6 realistic signings to improve us?

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
If you could make 3 realistic signings to improve our squad next summer who would you go for?

de Gea

Wan-Bissaka Maguire Lindelof Chilwell

McTominay Neves Pogba

Sancho Martial Rashford​

Chilwell, Neves and Sancho are all gettable players for United, follow the new strategy we seem to be using and would be improvements on Shaw, Matic/Fred/Pereira & Lingard imo.

Yours?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Chilwell is so ridiculously overrated.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Didnt we just end a transfer window and win a game 4-0.
Yep. :drool:

We're still not a perfect team though are we? It's a United forum, surely there's nothing wrong with discussing potential realistic signings who could improve us? Regardless of the time of the year.

RedDevilRoshi

Sancho
McGinn
Maddison (if we couldn’t get Havertz)

Last edited:

Patrick08

If you could make 3 realistic signings to improve our squad next summer who would you go for?

de Gea

McTominay Neves Pogba

Sancho Martial Rashford​

Chilwell, Neves and Sancho are all gettable players for United, follow the new strategy we seem to be using and would be improvements on Shaw, Matic/Fred/Pereira & Lingard imo.

Yours?
Neves can pass but can not shield the defense that well.

Shiva87

Yep. :drool:

We're still not a perfect team though are we? It's a United forum, surely there's nothing wrong with discussing potential realistic signings who could improve us? Regardless of the time of the year.
No harm at all. But exactly the kind of thread which will undoubtedly result in heartbreak next summer :wenger:

KW2006

Any proper DMC, a top class AMC, any proper, natural right-side attacker

Lynty

de Gea

McTominay Neves Pogba

Sancho Martial Rashford​

Yours?
I don't think we'd see Sancho and Neves in the same window, without losing Pogba.

Sancho, Maddison and McGinn coming in with Pogba going out would be realistic I think

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

The window is shut. Get used to the current team
I am used to it. It's just a thread on a forum for fun dude.

No harm at all. But exactly the kind of thread which will undoubtedly result in heartbreak next summer :wenger:
To be fair I won't exactly be heartbroken if we fail to land Ben Chilwell. :lol:

Sancho has to be our #1 target.

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Sancho apparently (havent seen much of him but he's highly rated), Kai Havertz, Neves
Can't see that being realistic at all.

Even for Sancho I think you'll need to how some marked improvements as a team over this season to attract that type of talent.

Panther

Wilfred Ndidi (not sure if it's realistic since Leicester just sold us Maguire), James Maddison, Federico Chiesa. Waiting to see how Rashford and Martial do this season, if they don't impress then we need to go all out for Piatek.

Lynty

Wilfred Ndidi (not sure if it's realistic since Leicester just sold us Maguire), James Maddison, Federico Chiesa. Waiting to see how Rashford and Martial do this season, if they don't impress then we need to go all out for Piatek.
Can't see us taking Maddison and Ndidi in one window, but Piatek is a good shout.

El-Manos

Maddison, Sancho & a combative midfielder. Back up or improvement on shaw but not a necessity.

RedDevilRoshi

Was wondering if Fred performs really well this season (bit like Lindelof last season after a poor debut season) and Pogba stays, would we still need two midfielders?

Andersons Dietician

Can I have Sancho and Havertz and then just skip the 3rd signing because I can’t currently think of a decent defensive midfielder type?

DDG
Bissaka Lindelof Maguire Shaw
????? Pogba
Sancho Havertz Rashford
Martial
Havertz will never happen but Sancho is a deal I reckon we could do.

Last edited:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
It’s only based on 1 game. Unnecessary thread. It’s unfair to judge who can step up or needs to be upgraded at this stage.

By end of season you might make a new thread ‘’9 realistic signings to improve us”.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Harry Kane (Rash and Martial to fight for LW/compete for CF)

Sancho

Modric (just for a season, following year I’d have Garner in)

M Bison

Supports
York City
It’s only based on 1 game. Unnecessary thread. It’s unfair to judge who can step up or needs to be upgraded at this stage.

By end of season you might make a new thread ‘’9 realistic signings to improve us”.
I think it’s just a bit fun mate, don’t overthink it!

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
How do you improve a team thats averaged a 4-0 win in the league so far this season? It’s impossible to tell, but for the fun of it:

De Gea
Wan-Bissaka Maguire Lindelof Shaw
Kante McTominay
Pogba
Sancho Rashford Son

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Harry Kane (Rash and Martial to fight for LW/compete for CF)

Sancho

Modric (just for a season, following year I’d have Garner in)
Did you miss the word realistic in the title? :wenger:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I think it’s just a bit fun mate, don’t overthink it!
I think I’m being more simple here than what you think. New season just started, transfer window just closed, pleased with the transfer business & let’s enjoy the season.

Don’t need to overthink who do we need to sign for improvement.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Kante, Sancho, Alex Sandro/another LB that I'm forgetting?

Perhaps someone like Thiago Alcantara if he wanted to come here to go and mix with McSauce, Pogba and well, Kante if he signed instead of Alex Sandro and we can put up with Shaw but I feel like if we got Kante then the midfield would sort itself out and we need a better left back than Shaw.

Don't think there are any available, realistic strikers out there.

--------------De Gea---------------
--AWB - Lindelof -- Maguire - LB--
-------Kante - McTominay---------
----Sancho - Pogba - Martial------
--------------Rashford--------------

With that front four interchanging positions and Martial moving up to make a front two at times whilst Pogba and Sancho float around.

Last edited:

USREDEVIL

Can't see that being realistic at all.

Even for Sancho I think you'll need to how some marked improvements as a team over this season to attract that type of talent.
Kai Havertz is too good for Manchester United? nah man, we've not fallen that far down

M Bison

Supports
York City
I think I’m being more simple here than what you think. New season just started, transfer window just closed, pleased with the transfer business & let’s enjoy the season.

Don’t need to overthink who do we need to sign for improvement.
As I say, I think it’s just a bit of fun mate (or at least that’s how I’ve treated it!)