Film 28 Years Later

Chumpsbechumps

[emboldened by his new found comrade, Plant0x goes on the offensive once more…] How is this entertaining? Minus the monkeys it’s basically the last 4 years. We’ve lived it in real time. :lol:
I guess people fighting over toilet roll is a comparable metaphor for people killing people.

If you were in the original 28 days movie, you’d be major Henry West.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
He'd be one of the zombies, having called the zombie virus fake news perpetrated by the wokes.
Yes, like I was one of the zombies that mindlessly followed AI Sheikh in a quest for petro dollars, or one of the zombies who want the manager sacked.
Im not being ‘contrarian’. It’s called independent thinking. :p

Withnail

Armageddon is a shit yet somewhat enjoyable blockbuster. Deep Impact is a more interesting film.
...but also a bit shit?

Your post is pretty much what I'd heard but they're the type of movies I'd watch if a mate put it on or if I happened to catch the start on TV and that just never happened in either case.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
...but also a bit shit?

Your post is pretty much what I'd heard but they're the type of movies I'd watch if a mate put it on or if I happened to catch the start on TV and that just never happened in either case.
Nah I actually think Deep Impact is decent, but it might be my memory playing tricks.
Nostalgic comfort food

Hey don't hate me the film was pretty mid. Sunshine is infinitely better
Sunshine is great but also hard to compare them. 28 days is a great film in its own right.

Chumpsbechumps

I've never seen Deep Impact or Armageddon.

Aren't they both just formulaic blockbuster type nonsense?
Bruce Willis , plays an oil driller who has never missed a depth , is hired by NASA to go into space, gets a few days training to drill a hole in the asteroid and blow it up. In between hilarity and fun ensues.

There’s a fat guy who’s funny and likes donuts. A gambling addict who lost his family. A funny black guy. A crazy Russian. A love triangle of sorts. It’s set in Earth, space and an asteroid. Has a banging anthem. It’s got pretty much everything that could possibly be fit into a movie except aliens. But we could say the asteroid is a metaphor for aliens as it’s alien to earth…

I mean , if you could taste the movie , it would be popcorn flavour with a side of cheesy fries. It’s not the godfather or some high brow foreign movie with subtitles but it’s not meant to be.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Am I right in saying that 28 days later;

Had an absolutely iconic opening scene
Was one of the first films to do running zombies

It's a cult classic film

Chumpsbechumps

Deep Impact is decent. It's also vastly more scientifically accurate, which... you know, that's a thing, I guess.
A guy gets on a bike , somehow finds his girlfriend in an insane traffic jam that he could have no idea she was there and he outruns a massive Tsunami. What makes it worse is that this was a movie that did take itself way more seriously then Armageddon.

You can’t go to see Armageddon and judge it on its scientific accuracy. Come on…

rcoobc

Bruce Willis , plays an oil driller who has never missed a depth , is hired by NASA to go into space, gets a few days training to drill a hole in the asteroid and blow it up. In between hilarity and fun ensues
The premise of that seriously says what the film is going to be. Great film. Great soundtrack. Terrible physics. Brilliant

nimic

something nice
Scout
A guy gets on a bike , somehow finds his girlfriend in an insane traffic jam that he could have no idea she was there and he outruns a massive Tsunami. What makes it worse is that this was a movie that did take itself way more seriously then Armageddon.

You can’t go to see Armageddon and judge it on its scientific accuracy. Come on…
None of what you said really has anything to do with scientific accuracy.

In any case, I don't really judge Armageddon on its scientific accuracy. I just don't think it's any good.

Wing Attack Plan R

Ah god, really? Why?! The first one was terrible.
I watched this and 1-hour photo back to back with mates back in the day - worst most boring 4hrs of my life. Gaaaaaaah!
Disappointing, Plant.
28 Days later is unreal. Godspeedyoublackemporer are such a great band. The music is so unsettling and epic at the same time.
F# A# (infinity) is amazing, Yanqui UXO, so many great albums.
Qft

Can never have too many zombie flicks. Unless it's I am Legend.
This one is definitely the exception to the rule.
Nah I actually think Deep Impact is decent, but it might be my memory playing tricks.

Sunshine is great but also hard to compare them. 28 days is a great film in its own right.
That's the one with Jenna Jameson, right?

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I've never seen Deep Impact or Armageddon.

Aren't they both just formulaic blockbuster type nonsense?
Yes. But Armageddon is so hilariously dumb and at the same fun, that is is hard not to enjoy it.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
The premise of that seriously says what the film is going to be. Great film. Great soundtrack. Terrible physics. Brilliant
A girlfriend I had at uni filled an entire 90 minute tape with that bastard Aerosmith song. She'd play it over and over until I snapped.

pauldyson1uk

Ah god, really? Why?! The first one was terrible.
I watched this and 1-hour photo back to back with mates back in the day - worst most boring 4hrs of my life. Gaaaaaaah!
I thought the first one was good, for me it worked, good eerie music, the opening deserted scenes in London. It had its faults but overall one of the best zombie films I have seen.
28 Weeks later was dreadful, the decent cast deserved a better film, but has sequels go, its sort of worked.
One Hour Photo, I thought was one of Robin's best films, a very good creepy thriller

Last edited:

rcoobc

A girlfriend I had at uni filled an entire 90 minute tape with that bastard Aerosmith song. She'd play it over and over until I snapped.
Whatever you're into mate :lol:

rcoobc

I thought the first one was good, for me it worked, good eerie music, the opening deserted scenes in London. It had its faults but overall one of the best zombie films I have seen.
28 Weeks later was dreadful, the decent cast deserved a better film, but has sequels go, its sort of worked.
One Hour Photo, I thought was one of Robin's best films, a very good creepy thriller
Whaaat!!! It's not as good as the original, it looses a lot of what made the original so good (it has a bigger budget, better cameras, etc)

But still a good film. It has fewer iconic moments though, mainly the opening scenes.

Tarrou

I liked that the zombies were actually a threat as opposed to the Romero style where-by the zombies are so slow the characters have to make a bunch of dumb decisions to get bitten

the second one got pretty boring though

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
The opening scene of 28 Weeks was great but the rest of the film was trash. The first one is great and basically reinvented the genre.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Aerosmith doing a Bryan Adams impression. On permanent repeat would probably try the patience even of a fanatical Aerosmith fan.