6 realistic signings to improve us?

DoomSlayer

How good is Allan in your opinion please and how much do think he would cost?
I believe he would be a definite upgrade on Fred, the question is if we can get him for £40-£50 million, because a higher price brings much bigger expectations and therefore new additions are quickly scrutinised.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
So is noone aware of the Napoli situation? Are there any Italian fans who could give their verdict if some of their players could be available in January?
it will largely depend on the club’s owner ambition for the season... if they go through in the CL and get a feasible tie, it is possible they will keep their core players until June... otherwise, big sale... being De Laurentiis is a greedy nutter, though, I can confidently think he would like to monetise on a high and yes, Allan is one of the players that can go.

Eric's Seagull

I believe he would be a definite upgrade on Fred, the question is if we can get him for £40-£50 million, because a higher price brings much bigger expectations and therefore new additions are quickly scrutinised.
Would be happy to take someone who is an upgrade on Fred. Considering how terrible out midfield has been, any player we sign in that position is going to be heavily scrutinised.

I get what you mean regarding the price tag. If we sign him for a a high fee there is going to be considerable pressure on him to justify the tag. We don't know if he would be mentally strong enough to handle the pressure especially if it takes him sometime to adjust to league. I think if we bring in a new midfielder ideally they are going to start performing well straight away.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
In Italy we have a motto, if your team is in trouble just reboot by changing its entire midfield ;)

DoomSlayer

it will largely depend on the club’s owner ambition for the season... if they go through in the CL and get a feasible tie, it is possible they will keep their core players until June... otherwise, big sale... being De Laurentiis is a greedy nutter, though, I can confidently think he would like to monetise on a high and yes, Allan is one of the players that can go.
I read that players have been getting robbed and even their families attacked. The club is trying to fine the players half of their wages for the month, it seems like a very serious situation if true.

Bestietom

I know who we would like, but I think we will end up with:-
Soumare
Fernandes
Haaland
Not bad I suppose, but only when or if, Pogba goes .

JoaquinJoaquin

We will bring in 1 loan at most in January.

For me, someone like James Rodriguez should be someone we could try and get if it's going to be a loan. He would bring some creativity in to the side.

RedNed77

Kalvin Phillips (Looks decent and what we’re missing, can play short and long, tidy on the ball and tenacious)

James Madison (difficult and expensive in January, but it will be in the summer too. Maybe impossible in January due to Leicester making a title challenge, if the wheels fall off in the next month, it may be more do-able)

Mario Mandzukic (Still need to give Martial until the end of the season before we spend big on somebody like Haaland, Mandzukic would be a good stop gap and provide some fight and experience to our yoof)

————————DdG—————————

- AWB - Lindelof - Maguire - Shaw -

————Phillips — McTominay————

— Madison — Pogba — Rashford —

———————-Martial————————-

S: Romero, Williams, Smalling (recall), Fred, James, Mandzukic, Greenwood

Still not ideal and lacking strength on the bench, but it’d be an improvement on where we are.

Eric's Seagull

Kalvin Phillips (Looks decent and what we’re missing, can play short and long, tidy on the ball and tenacious)

James Madison (difficult and expensive in January, but it will be in the summer too. Maybe impossible in January due to Leicester making a title challenge, if the wheels fall off in the next month, it may be more do-able)

Mario Mandzukic (Still need to give Martial until the end of the season before we spend big on somebody like Haaland, Mandzukic would be a good stop gap and provide some fight and experience to our yoof)

————————DdG—————————

———————-Martial————————-

Still not ideal and lacking strength on the bench, but it’d be an improvement on where we are.
Can't see Maddison coming in January as Brendan Rogers said Leicester won't be selling any of their star players in January. I think it will also be hard to get Maddison in the summer as he is talks regarding a new contract.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

————————DdG—————————

———————-Martial————————-

We are not getting Maddison in January you lunatic :lol:

He'd be stupid to come here.

lysglimt

Scout
I know Jarrod Bowen has been scoring goals but how good is he really? Anybody knows?
I have watched more or less all highlights from the Championship this season - and he stands out. Mobile, hard-working, good shot and excellent crossing. Has he enough quality to be world-class ? No - but he has more than enough quality to be a key-player for most P.L-clubs.

He simply looks quality, and if there ever was a gamble worth taking - it would be him.

He is the most likely player to be the next Dan James or James Maddison

Eric's Seagull

I have watched more or less all highlights from the Championship this season - and he stands out. Mobile, hard-working, good shot and excellent crossing. Has he enough quality to be world-class ? No - but he has more than enough quality to be a key-player for most P.L-clubs.

He simply looks quality, and if there ever was a gamble worth taking - it would be him.

He is the most likely player to be the next Dan James or James Maddison
How much do you think he is worth as his contract is expiring in the summer?

Onerealunited

Kalvin Phillips
Jarrod Bowen

Probably not the star players we want but I think they both have the capabilities to improve our staring eleven in the short term and fight for spots in the team in the long term

Craig Ward

We will bring in 1 loan at most in January.

For me, someone like James Rodriguez should be someone we could try and get if it's going to be a loan. He would bring some creativity in to the side.
Stinks of a Di maria / Sanchez signing

Bit wage. Bigger ego. Signing a name for the sake of it.

I'd avoid at all costs, if we turned Dybala down for reasons we are led to believe (as in he wasn't committed to coming here), then I highly doubt we'd be foolish to go for James Rodriguez

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Instead of this Mandzukic nonsense we should absolutely be trying to get Diego Costa as an experienced striker. He’s only 31 and not so ‘experienced’ that he’s a useless geriatric, and is a proven goalscorer at all levels. His situation at Atleti looks precarious and he’s a top striker.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Instead of this Mandzukic nonsense we should absolutely be trying to get Diego Costa as an experienced striker. He’s only 31 and not so ‘experienced’ that he’s a useless geriatric, and is a proven goalscorer at all levels. His situation at Atleti looks precarious and he’s a top striker.
I’d agree but I think he’s injured

SteveW

I'm trying to think of the right central midfielder. Can't come up with anyone.

Haven't seen Kalvin Philips play admittedly.

dogwithabone

We are not getting Maddison in January you lunatic :lol:

He'd be stupid to come here.
Do you honestly believe he wouldn't come here if he had the chance ? No player in their right mind will choose to stay with Leicester if there was the chance to join Manchester United.

He'd crawl on his hands and knees to Old Trafford.

Whether he can be prised from Leicester is another thing but there's not a chance in hell of him saying 'no' if that opportunity arose.

RedIan

I think there is no chance of Maddison in January much as I’d love it. Leicester are 2nd and flying high and going for the title. We are a couple of points up from mid table and struggling... there maybe a chance in summer but not now.

realistically -

eriksson and Grealish for midfield -
Sancho in attack.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Stinks of a Di maria / Sanchez signing

Bit wage. Bigger ego. Signing a name for the sake of it.

I'd avoid at all costs, if we turned Dybala down for reasons we are led to believe (as in he wasn't committed to coming here), then I highly doubt we'd be foolish to go for James Rodriguez
Some corrections to this:

Dybala did not not want to come here - He didn't want to leave Juventus, period.
Dybalas contract was negotiated. The problem was the players image rights and complications with the right holders that would have made the deal a right mess and *very* expensive. Dybala is in a legal fight with his former agency regarding his image rights.

Juve and MUFC had agreed a Dybala - Lukaku swap prior to the image rights blocking the transfer.

Dybala was being pushed out of Juventus, pretty roughly at that.

I'd just like to remind everyone about the difference between a player not wanting to leave their club, and not wanting to join a club. So we don't talk down on ourselves