3 Players needed in January.

Alabaster Codify7

Nobody, for me. Board won't back him, they'll keep whatever they're willing to spend until summer for a new manager.

IrishMcD

De Ligt, De Jong, and any young exciting right winger. Of course, I know this is very unlikely but a guy can dream.

Member 93275

The moment of truth. If it's like Van Gaal's last season when he didn't get the transfers, if Mourinho doesn't get any in the winter, it would be safe to say ManUtd is already occupied with and saving budget for the succession and his transfer wishes.

Le Red

I'm sorry but what's the point in discussing transfer prospects now? We don't know who the next manager is going to be, and if Mourinho remains, I wouldn't expect anything different from the summer disgrace.

Mylock

The moment of truth. If it's like Van Gaal's last season when he didn't get the transfers, if Mourinho doesn't get any in the winter, it would be safe to say ManUtd is already occupied with and saving budget for the succession and his transfer wishes.
De jong reminds me of scholas, unbelievable talent. I'd sell pogba if it meant we got de jong, exactly the type of player we'd need to build our team around. I would also go for de ligt and 1 more experienced centre half. I believe we should give chong a run as a right winger for the 2nd half of the season, he looks like he's ready. I would also like to see Gomez given a few chances as a number 10, nothing to loose giving the kids a chance.

SER19

Id personally take giroud as a sub and direct competition for lukaku which he needs. Rate him or not hes got a great record and weve had many games in last 2 years where weve been crying out for an impact sub or swap for lukaku when hes having a shocker

IrishGlen

January is obviously an incredibly difficult market to buy in and the point is to bring in quality over quantity. To bring in three top quality players in January would be a momentous task and even the firmest Woodward detractor couldn’t criticize him for that.

Toby, Maguire (LCFC proved this with Mahrez), Willian et al won’t be moving mid season. The likes of Granquist doesn’t really improve the starting XI and Zlatan wouldn’t be a high priority when you’d expect Rom to be back on the goal trial before January.

I think we can agree that RW and CB are the priority positions and for the former, maybe Ante Rebic would be worth a shot.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Its very simple, we need to sell Darmian, Jones etc. and buy a RW, CB and possibly get a forward too. We should at least aim to get one of those in January. feck if its a hard task, we couldn't sign anyone in the summer so whats the difference, just get it done already.

spiriticon

Every window for the last 5 years we have 'needed at least 3 new players to challenge again'. It's just never ending. I'm tired of seeing all these new faces join for big money then do feck all on the pitch.

Someone just get the current crop playing well first.

Bestietom

I doubt that we'll be getting any players in January.

We desperately needed players in the Summer and Woodward decided that he needed to save money, to meet his financial/business targets. I don't see what will change in January.
Woodward made it clear in the Summer that he is looking to buy a Galactico class player and spend big. He isn't interested in players who Jose has identified, to improve our team on the pitch.
We could've had Perisic. we could've had Toby A, but Woodward felt that our current players are better than those 2.

I predict that Woodward will go on holiday once the transfer window opens and he'll return after it has closed.
No Mate, We will bring at least 2 players here in January. Just wait and see.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
We need defender, defender and ..... defender. Skriniar, Toby and maybe quality backup for Shaw.
It will be nobody.

Roboc7

Shouldn’t be looking to buy anyone, top targets won’t be available and the current manager is unlikely to be here next season. Save the money for the next manager.

Focus should be on offloading a few players and recruiting DOF or equivalent and thinking about the next manager.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I think if we could bring in 3 players in January it could save our season, and prepare us better for good start to next season. What 3 players would you like to see come in. Mine would be;-

Savic, Skriniar, and Chiesa.
First of all, 3 players in January is tough especially if the players that you mentioned are well known and won't cost cheap like Savic & Skriniar. So it's almost impossible.

And, if we are talking about how many players we should bring in for January to save our season and prepare for next season, I believe one is enough (centre back) and more realistic.

We have a lot of quality players in our squad and Jose has spent a lot on them, Mourinho should try to get the best out of them in both tactically and mentally.

Mainoldo

Don’t give him no more players to ruin. Wait until the summer. CM, RW and LB.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I don't think the season will be 'saveable' come January to be honest. I think the realisation will have kicked in that's it's going to be another trophyless season and another new manager coming in for next season.

Save the cash for the next man I reckon. Get a DOF/Technical Director appointed and look to get a young attacking head coach.

Chasing the FA Cup with millions of pounds wasted just seems daft. Happy for the season to be a write off as long as a proper plan is put in place for next season.

Kidders

I agree that we should'nt let Jose loose with a bag full of money for new signings, but it's obvious that we do need at least a CB and RW right now, regardless of whether Jose stays next season or not.

I predict a massive turnover of players in the next 2 to 3 transfer windows, so 3 or 4 signings in each of these won't surprise me, as for those leaving, then the sky really is the limit, we have so many that are bang average/ending their best/want away/injury prone, etc, it could be carnage.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
DoF football first
Mourinho out second
Give the budget to the new guy.

CBs: Two of - Kouliaby, De Light, Skriniar, Manolas, Alderweireld, Romagnoli, Pavard
RW: One of - Pulisic, Bailey, Lozano, Chiesa, Thauvin, Fekir, Suso, Zivkovic
RB: One of - Not sure tbh

Start with that and we'd have a very good side. With how little we spent this summer in terms of what we can spend, in the summer we should have the budget to go out and get these players.
The big worry is how badly run we are. We Herrera, Mata and whoever else's contracts running out, we can't lose that depth, but we also can't just overpay to keep them here either.

We also need to tie down Martial and De Gea asap

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Mourinho won't get any money in January unless unexplainably Mbappe becomes available and wants to come

Eric's Seagull

I don't think the club would buy any players Jose wanted as they don't have enough faith in him, if so they should have backed him in the summer and not waited until we ended up in a mess. There is a good chance he will not be here next season so I cant seee the club buying players that the next manager thinks are not right for him regardless og how good a fit they may seem to be. I think we should bring in a proper Director of Football preferably Luis Campos (not use someone internally which Woodward may be planning to do) let him assess the situation and then start planning for the summer, when I preferably want Jose gone by, although he may or may not be here come summer.

Walters_19_MuFc

Malcom and Cahill on loan until the end of the season.

De Gea
Valencia Smalling Cahill Shaw
Pogba Matic
Malcom Mata Martial
Sanchez

Next season we spend big on a top quality centre back and right winger, which we should have done this season.​

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Players like this simply don’t get sold in January.

January is a time for buying cheap young talents who aren’t well known, squad players, or established players who are very disgruntled with their current situation.
Yeah, or nearing the end of their contract like Sanchez (last Jan) or Alderweireld (this season).

kiristao

In the formation that we played at Chelsea, if we had a better right winger to replace Rashford, a better CB to replace Lindelof and Dolot instead of Young, we would look much better. So a RW and CB in January would be excellent

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
It’s the same situation as always in January. If it’s the right player and they are available, and they can make a significant impact for the remainder of the season, then we should sign them. If not we wait for the summer.

worldinmotion66

I'd try for Pavard, but I can't see a great deal happening in January.

We have to sort out the club's structure first and foremost. Get a director of football and establish a playing style that is in keeping with the club's traditions, and that we can develop through the entire club at all ages. Choose a manager that can train and improve players and that fits the aforementioned criteria.

Don't just give up on players because they haven't performed for 6 months or more, they were bought for a reason and it's the responsibility of the management staff to get them playing at the levels that they had showed before we bought them.

Havak

Pokemon master
I think we're too far away now, the season can't be 'saved' to the degree we'd really want it to be. I am very much 'Mourinho in', but I'm resigned to him being let go in the Summer (glorified mutual consent) or being sacked before the January window if we get too many sour results in the next 6 weeks or so. The season's goals are to finish in the top four, hopefully win the FA Cup and go at least one round further in the Champion's League (draw dependent).

The club didn't support Jose enough in the Summer - they won't support him in January if they've decided he's not their man. They won't spend money in January if Jose's replacement isn't brought in early. Even then, it'd probably only be one, maybe two players available that said manager would really want to push us on. The Summer will be when we rebuild and hopefully, we can start to build a title-winning side again. It looked like Jose was on the right path, but alas, it seems like it wasn't meant to be.

A new manager coming in and spending £100m+ in January would still do incredibly well to see us finish 3rd and win nothing IMO. It's not really worth the financial investment.

MUfreak

Frenkie de jong = 45-50m
Koulibaly = 50m tops
Maybe Hirving Lozano or Bernadeschi for around 35-45m.

dutchred

Frenkie de jong = 45-50m
Koulibaly = 50m tops
Maybe Hirving Lozano or Bernadeschi for around 35-45m.
AJAX are certainly not going to sell De Jong in January. They will still be in the CL.
Lozano is not good enough for United

El-Manos

Right winger and CB is a must. Some competition for Lukaku wouldn’t go amiss either.

poleglass red

You'd be lucky getting one player who could come in and make an instant impact in Jan, never mind 3. Coupled that with the fact Jose's position is hardly secure come the end of the season, I'd imagine any moves we did make would be board approved players and not Joses's anyway. It maybe a case of work with what you have until the end of the season. At that time you either get rid of Jose or back him to the hilt, right now we are in between.

Gasolin

I'd try for Pavard, but I can't see a great deal happening in January.

We have to sort out the club's structure first and foremost. Get a director of football and establish a playing style that is in keeping with the club's traditions, and that we can develop through the entire club at all ages. Choose a manager that can train and improve players and that fits the aforementioned criteria.

Don't just give up on players because they haven't performed for 6 months or more, they were bought for a reason and it's the responsibility of the management staff to get them playing at the levels that they had showed before we bought them.
Pavard is currently tanking at Stuttgart. The WC was great for many players, but as of now, only Mbappe and Kante are really on their hype. Even Pogba is up and down, and some like Pavard or Varane are tanking, God only knows why.