5 minutes of Scholes watching his best screamers

sunama

Baghdad Bob

1:58 had forgotten about that goal, incredible strike

Villa the best one, for me
The goal he scored at 1:05, was insane!
I would love to have a player like Scholes in our team right now. And I think Jose would, too.
The ability to score goals from virtually anywhere in the opponent's half.

Minimalist

LOL that's amazing. You'd think Scholes had early on-set dementia the way he can't remember anything. :lol:

El Zoido

Not a United fan alive that wouldn’t have kissed Scholes for that injury time goal against City!

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Hmm he was a very loyal family man, so trick question, final answer no? (My vocabulary isn't good enough to come up with a better superlative for him)
It was a lame attempt to joke about Scholes words in the video
Neville: “This was the start of a great United team’’
Scholes: “Was it?”

jem

Other than the Macheda goal, I don't think I've ever celebrated as intensely as when Scholes scored that header against City. The fact we came up short almost adds to the poignancy, in a weird way. I really liked that 2009-10 team, showing such resilience post-Ronaldo, and I also loved the 2010-11, Nani/Berbatov-led team. I miss those times :-(

Shiva87

I think it's maybe because this is a sky show and ITV had the champions league rights.

Loved scholes, I enjoy watching the old footage more than the current football, not sure if it's nostalgia, because we won things or what but I just love the 90's and 00's united team and players. Growing up watching that was a pleasure, I often sit with my kid now and watch older unit d footage more so than the current stuff.
Somehow I find it hard to look at old footage. It's live football for me. If I know the result, it takes away a lot of the fun of watching for me. I tend to fast forward a lot of it.

meamth

I would have loved to see Berbatov and Kagawa play together.

I miss Scholes too.
Something about players like Scholes, Berbatov and Kagawa.. Their forward pass is sharp and when they want to play slick passing, they can do it with ease. That first goal in that video sums it all up for me. We need to play like that again. :(

I miss how Berbatov just shouting and pointing fingers towards Nani, here, move there, he just knows it.

0le

Its so depressing watching us now compared to how we used to play. However I am so happy I was of an age to see some of these goals and remember them.

Robbo*

What a player. And much better man when he's not being paid to pretend he dislikes us, not sure it was worth it for £5-10k a week from BT. But watching the goals you forget about that again.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Favourite ever player for me. You could probably make 7 best screamers' compilations like that from him. Ridiculous.

Tom Foster

The best thing about Scholes was that he grew up in an era where I could watch him.

When I see him at Salford City watching the game, it’s difficult to envisage him doing the things he did.

Awesome player.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Great vid. Love those two together.

So difficult to find the level of down to earth professionalism these guys had.

SER19

Yeah that one against Barca is my favourite. Such a goal in such an important game. Incredible player
One of my favourite United moments. Knew as soon as it fell to him it was going to be smashed in.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
:lol: Genuinely funny at times. He's one of those players that, regardless of rivalries, you can't help but like & admire.

Fun watch.

The-Mezzala

Bradford away always stands out to me. Becks chipping the ball from the corner out to Scholsey! Magic

Red_Ramirez

I remember when he first started getting into the team and it was evident to see he had IT. Like all great players he made football look easy.

The only issue in the very early days breaking into the team was where his best position was gonna be. Because of his quality finishing abilities and link up play he feautured a lot as a no.10 and a no.9.

It wasn't till around 1997 where he established himself as an attacking midfielder. As the years went on he dropped deeper..

Loved the ginger ninja. World class footballer