A football agent's take on the crazy upcoming summer window

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Very interesting video. I like the part about highlighting the risk a player takes when he doesn't wanna renew a contract (if the club wanna keep him) as the money he'd hope to find elsewhere won't be guaranteed.

Hastar

Supports
Liverpool
'I don't want to name the club' - promptly names the club.

'Mbappe is happy at PSG'. - nope he isn't. Everyone knows he wants Real Madrid. Everyone knows he wants be the main guy. At PSG he can't be.

He did get some things right. Too many things influence a player now, instead of just football.

He is right about players being concerned about injury in the last months.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
'I don't want to name the club' - promptly names the club.

'Mbappe is happy at PSG'. - nope he isn't. Everyone knows he wants Real Madrid. Everyone knows he wants be the main guy. At PSG he can't be.

He did get some things right. Too many things influence a player now, instead of just football.

He is right about players being concerned about injury in the last months.
Mbappe is happy at PSG of course. The relationship between him and them is very good for someone who is running down his contract.

Red&Black

Supports
Milan
more big bosmans available than ever before, and it's a major problem. players are asking for astronomical wages, in a footballing world that is attempting to claw those wages back.

my milan (was forced to) restructured top to bottom and "rid" of the big contract goblins. brought in a new/improved scouting department, signed young/relatively cheap players on much lesser wages to fix the books, and saw a massive increase in performance. kessie is our last "problem" from the chinese ownership era, and after publicly declaring he wants to stay at milan for life in a bizarre interview, he has chosen to delay his renewal in hopes for a massive payday.

i feel like agents have far too much power. everyone wants to be the new raiola and player's are easily manipulated by the $. now the issue becomes Bosman transfers are ending up costing clubs as much/more with the wages and agent commissions.

Cloud7

i feel like agents have far too much power. everyone wants to be the new raiola and player's are easily manipulated by the $. now the issue becomes Bosman transfers are ending up costing clubs as much/more with the wages and agent commissions.
Do they? For your average transfer let’s say there’s a transfer fee of 50 million, which gets thrown about like nothing in England (right or wrong) then you have a signing on bonus, and the wages, agent fees etc.

Sure, a player like Messi or Mbappe might end up absorbing the cost of a transfer fee in wages and such anyway, but I don’t think your average player would end up costing the club as much as a transfer fee and wages would. The only loser there really is the club that the player is leaving.