21/22 Fixture List Released

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Surprised no thread about this. Not as big news or as exciting as usual, probably because the past season has been so fecking draining for all (especially with the super league bullshit that I'm still salty about) and a nice break from club football was needed, and the euros are fun, but anyway.
October, November, March and April look painful. Christmas period and the start of the season don't look bad at all, but can see a big struggle with that bulk of tough games in October/November especially.

AUGUST

14 Leeds United (H)
21 Southampton (A)
28 Wolves (A)

SEPTEMBER

11 Newcastle United (H)
18 West Ham United (A)
25 Aston Villa (H)

OCTOBER

2 Everton (H)
16 Leicester City (A)
23 Liverpool (H)
30 Tottenham Hotspur (A)

NOVEMBER

6 Manchester City (H)
20 Watford (A)
27 Chelsea (A)
30 Arsenal (H)

DECEMBER

4 Crystal Palace (H)
11 Norwich City (A)
14 Brentford (A)
18 Brighton (H)
26 Newcastle United (A)
28 Burnley (H)

JANUARY

1 Wolves (H)
15 Aston Villa (A)
22 West Ham United (H)

FEBRUARY

8 Burnley (A)
12 Southampton (H)
19 Leeds United (A)
26 Watford (H)

MARCH

5 Manchester City (A)
12 Tottenham Hotspur (H)
19 Liverpool (A)

APRIL

2 Leicester City (H)
9 Everton (A)
16 Norwich City (H)
23 Arsenal (A)
30 Brentford (H)

MAY

7 Brighton (A)
15 Chelsea (H)
22 Crystal Palace (A)

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
October and November look even worse when you factor in that we'll have the CL as well around then.
Yep. Will go a long way to saying if we are a title challenger to a cup team who finishes top 4 again.

Irwin99

March/April don't look very nice either. Building some momentum from the first games will be important for the fixtures in October/November.

Rojofiam

We're gonna lift the title vs Chelsea at home on May 15, gonna be a great day :devil:

rotherham_red

Surprised no thread about this. Not as big news or as exciting as usual, probably because the past season has been so fecking draining for all (especially with the super league bullshit that I'm still salty about) and a nice break from club football was needed, and the euros are fun, but anyway.
October, November, March and April look painful. Christmas period and the start of the season don't look bad at all, but can see a big struggle with that bulk of tough games in October/November especially.
Is it all that different to when we had that supposed horror run last October-November which was supposed to end Solskjaer's reign, or the December before that when we played Spurs and City back to back and beat them?

Add in the increased likelihood of us having an easier CL group this time round as well, I think we'll navigate that tricky period better than most are suspecting IMO.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Is it all that different to when we had that supposed horror run last October-November which was supposed to end Solskjaer's reign, or the December before that when we played Spurs and City back to back and beat them?

Add in the increased likelihood of us having an easier CL group this time round as well, I think we'll navigate that tricky period better than most are suspecting IMO.
I think this is much tougher, can't remember when we had to play what is arguably the 6 strongest teams in the PL in the span of 7 games before.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Two very tough run of games in that list. Our start is going to very important based on that list. Win the games we should be winning there, and then hope we have built enough momentum to carry on.

fergosaurus

The run of games below looks to be the toughest I can remember for a long time.

18 West Ham United (A)
25 Aston Villa (H)

OCTOBER

2 Everton (H)
16 Leicester City (A)
23 Liverpool (H)
30 Tottenham Hotspur (A)

NOVEMBER

6 Manchester City (H)
20 Watford (A)
27 Chelsea (A)
30 Arsenal (H)

rotherham_red

I think this is much tougher, can't remember when we had to play what is arguably the 6 strongest teams in the PL in the span of 7 games before.
I don't think Spurs and Arsenal are going to be posing much of a threat to us in their current states. One of them doesn't have a manager and the other is hamstrung by poor players and arguably a poorer manager. If we consider each game on its individual merits then it's 4 tough games in 10. It's a challenge but nothing too onerous.

When I see fixture lists, the importance is at the start of the season and at the end.

we have a good start, first 5-6 games should give us some good momentum. Not a bad finish to the season either.

crucial we get a decent pre-season and set ourselves up to start the season well n

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Squad depth is going to be severely tested around October/November, especially if players come back from Euros needing rest.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Revision to the first 3 games

Sat 14 Aug: Leeds (H) 12:30 BST, live on BT Sport
Sun 22 Aug: Southampton (A) 14:00 BST, live on Sky Sports
Sun 29 Aug: Wolves (A) 16:30 BST, live on Sky Sports

Pavl3n

Wow. That October/November schedule is just horrible. Factor in that is right after an international break and it's even worse.
Not sure if true, but it feels as if the international break always takes away from our momentum.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
So we will lift the trophy after playing Chelsea.

big rons sovereign

We have to play every team in the league twice.
Ffs, this wouldn't have happened if we'd got Tuchel. Ole out.

thebirminghamred

Yeah October and November looks like a rough month. However, if we can navigate safely through that period, December and January look very winnable.