6th most prolific trio in Top 5 leagues! Average age 21.3 years

flappyjay

Lewandowski is an absolute monster. Our front three haven't played enough times together. Rashford and Martial already have a connection, Greenwood needs to make a connection with them too.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Lewandowski scored the same amount of goals as Juventus' front trio. Madness.

Brightonian

Imagine if Greenwood had started most of the games this season.
Ole has been exactly right to ease him in. There's a reason the transition has worked so well. It's time for him to become a regular starter now, but that doesn't mean it was a mistake not to just chuck him in at the start of the season and demand 20 goals from him.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Trio / GoalsTrio goalsTrio AssistsTrio Total MinsMins per GoalMins Per Goal + Assist
Bayern MunichRobert Lewandowski78439453121.1978.12
Serge Gnabry
Thomas Müller
Paris SGKylian Mbappé6831634393.2864.07
Mauro Icardi
Neymar
Man CitySergio Agüero62217658123.5292.27
Raheem Sterling
Gabriel Jesus
RB LeipzigTimo Werner58278502146.59100.02
Marcel Sabitzer
Emil Forsberg
FC BarcelonaLionel Messi54358173151.3591.83
Antoine Griezmann
Luis Suárez
Man UtdMarcus Rashford50177068141.36105.49
Anthony Martial
Mason Greenwood
AtalantaJosip Ilicic4916475096.9473.08
Duván Zapata
Luis Muriel
JuventusCristiano Ronaldo48247593158.19105.46
Paulo Dybala
Gonzalo Higuaín
LiverpoolMohamed Salah473410214217.32126.10
Sadio Mané

Roberto Firmino

*Removed Dortmund as it's hard to calculate Haaland mins breaking CL, German and Austrian league and cups. They should be right at the top when it comes to mins per goal + assist.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Ole has been exactly right to ease him in. There's a reason the transition has worked so well. It's time for him to become a regular starter now, but that doesn't mean it was a mistake not to just chuck him in at the start of the season and demand 20 goals from him.
I don't think @freeurmind was saying it was wrong to ease him in, to be fair. Just highlighting how impressive the stat is by saying one of them isn't even a regular starter.

I'm hoping Ole considers Greenwood as our first choice right attacker from here until the end of the season now, though. If he becomes a consistent starter for the remainder of the season, coupled with having Bruno and Pogba together at last, I can see these tree moving even further up this specific table!

Raw

Impressive considering they hadn't had any creativity behind them for the majority of the season.

meamth

I think Mason will need to adjust with his new physique now, maybe next or the season after he will be banging goals for fun.

Anyway, great stuff here knowing where our attack compared to the elites.

M16Red

21.3! That excites me, they are only going to get better.

Two home grown players as well.

Total purchase cost = 56 Mill.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
21.3! That excites me, they are only going to get better.

Two home grown players as well.

Total purchase cost = 56 Mill.
This is the thing that brings me the most joy also.

Our academy really has done a wonderful job in the last 10 years or so, so many bright talents. What other club can boast they have 2 star homegrown talents at the top of world football?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Feel like this stat needs another column which tells you how often they actually play together...

Web of Bissaka

Interesting young average age. Promising for football.

It's actually "Top three goal scorers" for every club isn't it. Currently it seems to give the impression the 3 per club play together a lot.

Putting a context to our stat, the thing is Bruno and Pogba are also the type to score plenty of goals but we don't have the duo for basically the one-half of this season. Pogba is basically out injured and have similar number of minutes with Bruno's before the recent "restart".

:devil:Looking forward to see the contest of goals next season between these fantastic 5: Rash, Mart, Green, Brun and Pog.

jackal&hyde

That's impressive really. Add that they were served by Lingard and Pereira for most of the season and you can see how much more potential there is with proper AMs.

Infra-red

Trio / GoalsTrio goalsTrio AssistsTrio Total MinsMins per GoalMins Per Goal + Assist
Bayern MunichRobert Lewandowski78439453121.1978.12
Serge Gnabry
Thomas Müller
Paris SGKylian Mbappé6831634393.2864.07
Mauro Icardi
Neymar
Man CitySergio Agüero62217658123.5292.27
Raheem Sterling
Gabriel Jesus
RB LeipzigTimo Werner58278502146.59100.02
Marcel Sabitzer
Emil Forsberg
FC BarcelonaLionel Messi54358173151.3591.83
Antoine Griezmann
Luis Suárez
Man UtdMarcus Rashford50177068141.36105.49
Anthony Martial
Mason Greenwood
AtalantaJosip Ilicic4916475096.9473.08
Duván Zapata
Luis Muriel
JuventusCristiano Ronaldo48247593158.19105.46
Paulo Dybala
Gonzalo Higuaín
LiverpoolMohamed Salah473410214217.32126.10
Sadio Mané

Roberto Firmino

*Removed Dortmund as it's hard to calculate Haaland mins breaking CL, German and Austrian league and cups. They should be right at the top when it comes to mins per goal + assist.
Lack of assists relative to most of the other trios, is I suppose indicative of a dearth of creativity in our front three. To take us to the next level, we need a right winger who will lay chances on a plate for whichever two of Rashford/Martial/Greenwood are starting.

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
Considering our inconsistency and lack of midfield most of the season. Really impressive. F*ck Voldemort

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Firmino has just 9 goals overall this season?
Defensive striker.

The man is one of the most overrated player by pundits and the Caf. He gets showered in praised but his output is mediocre for a striker. The man has scored once at home this season yet you have the likes of Carragher and Sky claiming that he's the most complete striker in the league.

Complete delusion.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Defensive striker.

The man is one of the most overrated player by pundits and the Caf. He gets showered in praised but his output is mediocre for a striker. The man has scored once at home this season yet you have the likes of Carragher and Sky claiming that he's the most complete striker in the league.

Complete delusion.
It's not like he doesn't get chances, he is 3rd in most shots taken, 4th in shots taken from 6 yard box, 3rd in shots from penalty area.

He has xG of 15.6 and scored 8 league goals.

Also shows how players are rated based on team's results.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
We’re there and Inter aren’t.

Has the era of everything Woodward touches turning to shit finally passed?

Santoryo

ripping the reward
It's not like he doesn't get chances, he is 3rd in most shots taken, 4th in shots taken from 6 yard box, 3rd in shots from penalty area.

He has xG of 15.6 and scored 8 league goals.

Also shows how players are rated based on team's results.
Yep.

I also hate how pundits try to make him a world class striker based on intangibles such as the glue linking the attach etc, as if we don't watch him play. They make it out as if his build up play is some things never seen before when in truth he's simply has good build up and link up play within his team but not enough to offset his lack of goal output.

The fact that the consensus by pundits and the likes of Sky is that this guy is a top striker and the most complete one in the league does my head in, and also show how Liverpool dominated these sport channels are. No one in their right mind should ever think of Firmino as a complete striker given his lack of goals already rule him out, but Sky and Liverpool infested sport TV channels keep driving that narrative which in turn fester the minds of your casual viewers who then actually believe Firmino is a world class complete striker.

The bloke has 9 goals all season and he gets called world class and complete striker. What a joke.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Defensive striker.

Complete delusion.
The difference to how they treat Firmino as opposed to say Martial is ridiculous. Martial has more than twice the goals yet all you ever hear is 'needs to do it more regularly'

Nickelodeon

The difference to how they treat Firmino as opposed to say Martial is ridiculous. Martial has more than twice the goals yet all you ever hear is 'needs to do it more regularly'
Even after a hattrick, all I heard were negatives as how Martial has never done it enough or doesn't show consistency etc. There is no such thing is impartial punditry anymore. There's an opinion which has already been formed about certain players and facts and stats just get in the way.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
No Liverpool fans coming in to defend Bobby? Oh, yeah :lol:

freeurmind

weak willed
These stats do show we need more goals from midfield.
I don't think @freeurmind was saying it was wrong to ease him in, to be fair. Just highlighting how impressive the stat is by saying one of them isn't even a regular starter.

I'm hoping Ole considers Greenwood as our first choice right attacker from here until the end of the season now, though. If he becomes a consistent starter for the remainder of the season, coupled with having Bruno and Pogba together at last, I can see these tree moving even further up this specific table!
I actually do think Greenwood has been underused this season. He's got 3 times as many goals as Dan James in half the starts. I know he's young but 5 league starts? Not enough imo, especially in a team that struggles to score. The things with Ighalo staying and Sancho seemingly on the way, I don't see a huge jump in opportunities for him in the first team next season.

fps

In a winning team, it all gets plastered over. It'll be interesting to see who Liverpool go for in the transfer window. There is some refreshment of competition needed.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
These stats do show we need more goals from midfield.
With Pogba and Bruno they’ll definitely come next season. Bruno is already 3 goals and 3 assists in 7 PL games.