3 Players needed in January.

Bestietom

I think if we could bring in 3 players in January it could save our season, and prepare us better for good start to next season. What 3 players would you like to see come in. Mine would be;-

Savic, Skriniar, and Chiesa.

Johan07

3 young fairly unproven players for 200m combined, in January, it’s not what we need, in my opinion.
Yeah. And 200m will not even be enough. There is no way any of their three clubs let any of those players go in January.
If we are playing fantasy football I would take Messi, Busquets and Ramos. Please.

Xaviboy

Let's see how the next 6 games pan out before we give Jose a transfer budget to spend again.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
DDG
Valencia - Smalling - Granquist - Young
Matic - Fellaini
Willian - Zlatan - Alexis
Lukaku​

:drool:

Bestietom

Even if Mourinho were to be sacked before January, we need players for some areas. I know it is hard to get players in January but if we are looking now, it can happen.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Players like this simply don’t get sold in January.

January is a time for buying cheap young talents who aren’t well known, squad players, or established players who are very disgruntled with their current situation.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Chiesa and their CB, Milenkovic would by ideal. I see no point in buying someone like Savic.

Eric's Seagull

mate, if you don't think that we will bring players here in January you are one of the only ones.
I am sorry but I am one of the ones who don't think any players will be coming in January, as I think the board have lost faith in Jose' judgement in the transfer market and they should have backe him in the summer and we may not be in this mess at the moment. My opinion is no-one will be coming for a fee, I feel we might bring in a loan to cover centre defense or recall Axel or Fosuh Mensah.

But hypothetically speaking if the players were available I would go for an experienced defender someone of the ilk of Alderweireld , Tanguy N'Dombele and a right winger deliver a decent cross.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Alderweireld is the only possibility I can think of - Spurs might be tempted to get some cash for him.

Smores

Even if Mourinho were to be sacked before January, we need players for some areas. I know it is hard to get players in January but if we are looking now, it can happen.
I agree with ya. The club should know whether targers are viable or not irrespective of the manager especially in positions like CB.

The only circumstance where we won't try to get anyone in is if the club actually think we're sorted in every position but poorly managed. That seems unlikely. They'll invest to try and secure the CL place.

IrishMcD

De Ligt, Chiesa, N'Dombele. Never gonna happen but those are the type of signings i wish we made, young and serious potential. Honestly though, De Ligt and anyone else and I'll be happy.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
RW and CB should do fine. But Woodward only fancies Varane for £100m so that's not gonna happen.

ROFLUTION

Alderweireld or Maguire the most realistic options who'd work under a new manager too.

But I think Mou will be gone before the window opens.

Devil may care

Alderweireld and Pulisic enter the last year of their contracts next summer so they are the only two in positions we need that I could see being even remotely possible in January.

LuckyScout78

In my dreamworld and if i was United manager.

Buy Kalidou Koulibaly in January - around 60-70 £ mill

Buy Frenkie De Jong in January, but let him play out the season with Ajax. Buy him in January to get him before other clubs get him. Let him play out the season, because Ajax might to keep him to win silwerware. So im willing to let him play out the season there, if i could get and sign him. Price. Im willing to pay all from 100 - 150 £ mill

In summer i would go for:
Jadon Sancho from Dortmund - 50-60 £ mill
Axel Witsel from Dortmund - around 30 - 40 £ mill
De Ligt from Ajax - around 60-70 £ mill

Dream team line up in 433 formation

De Gea - Dalot - De Ligt - Koulibaly - Shaw + Jong - Witsel - Pogba + Sancho - Rashford - Martial.

In defensive without the ball. 433 turn out to be 451.

Sancho - Jong - Witsel - Pogba - Martial + Rashford

And only If, without Pogba. I would drop 433, then go for 442.

De Gea - Dalot - De Ligt - Koulibaly - Shaw + Sancho - Witsel - Jong - Martial + Lukaku - Rashford. Witsel as nr.6 deep laying dcm and Jong as the nr.8

Sum up. Those 5 are my transfer dream wishlist. Only in a dream i would get all those 5. But you never know what will happen until you try. Frenkie De Jong is a must buy, its no doubt about it. I know what i will get in him, a true natural talent of a cm playmaker. Imagine having Jong, Sancho and Rashford in the starting line up?Exciting time to follow in the transfer window in the future. Where next clubs to Jong, De Ligt and Sancho are. 3 really big future talents.

Bocca9978

3 is not enough anymore. Mourinho first and the new manager can start to freshen things up with new players.
We need a new spine to the team. Centre back, central midfielder and attacker.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
If Mourinho stays he'll most likely oppose signing players in January as an vocal anti supporter of singing anyone in that period.

Would be happy with just one proper defender who would gel this current mess but we need far more than that sadly.

Last edited:

Mcking

We need a holding midfielder more than anything. We should go all out for Frenkie De Jong. Get a center back an attacker and a Leftback over the two transfer windows. A manager too.

Johan07

In my dreamworld and if i was United manager.

Buy Kalidou Koulibaly in January - around 60-70 £ mill

Buy Frenkie De Jong in January, but let him play out the season with Ajax. Buy him in January to get him before other clubs get him. Let him play out the season, because Ajax might to keep him to win silwerware. So im willing to let him play out the season there, if i could get and sign him. Price. Im willing to pay all from 100 - 150 £ mill

In summer i would go for:
Jadon Sancho from Dortmund - 50-60 £ mill
Axel Witsel from Dortmund - around 30 - 40 £ mill
De Ligt from Ajax - around 60-70 £ mill

Dream team line up in 433 formation

De Gea - Dalot - De Ligt - Koulibaly - Shaw + Jong - Witsel - Pogba + Sancho - Rashford - Martial.

In defensive without the ball. 433 turn out to be 451.

Sancho - Jong - Witsel - Pogba - Martial + Rashford

And only If, without Pogba. I would drop 433, then go for 442.

De Gea - Dalot - De Ligt - Koulibaly - Shaw + Sancho - Witsel - Jong - Martial + Lukaku - Rashford. Witsel as nr.6 deep laying dcm and Jong as the nr.8

Sum up. Those 5 are my transfer dream wishlist. Only in a dream i would get all those 5. But you never know what will happen until you try. Frenkie De Jong is a must buy, its no doubt about it. I know what i will get in him, a true natural talent of a cm playmaker. Imagine having Jong, Sancho and Rashford in the starting line up?Exciting time to follow in the transfer window in the future. Where next clubs to Jong, De Ligt and Sancho are. 3 really big future talents.
To your credit you started your post with "If I was United manager" because that will never happen under Mourinho. That midfield and Rashford as his #9? Never-ever.
Its an interesting team under another manager though, even if you severely underestimate the transfer values of all those players. Napoli declined an even larger offer for Koulibaly last summer according to their president for example. And they need to want to join as well, another "small" hurdle.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
mate, if you don't think that we will bring players here in January you are one of the only ones.
I doubt that we'll be getting any players in January.

We desperately needed players in the Summer and Woodward decided that he needed to save money, to meet his financial/business targets. I don't see what will change in January.
Woodward made it clear in the Summer that he is looking to buy a Galactico class player and spend big. He isn't interested in players who Jose has identified, to improve our team on the pitch.
We could've had Perisic. we could've had Toby A, but Woodward felt that our current players are better than those 2.

I predict that Woodward will go on holiday once the transfer window opens and he'll return after it has closed.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Alderweireld or Maguire the most realistic options who'd work under a new manager too.

But I think Mou will be gone before the window opens.
People have been predicted that Jose will get sacked, after every single match.
The truth is that Woodward wants to save money when the sacking takes place, so he will only do that if we fail to (mathematically) make top 4. The same was true for Moyes and LVG.
To predict Woodward's moves, you need to think only about the money. Whichever action will save him some money, will be the action that he takes.

buckooo1978

will Jose be at the club in January? it wouldn't make any sense to fire tens of millions on a player the next Manager or DoF doesn't want

Johan07

If Bayern continues to suck this season and maybe even trip themselves out of the CL at the group stages; I would take a real punt on Lewandowski in January. It would be extremely shortsighted but he would improve this Mourinho team at once.
We are probably not going to be in for a shout for any trophies come christmas anyways though, and if so its just better to save the money for the summer and maybe someone new to spend it.

Champagne Football

We may or may not get one central defender and that will be it. Unlikely clubs will sell in January.

One of Skriniar, Milenkovic or Alderweireld might happen but unlikely.

C'est Moi Cantona

Jose shouldn't be buying anyone else, and even if hes's gone, then surely better for the new guy to get to grips with the players we already have for while.

So just save the money until the summer.