualifications.
For which I explained your reply lacks substance. The only malpractice is from Mehdi and I have explained in detail. He was not checking Vivek for his qualification, he was spreading his own cuckoo story to his ignorant viewers. He was doing ' journalistic malpractice' as you so aptly put it.

This doesn't even make sense. The only reason Republican voters "distrust" the elections is because Trump was shouting for months before the election that the only way he could lose is if Democrats committed fraud. There is no "despite". The only reason for any "distrust" is precisely as a result of Trump's BS claims. Because all this distrust is only from the MAGA fanatics who listened to Trump's BS claims, the only thing that needs to be addressed is continually pointing out there was zero election fraud and that Trump never produced any evidence for his claims.

Anyone familiar with politics knows that Vivek's claims about what he would have done are just standard GOP attempts to reduce the ability of Democrat-leaning populations to be able to vote.
This is patently not true. Election integrity questions have always been around. More prominent as recently as 2016. I am sure if Republicans win next election, democrats will cry about integrity like foreign collusion etc and vice versa about voter id etc for republican voters. because obviously both sides have some concerns regarding election integrity which is been exploited by bad faith actors like Trump. Vivek wants to address it and put it to rest.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
For which I explained your reply lacks substance. The only malpractice is from Mehdi and I have explained in detail. He was not checking Vivek for his qualification, he was spreading his own cuckoo story to his ignorant viewers. He was doing ' journalistic malpractice' as you so aptly put it.

This is patently not true. Election integrity questions have always been around. More prominent as recently as 2016. I am sure if Republicans win next election, democrats will cry about integrity like foreign collusion etc and vice versa about voter id etc for republican voters. because obviously both sides have some concerns regarding election integrity which is been exploited by bad faith actors like Trump. Vivek wants to address it and put it to rest.
You’re funny. Why waste your time with this? No one agrees and it’s delusional.