g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

2024 UEFA Champions League final — Borussia Dortmund vs Real Madrid — Wembley, Sat 1 June 20:00 BST

Red Star One

Third time for Borussia Dortmund to feature in the CL final - won in 1997, lost in 2013.
Eighteenth time for Real Madrid to reach the CL final - won in 1956, 1957, 1958, 1959, 1960, 1966, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022, lost in 1962, 1964, 1981.

Kroos could win his record 6th CL title (no other player achieved that), Ancelotti going for the record 5th CL title as the manager.
Madrid won 8 out of 8 last Champions League finals they featured in and they will be huge favourites again.

Who wins at Wembley?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Bellingham's story arc is crazy. First season in Madrid, wins the league and gets to the CL final where he has to face Dortmund.

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
Dortmund will win it easily. I just hope RM does not lose by a big margin.

tomaldinho1

Going for a Dortmund win, they will sit in and Sancho will score a bicycle kick winner from outside the box. The camera will cut to ETH in the stands, visibly angry and flipping the bird and, before you know it, Sancho is into the stands like Eric Dier at Spurs. The crowd parts like Sancho is Moses and the two finally meet, able to settle their differences once and for all. But, wait, what's this, Sancho is kissing Erik, the audio picks up a few teary 'I'm sorry, heh, I'm sorry'. They they were lovers all along and lift the trophy together.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Going for a Dortmund win, they will sit in and Sancho will score a bicycle kick winner from outside the box. The camera will cut to ETH in the stands, visibly angry and flipping the bird and, before you know it, Sancho is into the stands like Eric Dier at Spurs. The crowd parts like Sancho is Moses and the two finally meet, able to settle their differences once and for all. But, wait, what's this, Sancho is kissing Erik, the audio picks up a few teary 'I'm sorry, heh, I'm sorry'. They they were lovers all along and lift the trophy together.
Sancho dribbles past 8 Real Madrid players, rounds the keeper and then...

GLASS SMASH

Stone Cold's music starts playing

Ten Hag runs out of the Wembley tunnel and starts attacking Sancho with a steel chair

tomaldinho1

Sancho dribbles past 8 Real Madrid players, rounds the keeper and then...

GLASS SMASH

Stone Cold's music starts playing

Ten Hag runs out of the Wembley tunnel and starts attacking Sancho with a steel chair
"That's it. He's dead!"

Joel Miller

Bit of a rubbish final in the end. It’ll be a cake walk for Real. Even if Dortmund were to get in front it wouldn’t be long before Madrid were getting some bogus decision to help them out.

But given Dortmund got their by the skin off their teeth against PSG and are 5th in the Bundesliga, I think it’ll be a formality for Real Madrid.

Red Star One

Bit of a rubbish final in the end. It’ll be a cake walk for Real. Even if Dortmund were to get in front it wouldn’t be long before Madrid were getting some bogus decision to help them out.

But given Dortmund got their by the skin off their teeth against PSG and are 5th in the Bundesliga, I think it’ll be a formality for Real Madrid.
I wouldn't go this far, they won both the home and away legs against them and didn't lose a goal in the tie. It's not by the skin off their teeth in my books. They also topped their "group of death" and got past solid Atletico in the QFs. They've been really good in the CL this season - although I also think it will be a formality for Madrid.

Marvin look out

No City or PSG in the final. Sancho and Sabitzer on the pitch. Bellingham playing against his former club. Reus's last game for Dortmund. Modric's last game for Madrid. Fullkrug and Joselu in a CL final.

There's a lot to like in this final.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen

Don't underestimate the tactical genius that is Edin Terzic

Winrar

Although I do believe Madrid will win their 15th, I don’t think it’ll be as comfortable for them as many think.

Under the radar, Dortmund has been quite solid in the CL. Topped the group of death and got past a good Atletico side (only team to beat Real Madrid this season) and dispatched PSG without too much fuss in the semis.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Without wishing to belittle Borussia and their fantastic tournament, they are a fantastic opponent for Madrid.
It will be very difficult, their fans are going to be very close and they are going to run and be intense, however I think they lack the Kane/Mbappe/Haaland/Griezmann type.
A super crack that makes you play a bad game and win with a chance.
I think they will need more than one chance to score, and if they do, I think we have the ability to draw and not lose in 90 minutes.

Last edited:

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
After what we did with Liverpool and City(several times)I hope and expect your full support for the final. I guess you won't be so Judas as to let us down.
Just kidding! know you're going to go with the underdog and you'll be pissed off when we win unfairly, but we forgive you :D

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Seems extremely hard to predict this one but I think Dortmund will crack and the likes of Kroos and Modric and their vast experience will make the difference one final time. 2-0 Real.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Don't underestimate the tactical genius that is Edin Terzic
Kane goes to Germany for some guaranteed trophies, only to see Leverkusen go unbeaten and win the title and Dortmund win the CL. Ouch :lol:

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
I hope United fans support Real Madrid. In fact I expect all English fans except City fans to support Madrid. We are the team that stopped City from back to back trebles.

Winrar

I hope United fans support Real Madrid. In fact I expect all English fans except City fans to support Madrid. We are the team that stopped City from back to back trebles.
I imagine Liverpool fans would be supporting Dortmund as well.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
One more farmyard to plough

Farmer only. com

always_hoping

Champions League winners (1993 to present) and where they finished that season in their own domestic league

2023 - Man City 1st
2022 - Real Madrid 1st
2021 - Chelsea 4th
2020 - Bayern Munich 1st
2019 - Liverpool 2nd
2018 - Real Madrid 3rd
2017 - Real Madrid 1st
2016 - Real Madrid 2nd
2015 - Barcelona 1st
2014 - Real Madrid 3rd
2013 - Bayern Munich 1st
2012 - Chelsea 6th
2011 - Barcelona 1st
2010 - Inter Milan 1st
2009 - Barcelona 1st
2008 - Man United 1st
2007 - AC Milan 4th
2006 - Barcelona 1st
2005 - Liverpool 5th
2004 - Porto 1st
2003 - AC Milan 3rd
2002 - Real Madrid 3rd
2001 - Bayern Munich 1st
2000 - Real Madrid 5th
1999 - Man United 1st
1998 - Real Madrid 4th
1997 - Dortmund 3rd
1996 - Juventus 2nd*
1995 - Ajax 1st
1994 - AC Milan 1st
1993 - Marseille 1st (title revoked)

For the record Real Madrid currently 1st in La Liga and will finish 1st. Dortmund 5th in the Bundesliga and where they should finish.

* Thanks for the correction giorno

Last edited:

ColvaleGoa

Netflix are in the stands ,, filming it all along!

UTD_Since_1978

Weeks ago I booked this day off from work as I was due to start work at 7pm & trying to avoid the result would be virtually impossible & now I ain't that much interested in it as I think Madrid will win with ease, they had a fright against Bayern but still managed to get through, they won't make the same mistake twice, probably 2 or 3 up by the 60 minute mark.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Without wishing to belittle Borussia and their fantastic tournament, they are a fantastic opponent for Madrid.
It will be very difficult, their fans are going to be very close and they are going to run and be intense, however I think they lack the Kane/Mbappe/Haaland/Griezmann type.
A super crack that makes you play a bad game and win with a chance.
I think they will need more than one chance to score, and if they do, I think we have the ability to draw and not lose in 90 minutes.
If you are allowed to rely on Joselu to decide matches like yesterday than you have to count Füllkrug, they are essentially the same :lol:

BorisManUtd

There have been some CL finals where one team was just too good for other team to cope with it - 2011, 2015, 2017. 3-1 for Madrid is something I'd expect, given their experience and pedigree in CL. But who knows, Inter were perhaps even better than City last year and could've won it. It's biggest game for Dortmund over last decade and on of 3 biggest ever probably with 1997 and 2013 finals.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
When was the last time Madrid lost a Euro final? Mid 80’s?

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
More chance of Sancho flying to New York before the game than him doing anything remotely impactful in the game.