5 killed in Norway in Bow and Arrow Shooting

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Well, he went into single apartments where it lived older women all on their own, if you get into an apartment there is not much they could have done to defend, they did not expect to be slaughtered either. If someone entered my home now with a bow I would be an easy prey.
The news I read suggested he killed people in a coop, which I understand is a supermarket chain. The old living facility is news to me.

Lightbringer

The news I read suggested he killed people in a coop, which I understand is a supermarket chain. The old living facility is news to me.
Yeah, he fled the police and entered two separate apartments where he killed 2 single women both living alone, they did an interview with a neighbour that survived and heard the screams. The coop encounter must have been before or after this slaying. Such a great shame they did not take him out before he went on rampage for real! But it has to be said, its impossible for society to defend against these attacks, imagine if someone took a baseball bat and went into a kindergarten and start jamming away with the intent to kill children, it would be a massacre before anyone could intervene.

Blodssvik

A bow and arrow can be extremely lethal and don't alarm everyone within a mile like a firearm. Some arrows with hunting tips can pass through the body of a moose while cutting inch wide wounds that cause severe bleeding. Doesn't seem to have been the case with these arrows though but point stands.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
A bow and arrow can be extremely lethal and don't alarm everyone within a mile like a firearm. Some arrows with hunting tips can pass through the body of a moose while cutting inch wide wounds that cause severe bleeding. Doesn't seem to have been the case with these arrows though but point stands.
Yeah the pictures look like target tips but with the right bow you're still going to cause a very large wound channel.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Andres Bevik was mentally ill (according to his psychiatric evaluation) but most still (want to) assume his attacks were politically motivated.

Fine line between terrorist apologists and mental health advocates on both sides of the political divide I guess.
Regulars on the CE are aware of your posting history and allegiances. However, it's a bit of a stretch where you're trying to go with the above post. Try letting go of those divisive thoughts from your head. I hope and pray you have a great and fulfilling life but it can be even greater with a pure heart and mind.

Last edited:

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
The fact that 4 of the 5 victims were women aged 50-70, likely all grandmothers (haven't read more beyond this thread), is gutwrenching.

nimic

something nice
Scout
The police have not charged the suspect with terror related offences, and indicate it looks like an incident related to mental illness. He's been transferred to a psychiatric institution. They also say they have found no signs of planning.

OleBoiii

The police have not charged the suspect with terror related offences, and indicate it looks like an incident related to mental illness. He's been transferred to a psychiatric institution. They also say they have found no signs of planning.
Watch right-wingers online claim that the Norwegian justice system is biased now...

Looks like the "scoreboard" will remain: 2 right-wing terrorist attacks, 0 terrorist attacks in the name of Islam. Not that it matters to the right-wingers though, seeing as they also blame immigration for Breivik and Manshaus. "It was all the immigrants that drove them to do this! We need to stop all immigration to prevent this from happening again" :rolleyes:

DavelinaJolie

Definitely sounds like less Islamic radicalization and more mental illness.
All these radicalisations have roots in the same issues. Incels, extreme right wing, Islamic terrorism, they all stem from issues like mental health and loss of connection with communities, and finding purpose and connection in extremist echo chambers.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Mental health is the red headed step-child of health services all over the world. Always chronically over-looked and under-resourced.
Yep... in Germany the same. And even then you need to take any therapist you get - hardly a choice.
Funny thing over here though is that hardly any therapist will take on severe cases. Most of them treat people with mild to medium severe depression. Many avoid alcoholics, drug users, personality disorder etc. because they are unreliable and difficult to work with.

nimic

something nice
Scout
All these radicalisations have roots in the same issues. Incels, extreme right wing, Islamic terrorism, they all stem from issues like mental health and loss of connection with communities, and finding purpose and connection in extremist echo chambers.
To a point, but this doesn't even look like radicalization. This just looks like genuine mental illness, which will be up to the professionals to determine. The next step will be to see if he's even fit to be punished, or if it will be all about treatment.

Mike Smalling

Police has now revealed that all 5 victims were actually killed by stabbing rather than bow and arrow. They haven't revealed the exact kind of weapon.

They also say that he haven't actually practiced Islam even though he converted, so that weakens the theory that Islamic terror was the motive.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Yep, the more I read on this story, it sounds like he's just a very disturbed and deranged individual who probably needed some form of psychiatric help. It's a shame it wasn't given at the time as 5 people have lost their lives unnecessarily.

RIP to the victims.