6th most prolific trio in Top 5 leagues! Average age 21.3 years

Danny Roberts

Didn't you realise they're in the premier league mate? hardly conference south is it
Pretty sure lots and lots of teams in big five leagues can boast two home grown players.

Anyway, the argument will hold a lot more validity of they fulfill their potential and become genuine world class players, which we all hope they do.

Falcow

21.3! That excites me, they are only going to get better.

Two home grown players as well.

Total purchase cost = 56 Mill.
I think the 56m was target based and up front fee was 38m? Maybe I'm wrong.

Anyway very impressive especially with Rashford being out so long. Season ain't over yet!

RedTechsture

Supports
Shrewsbury Town FC
Lewandovski, sweet Jesus O Nazereth :/ What a fecking specimen he is :o
Shame what happened to Muller though. Not taking anything away from him, still enjoy watching him play but 4/5 years ago he looked like he was going to be an absolute superstar.

Anyway - Think we can take a lot of positives from this. The average age, and also the company we're keeping around us in that little table, despite us clearly not having the best season (although iimproving exponentially since a certain arrival). Need this progresson to keep gathering momentum now.

Brightonian

I actually do think Greenwood has been underused this season. He's got 3 times as many goals as Dan James in half the starts. I know he's young but 5 league starts? Not enough imo, especially in a team that struggles to score. The things with Ighalo staying and Sancho seemingly on the way, I don't see a huge jump in opportunities for him in the first team next season.
I see what you're saying, but I think easing him in cautiously is precisely the reason he's been so successful. If Ole had just given in to the hype after those first few appearances, he'd have scored in a few more starts, the papers would have absolutely lost their minds over him, the pressure would have mounted, and a few goals without a game would have seen a massive backlash. 'Overrated', 'beginner's luck' etc. Being rotated out of the team would have been seen as being dropped, and potentially really hurt his confidence.

Ole played it perfectly, dropping him in here and there to score goals and build his confidence and his teammates' trust, but then lifting him out again to prevent a build-up of hype and pressure, and also to allow him to continue to develop physically without too much risk of an injury, which can be a disaster at this age.

Now he is settled, he is a stable part of the team, the press knows about him so if he starts banging them in there won't be such a hullabaloo about it. Now is the time to make him a regular. But we've got here the right way, by taking it slow.

Brightonian

I think the 56m was target based and up front fee was 38m? Maybe I'm wrong.

Anyway very impressive especially with Rashford being out so long. Season ain't over yet!
I read somewhere we've now paid out any extras that we will have to, and it ended up being £44.7m. Not bad, in hindsight!

RedStarUnited

Lack of assists relative to most of the other trios, is I suppose indicative of a dearth of creativity in our front three. To take us to the next level, we need a right winger who will lay chances on a plate for whichever two of Rashford/Martial/Greenwood are starting.
The other front 3s play together more. Martial was out for 2 months this season, Rashford missed about a month and a bit, Greewood is still on the fringes.

Thats really the reason for the low assists.

Revan

Assumptionman
Jesus Christ, Lewandowski :eek:

I totally missed what season he is having. He has scored more than Liverpool's attack, as much as Juventus (hey Cristiano) and almost as much as United's and Barca's (hi Messi).

Falcow

I read somewhere we've now paid out any extras that we will have to, and it ended up being £44.7m. Not bad, in hindsight!
Yeah pretty good, especially when you consider he is only 24 and currently looking like he is about to or at least capable of stepping it up a level.

He'sRaldo

*Removed Dortmund as it's hard to calculate Haaland mins breaking CL, German and Austrian league and cups. They should be right at the top when it comes to mins per goal + assist.
Given that both the Bayern and Dortmund trio's would be at the top of this list with insane numbers, is it ok to question the goalscoring in the Bundesliga? Or is it simply a coincidence?

Last edited:

M16Red

If I supported another team I'd be thinking "yeah, thats not good"

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Lewandowski what the feck :lol: you're supposed to decline after the age of 30