6 realistic signings to improve us?

The Last Jedaiiii

The players I would go for in January

Ryan Fraser - he's heading towards his last months of contract. With him in the team we can afford moving Martial permanently upfront
Eriksen/Bruno Fernandes
Rice
I'd love Yannick Carrasco tbh- still relatively young (25), 2 footed and plays on both wings. Also scored in a Champions League Final and looking to move back to Europe following a career mistake in moving to China. Wouldn't cost that much either

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I'd love Yannick Carrasco tbh- still relatively young (25), 2 footed and plays on both wings. Also scored in a Champions League Final and looking to move back to Europe following a career mistake in moving to China. Wouldn't cost that much either
that's a good option as well.

The Last Jedaiiii

That’s because the game has changed.

Basically the difficult task is finding a left footed attacker.
My top 3 (realistic) would be:
1. Maddison /Partey
2. Yannick Carrasco
3. Mandzukic/Higuain
4. Eriksen (if possible)

Team would be:

Henderson (De Gea should have been sold this summer tbh)

Wan-Bissaka-----Maguire---------Axel---------Shaw

--------------------Partey------McT-------Eriksen---------------------

Carrasco----‐-----------Martial---------------------------James

Pogba will leave next summer as we wont get Champions League (unless we win the EL). I hope that in terms of departures, that the Glazers, Woodward and Ole will be on the list with Allegri, new owners and a DOF coming in.

Slysi17

Should rename the thread "3 realistic players that would improves us that aren't British". Van De Beek, Thomas Partey, and Justin Kluivert would be 3 players that spring to mind. See Ole it ain't hard.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Fedorico Chiesa for the RW.

The guy runs and presses like a mad man, but scores and assists plenty also.

Kemizee

Should rename the thread "3 realistic players that would improves us that aren't British". Van De Beek, Thomas Partey, and Justin Kluivert would be 3 players that spring to mind. See Ole it ain't hard.
Man United signing 3 good players in critical positions who are not British? :D.

You think that would happen? Are we not trying to create another CO92 or something?

We would instead sign Rice,Maddison Longstaff and Sancho. They are the kind of signings Ole is interested in going forward.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Ndidi
Maddison
Vardy

Wait a minute...
Maybe we should just sign Leicester's scouts?

Or Dortmund's.

Or both? We'll pay better wages, I'm certain of that.

Fedorico Chiesa for the RW.

The guy runs and presses like a mad man, but scores and assists plenty also.
If he was Fred Churchill we would take a look at him. This lad is way too Italian for Brexit FC though.

Slysi17

Man United signing 3 good players in critical positions who are not British? :D.

You think that would happen? Are we not trying to create another CO92 or something?

We would instead sign Rice,Maddison Longstaff and Sancho. They are the kind of signings Ole is interested in going forward.
Geez that's bad :houllier::houllier: Mid table obscurity here we come. Only thing we will have is the pride of being British. Ole needs to realize we are in 2019 and not the 1990's. But sadly he won't.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Geez that's bad :houllier::houllier: Mid table obscurity here we come. Only thing we will have is the pride of being British. Ole needs to realize we are in 2019 and not the 1990's. But sadly he won't.
Sancho and Maddison would massively improve us to be fair.

I don't give a shit about nationality. We need quality, British or foreign I don't care. It's a big fat no to Rice and Longstaff from me.

JohnnyLaw

Steve Bruce

Depends on whats realistic? If United where prepared to throw money at it, the realistic targets would be nearly anyone who doesn't play for Liverpool or City and isn't Messi.

Sancho would be my no.1 target for the right forward position.

Erikson and Maddison for the 2 CM positions.

Probably cost around 200m for the 3, but that's the market these days.

Adam-Utd

theklr

Depends on whats realistic? If United where prepared to throw money at it, the realistic targets would be nearly anyone who doesn't play for Liverpool or City and isn't Messi.

Not true, some players actually value playing CL each year, or doesnt want to move from where they are etc.

Not everyone is all about the money.

Langers7274

Good call - however does Eriksen really want to play for UTD, if he did would take him defo, especially on a free!! Maddison just seems to get better and better, bring them two in, get £150m for Pogba and with addition of a much needed Sancho, your net spend would probably be about £30m-£50m, we still have Lukaku money to look so plenty to look for a quality LB and and CB to partner Maguire

beingshe7don

Good call - however does Eriksen really want to play for UTD, if he did would take him defo, especially on a free!! Maddison just seems to get better and better, bring them two in, get £150m for Pogba and with addition of a much needed Sancho, your net spend would probably be about £30m-£50m, we still have Lukaku money to look so plenty to look for a quality LB and and CB to partner Maguire
If Eriksen does not sign an extension, he'll move to Juventus for free as how everyone seems to be doing it.

JohnnyLaw

Nobody bid that for Savic.

Koulibaly is a possibility, but then the Napoli owner is rich so that's a bit different. Most others aren't.
From what I can gather Commosos net worth is almost ten times higher than De Laurentii though so then it shouldn’t be an issue for Fiorentina either.

Adam-Utd

From what I can gather Commosos net worth is almost ten times higher than De Laurentii though so then it shouldn’t be an issue for Fiorentina either.
Fair enough, can't say I knew they also had a Billionaire owner :lol:

I'd expect he will want to push on his career eventually, I don't remember Fiorentina ever refusing a big sale before.

A9X SJ

What about the boy from Norwich Todd Cantwell

First game of the season he looked a talent popped up with a goal & a couple of assists so far

Roboc7

Assuming Pogba is sold there might be about 180m to spend and given desire to buy British that’s Maddison, Longstaff and one other.

Steve Bruce

Not true, some players actually value playing CL each year, or doesnt want to move from where they are etc.

Not everyone is all about the money.
I did state 'nearly' which allows for those few players that don't place money as the main reason for playing it.

Michael T

With Pogba and De Gea on the way out by the looks of things, I'm no longer sure a wish list of any three players will have any meaning for the foreseeable future.

If we want progress to the Champions League we should ask the Glazers to blow the next 3 years transfer budget now and buy Sancho, Maddison, Longstaff, and Mbappe, and pay Pogba and De Gea to stay. Just go for broke and avoid the long drawn out pain I see beckoning...

It's only a tongue-in-cheek post, so don't take it too seriously. Although if there's a rich Saudi Prince out there reading this...

...add Eriksen and another top young LB to the list.

Last edited:

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Right now Sancho definitely out of reach, perhaps only if player himself will express his desire for United.

Leicester, Palace and Wolves stars would be a not a bad summer in current shower of things happening.

Champagne Football

The players I would go for in January

Ryan Fraser - he's heading towards his last months of contract. With him in the team we can afford moving Martial permanently upfront
At 5'4 he's the shortest player in the Premier league. Juan Mata would be like a giant next to him

shabz

Maddison (creative, set piece taker, assists from everywhere), Icardi or Immobile (someone who can make intelligent runs, find themselves in space in the box and finish more often than not), Sancho (fix our right side, creator and scorer, direct and can put defenders on the backfoot).

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Do you see us making a serious move for a Midfielder in January with the Lukaku money?

romufc

I do not think personnel is the issue here. There is something fundamentally wrong at the club, we cannot keep throwing money as if it is the players.

We got one of the best RB and CB in the league last year, yet we dont look solid at the back.. clearly there is something else.