5 or less statements, you stand by, that most of the caf would not agree with you on

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
1. This season has been a qualified success.
2. I would be satisfied to have this type of season for 3 of the next 5 years
3. The FA Cup really matters to me at the start of every season.
4. Mourinho has overachieved this year with this group of players.
5. Mourinho has underachieved in the past two years.

Judas

Open to offers
1. This season has been a qualified success.
2. I would be satisfied to have this type of season for 3 of the next 5 years
3. The FA Cup really matters to me at the start of every season.
4. Mourinho has overachieved this year with this group of players.
5. Mourinho has underachieved in the past two years.
With the two others being league winning seasons? I think most would take that. It would prove we're very much back. Although I'd want to you know actually enjoy a lot more matches.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
With the two others being league winning seasons? I think most would take that. It would prove we're very much back. Although I'd want to you know actually enjoy a lot more matches.
With the other two seeing us put up a proper fight into the final stretch. Whether we won or not would matter, but not define it. I think we really underestimate how necessary it is to maintain a baseline of 'Normal'.

It was once normal to start every season thinking 'Who will stop us this year'. Now it's not. It may take a decade to ever feel that way again. I want, and expect better. Both in terms of success and style. But there's a lot to be said for consolidation and stability in the short term.

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
1- We don't have any players that "we should hold on to at any cost." That said, there's a lot of quality in our squad.

2- Valencia and Young are quality FBs, and the only reason we need to sign FBs is because they're getting on age wise.

3- City are a good team, and maybe deserve to win he title, but not as good as this record breaking season suggests. This season is a fluke, just like Leicester's title win, and City will not dominate the league in coming seasons.

4- Player's attitude is much more important in winning trophies than technical ability. We don't need to sign the most technical players, we need players with the right attitude.

5- Blind would make an outstanding defensive midfielder.

LeftyBlaster

1. The performances this season, particularly those towards the end indicate that we will struggle next season.

2. Jose has not shown any evidence that we are going to improve our lack of movement and attacking play despite our 2nd place finish.

3. City’s season was not a fluke.

4. We already have most of the players needed to play a more exciting brand of football.

Judas

Open to offers
1. The performances this season, particularly those towards the end indicate that we will struggle next season.

2. Jose has not shown any evidence that we are going to improve our lack of movement and attacking play despite our 2nd place finish.

3. City’s season was not a fluke.

4. We already have most of the players needed to play a more exciting brand of football.
When the season is dead? Seems the weirdest time to judge.

Siorac

Mourinho is here for the long term.
Premier league will decline in the next decade and will lose a lot of viewership.
Yeah, I can see that if Mourinho really does stay long term. Though the sheer hilarity of Ashley Young playing on the right wing as you suggest might keep those viewers around.

simplyared

In Marcus Rashford we have the best young player in the PL. His dip in form is purely psycological and getting the problem solved should be top priority for our club.

Greck

1. Sanchez is on the Rooney trajectory. His itch to always get on the ball will become more and more of a hindrance the older he gets.
2. Matic hasn't been consistent, he's just been consistently played
3. Regardless of production Shaw complements our left wing better than Young.
4. Lingard might be better in a super-sub role. He breaks down so many promising attacks with poor timing on his final balls.
5. Ibra is a big part of why we were toothless last season

Sparky Rhiwabon

Martial and Rashford are overrated by the Caf and will end up at the equivalent of PL mid-table clubs

Hughes35

1. Mou and Pep are the best two managers in the world. We have to keep him.
2. Our football has been terrible for years. Yes, it was awful under Fergie most of recent times 07/08 being an exception (that's 10 years!!)
3. We need a number 10 as badly as any other position. Even though we have a lot of people to play there, none are top quality and are the cause of our sloppy attacks.

Yagami

Good post resistant
1. de Gea has the right idea with the man bun. He needs to keep growing it out.

2. White shorts and socks are the best compliment to Uniteds red kit.

3. United need a yellow/gold kit.

4. Blind needs to start for the simple reason that he's the most beautiful man in the league. Is it any coincidence United were at their best when, in two different eras, we had Beckham and Ronaldo as key players? Forget about their talent, it was their looks that took us to the heights we went to as the opposition just couldn't take their eyes off them.

5. Glory Glory Man United is, like, the best song ever. It's at the very least up there with Kirk Van Houten's one hit wonder "can i borrow a feeling" and The Be Sharps classic "baby on board".

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
1. We should bench/sell Sanchez
2. We should build our team around Pogba
3. Martial is actually our best attack player.
4. We will never win the league and finish above above City with Mourinho

Pass and Move

4. Blind needs to start for the simple reason that he's the most beautiful man in the league. Is it any coincidence United were at their best when, in two different eras, we had Beckham and Ronaldo as key players? Forget about their talent, it was their looks that took us to the heights we went to as the opposition just couldn't take their eyes off them.
Beckham absolutely. But Ronaldo? He looks like Barbie made a velociraptor.

Pass and Move

Said it before, 'defensive midfielders' are generally a waste of a player and get an easy ride. Arguably the best two deep lying midfielders around are Veratti and Busquets. It's no coincidence that they're the best actual footballers out of those who play that role.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
1) Lingard is living off a good December and should be nowhere near the starting 11, especially if martial or rashford are on the bench.
2) Smalling is not good at defending and even worse at playing the ball.
3) Matic was a downgrade on Herrera. Although he does sit deeper and provide more cover for the defence (hence Jose loves him).
4) Saf has had a huge part to play in our decline with the lack of signings in his latter years and ‘value in the market’ crap.
5) Jose remains the best man for the job.

vangagal

1) Lingard is living off a good December and should be nowhere near the starting 11, especially if martial or rashford are on the bench.
2) Smalling is not good at defending and even worse at playing the ball.
3) Matic was a downgrade on Herrera. Although he does sit deeper and provide more cover for the defence (hence Jose loves him).
4) Saf has had a huge part to play in our decline with the lack of signings in his latter years and ‘value in the market’ crap.
5) Jose remains the best man for the job.
I think many would agree with that point but its SAF so everyone who said it would get slaughtered for blame him.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
1 Lukaku has it in him to be a top striker.

2 Sanchez will shine next season.

3 Promoting McKenna to José's number 2 is probably foolish but just might be inspired thinking.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
1) Lingard is a mile of starting quality
2) Herrera is an average player who passing is erratic
3) Blind is a mile of starting quality
4) Shaw is a busted flush at United
5) Mata is the worst right attacker at United for a decade. Cut back side pass and little sprint away is tedious to watch.

1) If we want to win trophies, then Mourinho is more likely to do so at United (at the moment) than Guardiola would be.
2) Our defenders are the worst on the ball of any top team and severely limit our play.
3) Martial is vastly overrated.
4) Mourinho gets too much blame for our lack of attacking fluidity.
5) The same fans that are complaining about boring football would be the first to complain if we were playing exciting football but not competing for trophies.

Fosu-Mens

1. The bias toward young english players(Rashford, Lingard and Mctominay), and against foreign young players(Martial and Pogba) makes a discussion around united players impossible.
2. Sanchez is not able to play efficient as part of a cohessive unit. (Does not understand tactics. Low football IQ)
3. Martial is lazy, BUT still the most talented and dangerous attacking player we have.
4. The more £££££ to be gained by winning and performing well, the more likely it is that doping is involved. And the amount of £££££ involved in todays football.....
5. Mourinho builds old teams with experienced players to weigh up for the lack of attacking tactics set by the manager. And due to the age of players brought in, teams must due big changes when he leaves.

Podgy_Poet

1) Pogba will never live up to his pricetag, but he will stay with you for a long time and be a competent player.

2) You will not get a better manager than Mourinho for a long time. You get a more expansive manager, you slip down the table.

3) United fans are like Patriots fans in the NFL - spoiled as feck.

4) Mentions of SAF should be banned from all threads that are not specifically about him. Enough with comparing everything and everyone to that era.

5) Regardless of playing style, you've had a good season (Sevilla aside). Not a brilliant one, but a good one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frank Grimes

1. Bailly is not all that good.
2. Lingard is still not a United standard player.
3. Lukaku got a better supply at Everton.
4. Mourinho appointment was necessary at the time.
5. We are most likely a fair few years from winning our next league title.

Ander herrera the warrior

1) although we are weak in many position, we badly need a superstar player like how ronaldo is to madrid and messi to barca. The most realistic one to get is Antoine Griezzman. Lets play him behind lukaku as a 10

SBD

1. Alexis Sanchez is past it.

2. A RB is much more important than a LB.

3. Lingard is overrated and doesn't bring much to us bar the few goals.

4. The player's social media life style influences their performance on the pitch.

5. Mourinho should hand the duty of managing young players to Carrick and KM.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
1. Alexis Sanchez is past it.

2. A RB is much more important than a LB.

3. Lingard is overrated and doesn't bring much to us bar the few goals.

4. The player's social media life style influences their performance on the pitch.

5. Mourinho should hand the duty of managing young players to Carrick and KM.
Don't think I'm ready for that kind of responsibility mate.

pacifictheme

This is still up for debate?
Well he needs to help us achieve some stuff beyond thr iefa cup. Big pete and vds can point to huge moments in huge matches where they contributed to some of the greatest years in uniteds history. Having a blinder away at stoke doesn't quite feel the same.

Micky Targaryen

1) Martial will not be a world class player. (Nothing against the lad, I'm just of the opinion that he lacks a certain drive to be one)

2) We should give our youngsters more time before writing them off as rubbish or bang average when they are barely 21. :wenger:

3) Just because Martial may 'seem' like our most exciting player, that says more bout the quality of our squad, rather than the player himself.

4) The buck doesn't necessarily stop with the manager. It's a combination of the players' and manager's faults.

Verbalkint

1) Daley Blind is a good footballer
2) Herrera must start more games with Pogba & Matic in midfield
3) Keep Martial come what may

Treble

1. Matic ain't that great. Decent signing but nothing special really.
  2. Nevertheless, there isn't much between United and City in terms of the quality of players. (City's squad has much more potential though because they have a lot of players under 25).
  3. This team wouldn't be top 4 without DDG. Liverpool and Spurs play better football but don't have a keeper like DDG.
  4. It won't be easy to upgrade on Valencia despite his age.
  5. Martial would do better than Lukaku as a CF under another manager (Guardiola or Klopp). And Rashford too if given the chance to make the position his own. Lukaku and Sanchez are blocking the development of superior talents which will cost United a lot with Martial likely to leave this summer.

Tiber

Well he needs to help us achieve some stuff beyond thr iefa cup. Big pete and vds can point to huge moments in huge matches where they contributed to some of the greatest years in uniteds history. Having a blinder away at stoke doesn't quite feel the same.
What would Van Der Saar or Schmeichel have won in this United side? We may not have won the treble every year for the last 5 years, but that certainly isn't because of De Gea. Not his fault the rest of the team is mediocre, I agreed that De Gea will go down as our best ever keeper, not our most successful.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
1. Pogba will never be truly world class while Mou is in charge
2. Fellaini is a good squad player and United should strive to keep him
3. Martial and Rashford are vastly overrated
4. Lukaky will bang in more than 30 goals when set up properly
5. While DDG is absotively fantastic, United will not become a midtable team without him

wolvored

1 Were not moving forward with Mourinho
2 Our overall style is a joy to watch
3 Fellaini is the glue that holds the team together
4 Sanchez is well worth his wages
5 Dont get rid of Jones

Andy_Cole

1. Smalling is a top class defender who is fantastic when not paired with the awful Phil Jones. Smalling’s dopey face makes fans under rate him.

2. Mata is world class but under used. Honestly think we could turn him into a deep lying centre mid like Modric for Madrid. He does work hard enough.

3. Not too sure if Rashford will make it.

4. City aren’t that good. I feel like it was a Liecester season this year. Momentum and luck made them over achieve.

5. Ferguson’s only choice was Moyes. He’s tried to distance himself from the choice as it was so bad.

AndersB

1. Smalling and Jones' defensive attributes are gravely underappreciated on the Caf

2. Martial is probably the most overrated United player for the last 10-odd years

3. We have overachieved more than City in the league this season

4. Rashford is not, by any stretch of the imagination, a number 9

5. Young is not declining; he is getting better and better