5 Player Summer Rebuild

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
As the title suggests, you have 5 players to sign as the new manager in the Summer.

However these players must come from clubs currently in the bottom half of the PL. Who do you go for?
RB: Livramento
DM: Kalvin Phillips
CM: Yves Bisouma (Brighton)
RW: Raphinha (Leeds)
CF: Richarlyson (Everton)

Boss : ten hag
First xi
De gea

Livramento
Varane
Maguire
Shaw

Phillips
Van De Beek
Bruno Fernandes

Raphinha
Cr7
Sancho

Second xi:
Heaton/Bishop

Dalot/AWB
Bernard/Mengi
Lindelof
Telles

Bissouma
Fred/Garner
Mctominay/Mejbri

Elanga
Richarlyson
Rashford

Last edited:

Hughes35

1. Lamptey
2. Raphinha
3. Toney
4. Phillips
5. Bissouma

I've not included Leicester as they're 10th.

----------------------------------------------De Gea--------------------------------------------------
Lamptey---------------------Varane---------------Maguire------------------------------Shaw
---------------------------------Phillips-----------------------Bissouma-------------------------
Raphina------------------------------------Bruno--------------------------------------Sancho
-----------------------------------------Ronaldo / Toney---------------------------------------------

Decent team TBH.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
As the title suggests, you have 5 players to sign as the new manager in the Summer.

However these players must come from clubs currently in the bottom half of the PL. Who do you go for?
First name is James Ward-Prowse. The amount of people who underrate him is obscene. He is exactly the type of player who goes to Liverpool and does really well and we all look on in disbelief. The set piece delivery is insane and you'll probably get two FK goals a year from him.

Second name is Dominic Calvert-Lewin. One reason is we have a vacant post of fashion brand ambassador and I think he'd be great designing the kits. In footballing terms, he's strong, works hard, good in the air, can hold the ball up and bring others into play and is homegrown.

Tarik Lamptey looks the business so a better RB for us and can actually cross/overlap.

Outside of that, maybe that Eze kid from Palace?

romufc

I am very surprised the number of people who want Phillips, when his valuation last summer was like £60m plus. On top of that he has had a shocking season with injuries and form. We should really avoid this one.

Even Lamptey, mostly played RWB and hasn't really shown anything of note this season.

Would rather go for players like Tchouchameni on a free.

padzilla

Hipster
If he isn't charged, this absolutely will happen, almost immediately as well in my opinion. I just hope it doesn't happen at United.
Bringing Greenwood back would be a disaster from a reputational point of view.

JB7

Similar topic to the "how many players from outside the top 6 would improve us" but a little more tricky, I like it.

Sanchez
Livramento
Varane Maguire Shaw
Guimaraes
Ward-Prowse
Fernandes
Raphina Ronaldo Sancho​

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss

Why would you take players from bottom half teams? Are you trying to achieve mid table mediocrity?
We should be trying to sign the very best players we can for each position of need. Replacing like for like just for the sake of it is a pointless and futile task.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper

Bottom Half of PL as a stipulation means:

DCL
Cash
Phillips
Raphinha
Guehi

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Raphinha, Phillips, Sarr, Livramento, Salisu

Bruno Guimaraes might be another shout but not seen enough of him yet. Might well have gone for Conor Gallagher but he is a Chelsea player. Just picked Livramento over Lamptey but close.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I am very surprised the number of people who want Phillips, when his valuation last summer was like £60m plus. On top of that he has had a shocking season with injuries and form. We should really avoid this one.

Even Lamptey, mostly played RWB and hasn't really shown anything of note this season.

Would rather go for players like Tchouchameni on a free.
I would love Phiilips for Arsenal if there is any chance to get him. He is brilliant as a number 4. Of course it also depends on the head coach and tactics.

https://www.sporf.com/andrea-pirlo-explains-what-makes-kalvin-phillips-so-unique/

romufc

I would love Phiilips for Arsenal if there is any chance to get him. He is brilliant as a number 4. Of course it also depends on the head coach and tactics.

https://www.sporf.com/andrea-pirlo-explains-what-makes-kalvin-phillips-so-unique/
That's fine, we haven't really seen how well he can adapt in a different team and tactics.

Everyone in the summer was raving about the midfielders we had, we got dominated on the ball by quite a few teams in midfield considering we have a £120m and a £60m rated midfielders in there.

He is a good player but not worth over £40m.

Swedish_Plumber

Why would you take players from bottom half teams? Are you trying to achieve mid table mediocrity?
We should be trying to sign the very best players we can for each position of need. Replacing like for like just for the sake of it is a pointless and futile task.
Just a bit of fun and to see who people rate from the lower teams. Also just cause you play for lower level teams, does not mean you can’t find a gem.

Eggberto

Defence, Salisu looks really solid, left footed CB but our RB options are terrible it’s a tough one but our LCB position appears to be causing more issues.
CM - Ward prowse is a shoe in for his set piece delivery and need and tidy play in Midfield.
DCM - Calvin Phillips, Shame Leicester are now 10th otherwise I would go for Wilf Ndidi.
CF - Dominic calvit Lewis, good age, can hold the ball up, can play as a lone CF and room to improve, I think he would work well with the service from Bruno and Sancho.

RW- Michael Olise looks really promising at Crystal Palace, good technique, quick and skilful however we have other young promising RW talents in Amad and pellistri, and for the age and experience we need now I would go for Raphinha

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Lamptey
JWP
Olise
DCL
Cucurella

wolvored

Bringing Greenwood back would be a disaster from a reputational point of view.
I think if he's cleared he will have to go abroad. No way would Utd have him back and the stick from the crowds in England would ruin him.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
It’s a fun experiment as there are lots of exciting young players at lesser teams. Shows how much money is in the league that something like this would still cost us over £200 million without making us close to challenging.

The kind of talents that big teams in other leagues can sweep up for pennies, look at Pedri who Barca took for a few million if he was at the equivalent English team and we wanted him it would be £60 million minimum.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
If DCL fancies himself a bit at Everton what would he be like at United. Not sure I want another Pogba fashion show. This is what everybody has been pointing out about people who potentially use United to promote themselves and not in the footballing sense. He seems to have had a few injuries this season as well.

JB7

If DCL fancies himself a bit at Everton what would he be like at United. Not sure I want another Pogba fashion show. This is what everybody has been pointing out about people who potentially use United to promote themselves and not in the footballing sense. He seems to have had a few injuries this season as well.
He's also a player that jumps with his elbows out constantly. One of those things that doesn't get highlighted so much in the press when you're an Everton player but as soon as you move to United it's all people talk about so referees see it more.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
He's also a player that jumps with his elbows out constantly. One of those things that doesn't get highlighted so much in the press when you're an Everton player but as soon as you move to United it's all people talk about so referees see it more.

They do now anyway. The pressure here is immense. It was before now things are going awry it is ten times worse.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
  • RB - Livramento
  • DM - Bissouma
  • CM - JWP
  • RW - Raphinha/ASM
  • ST - Richarlison
Leicester is 10th so don't count.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Average FC
Well we were talking about bottom half only guys! JWP would be a good squad player for IMO. Raphinha or ASM would easily start here on the right and be very good signings. Richarlison the same up top. Livramento is a high potential right back that would probably start here already. Bissouma a solid DM who would be better than any DM we have anyway.

There are very good players to be found in the bottom half. They don't all have to be world class, but they have to fit (and we need to fill the squad).