g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

5 stabbed in Dublin | 3 of them children

Raven

Just to remind everyone, this is a thread about children being stabbed.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I think that's an illusion, to be honest. The racists simply didn't have just one place to vote, now they do, but racism was always there. You only needed a 5 min chat with the random CDS voter to know they were racist.
CDS for me was always an irrelevant and somewhat moderate party. Only politician who had some influence was Paulo Portas. Chega is clearly dangerous in my opinion. Specially when PSD has such inept and uncharismatic leadership. Racists are all emboldened now.

Enough off topic anyways.

hobbers

Same as that pondlife stabbing babies in their prams in France. Shoot them in the head, incinerate the body and scrub them from existence.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Does everything that’s true require data? I’m not saying every foreign person that comes here does this, of course not. The vast majority of foreign nationals in Ireland are good hardworking people. But there has been a huge increase in foreigners coming in and doing exactly what I said they’ve been doing, it is well known throughout the country.
But how is it well known throughout the country? How do people know this is going on if there's no data? Or is there data?

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Look at those far right Canada goose scooter riding scumbag drug dealers using a tragic event like this to try fuel their stupid agenda. Same jobless wankshafts who block the m50 or Eastwall claiming the country is full at 4pm while people who actually work (including many foreign nationals) are stuck in traffic because of them. Scrotes.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
When do Irish people go abroad, get into a country unchecked and be allowed gather social welfare payments without even wanting to look for a job? Please tell me.
Any Irishman or women who leaves this country does so in search of work, no a free ride in a different country.
When has any foreign immigrant been able to do that in Ireland? That’s a wild claim. You’ll need some solid evidence to back it up. Which should be available.

I’ll let slide for now your notion that only immigrants to Ireland (and never emigrants from Ireland) would travel in search of a free ride. That’s another wild claim but harder to prove/disprove.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I disagree, I think those people setting fire to police cars look like fine upstanding citizens. The backbone of any credible first world country.

cyberman

Hopefully all recover and the attacker spends a very long time away from sunlight.

Also, can someone take the Ireland: Is it racist now? Stuff to a new thread. I've a few thoughts on the subject, or Europe as a whole and it's funny seeing some already play out in this thread. But it's not the right place and I don't want to start it as I am not Irish.
Irish politics is in a really dangerous place. We’ve only ever had 2 parties in power and they had to form a coalition to stay in power last time round. They aren’t going to bad mouth each other since the polls clearly show they’ll need each other next time round so pointing out flaws and mistakes from the other party is really taking away votes from themselves. Thats why we’ve had a few scandals which normally sees the TD thrown out or stood down but can’t because it means losing the majority.
There’s literally no accountability these days with their only option attacking Sinn Fein who have never been in power and are quick to libel them using their trusted news sources and are presently trying to change the laws to enable libel because Sinn Fein are having to take so many to court over it. Never mind it was the same government who tightened libel laws because they weren’t fond of the coverage they were getting during the banking crises.
How the feck can you blame the ills of the country on a party that has never been in power?
Our Taoiseach and Taniste have both been claiming we need to get on top of the migrant crisis and we need this and that despite them being the source of all these problems. They’re positioning themselves away from being in power and are acting as some other force who needs to come in and clean this mess up.
How can government who have only ever been in power fight back? By attacking SF with what ifs and oh that wouldn’t work as if saying this mess is so large not even you can fix it so why would they vote for you? If you lower that tax then how to you make up the deficit..who said good governance was about who could make the most out of its own people?
I’m not even a SF man and it’s a bit of a rant but it won’t take much for another party to rise up in a decade or 2 to pick up all of the fecked off voters getting gaslighted and talked down to. SF themselves were nowhere 7 years ago and look at them now.
There’s so many voters frustrated that they’re not being heard that the far right can piggy back that with their own agendas wrapped in. We really aren’t that far away to seeing an attempt at least.

gfactor86

Of course you're posting and amplifying a far right conspiracy theorist. In a thread about children being stabbed, you're disgusting.
Are you serious?This is absolutely related to the situation. Open your eyes. People in Dublin are rioting, they're angry.

I'm just adding to the conversation. None of this is conspiracy. It's the fall out from the tragic stabbing from today.

Just pipe down and stop insulting everyone.

JagUTD

Look at those far right Canada goose scooter riding scumbag drug dealers using a tragic event like this to try fuel their stupid agenda. Same jobless wankshafts who block the m50 or Eastwall claiming the country is full at 4pm while people who actually work (including many foreign nationals) are stuck in traffic because of them. Scrotes.
E-scooters are bad enough but now there's going to be a plague of Canada goose powered scooters. God help us all

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
When do Irish people go abroad, get into a country unchecked and be allowed gather social welfare payments without even wanting to look for a job? Please tell me.
Any Irishman or women who leaves this country does so in search of work, no a free ride in a different country.
Oh the old classic, your countrymen are of course so special, work faring contributors.

Those from elsewhere, benefits leeches.

hobbers

I disagree, I think those people setting fire to police cars look like fine upstanding citizens. The backbone of any credible first world country.
It was the tax from all their hard earned state welfare that paid for those police cars so of course they have a right to firebomb them.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
And FFG piss about wondering why Garda numbers keep falling off while these cnuts with 300 convictions stay out of our over crowded prisons time and time again.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Are you serious?This is absolutely related to the situation. Open your eyes. People in Dublin are rioting, they're angry.

I'm just adding to the conversation. None of this is conspiracy. It's the fall out from the tragic stabbing from today.

I walked right past the area about an hour ago, and lived right there for seven years until quite recently. I can tell you the young guys rioting there are local dickheads just taking advantage of the situation to wreak a bit a havoc they can laugh about later.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch

“People in Dublin” :lol:

ah yes clearly from those videos we can see that those rioting are the normal, hard working every day folk of Dublin.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Shops being looted now and streets blocked off. Looks like we’re getting our own version of the London 2012 riots.
This has been coming since March 2020.

Charlie Foley

Irish politics is in a really dangerous place. We’ve only ever had 2 parties in power and they had to form a coalition to stay in power last time round. They aren’t going to bad mouth each other since the polls clearly show they’ll need each other next time round so pointing out flaws and mistakes from the other party is really taking away votes from themselves. Thats why we’ve had a few scandals which normally sees the TD thrown out or stood down but can’t because it means losing the majority.
There’s literally no accountability these days with their only option attacking Sinn Fein who have never been in power and are quick to libel them using their trusted news sources and are presently trying to change the laws to enable libel because Sinn Fein are having to take so many to court over it. Never mind it was the same government who tightened libel laws because they weren’t fond of the coverage they were getting during the banking crises.
How the feck can you blame the ills of the country on a party that has never been in power?
Our Taoiseach and Taniste have both been claiming we need to get on top of the migrant crisis and we need this and that despite them being the source of all these problems. They’re positioning themselves away from being in power and are acting as some other force who needs to come in and clean this mess up.
How can government who have only ever been in power fight back? By attacking SF with what ifs and oh that wouldn’t work as if saying this mess is so large not even you can fix it so why would they vote for you? If you lower that tax then how to you make up the deficit..who said good governance was about who could make the most out of its own people?
I’m not even a SF man and it’s a bit of a rant but it won’t take much for another party to rise up in a decade or 2 to pick up all of the fecked off voters getting gaslighted and talked down to. SF themselves were nowhere 7 years ago and look at them now.
There’s so many voters frustrated that they’re not being heard that the far right can piggy back that with their own agendas wrapped in. We really aren’t that far away to seeing an attempt at least.
Professor Aidan Regan used to run a very good podcast out of UCD. He had someone on discussing the rise of the far right in other countries, Brexit etc, and compared that to Ireland. He talked about the grassroots GAA being an important institution that had slowed it, as well as SF taking up votes from the demographic the far right would typically target.

Of course, if SF get into power and these problems continue, might their supporters who aren’t inherently left wing get disillusioned and switch…

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
I'm totally ignorant in Irish politic matters, can you please tell me why?
Homelessness and drug use went up massively in the city centre of Dublin during Covid, as did local gangs and young pieces of shit, due to the lack of any real Garda presence during the lockdown. It never really recovered. Streets like that one (Parnell) are full of the sort of scrotes you see in those videos. They’ve just been looking for any excuse to act like cnuts.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Feral scummy youth who couldn't give a feck about stabbings or any right wing rhetoric (they couldn't even spell rhetoric). It's just an excuse for them to wreck shit, loot some stuff and share it on Snapchat later.

That fecking clown of a justice minister should be fecked out in the morning for allowing it to get to a point where they feel they can be this brazen.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Homelessness and drug use went up massively in the city centre of Dublin during Covid, as did local gangs and young pieces of shit, due to the lack of any real Garda presence during the lockdown. It never really recovered. Streets like that one (Parnell) are full of the sort of scrotes you see in those videos. They’ve just been looking for any excuse to act like cnuts.
Thanks, mate.

JagUTD

I posted in the Israel Palestine Thread about why looking to Europe for advice is a terrible idea because we are idiots. Much of what you have said, the Dutch election, what's happening in Sweden, the posts from Sly (Portugal) and so on all support what I've been thinking.

The far right gaining traction is entirely the fault of incompetence and ignorance. Valid concerns about the true public costs of taking immigrants in, backed up with soaring costs and people being unable to even survive in their own countries is the fault of both the governments and the near fanatical support they have who seemingly exist only to act as attack dogs for these Parties.

When will people learn that dismissing someone's concerns will lead them towards people who will listen? Especially when they see their concerns play out in front of them. What begins as a fairly reasonable concern gets hijacked by the far right and becomes something darker. If only the people who could, actually answered their concerns eh?

Would you mind taking your post and starting a thread? I'll copy my reply over and delete this so it can get back to the real story.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Hopefully the victims make a full recovery.
Good news is that two of the three children will seemingly be okay, with one of them having been discharged from the hospital. Hopefully the other two victims will be okay too.

cyberman

I posted in the Israel Palestine Thread about why looking to Europe for advice is a terrible idea because we are idiots. Much of what you have said, the Dutch election, what's happening in Sweden, the posts from Sly (Portugal) and so on all support what I've been thinking.

The far right gaining traction is entirely the fault of incompetence and ignorance. Valid concerns about the true public costs of taking immigrants in, backed up with soaring costs and people being unable to even survive in their own countries is the fault of both the governments and the near fanatical support they have who seemingly exist only to act as attack dogs for these Parties.

When will people learn that dismissing someone's concerns will lead them towards people who will listen? Especially when they see their concerns play out in front of them. What begins as a fairly reasonable concern gets hijacked by the far right and becomes something darker. If only the people who could, actually answered their concerns eh?

Would you mind taking your post and starting a thread? I'll copy my reply over and delete this so it can get back to the real story.
Not a problem