A Friendly Thread For Protesting Fans

USREDEVIL

I don't know how hard this would be but the forum admins should turn this site from Red to Green and Gold for the rest of the season. It' won't change the world but every little signal helps push our position that this set of owners is an absolute fecking disgrace.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Can't agree with this. It's meaningless to demand the departure of one owner without a serious proposal as to an acceptable alternative owner/ownership model and a plan for how to make it happen.
I was mostly trying to keep it about the protests across all the clubs and not topics that divide us and stop others from joining in. I doubt the Liverpool fans will have any future owners in mind either but they still want their owners out too. It’s not the only answer but I feel like the protests are just the beginning. the end game has to be the government take note and hopefully intervene with some new legislation that supports the fans

Last edited:

croadyman

Worth signing up for this if anyone hasn’t already, only takes a minute to do.
EDIT: reclaimourgame.com is the site for it I think.
Yeah definitely worth signing up for as it doesn't cost a penny, also shared it on Whatsapp and Facebook page too

Brightonian

I was mostly trying to keep it about the protests across all the clubs and not topics that divide us and stop others from joining in. I doubt the Liverpool fans will have any future owners in mind either but they still want their owners out too. It’s not the only answer but I feel like the protests are just the beginning. the end game has to be the government take note and hopefully intervene with some new legislation that supports the fans
I applaud the sentiment of trying to keep the thread for positive suggestions, I'm just saying that for me 'Get the Glazers out' is only half an objective. The Glazers will be out when someone buys them out, ultimately, so until you decide who that should be - a better owner, a fan ownership scheme, something else - then 'Glazers out' means nothing.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I applaud the sentiment of trying to keep the thread for positive suggestions, I'm just saying that for me 'Get the Glazers out' is only half an objective. The Glazers will be out when someone buys them out, ultimately, so until you decide who that should be - a better owner, a fan ownership scheme, something else - then 'Glazers out' means nothing.
it’s not about glazers out per se. I mean it is but the main takeaway for me is that all the fans of all these clubs are going nuts at their foreign owners for trying to take their game away and the fans (and politicians) aren’t represented. it becomes political when there are that many people (voters) and that much money involved. Even on a practical level the extra police work they could be doing without as everyone starts coming back in Liverpool, Manchester, and London and hopefully at the same time. Their sponsors have got to be hating this. There’s a momentum here and something positive could come of it. If the glazers even agreed to sell 10% to the fans as a group and give them a seat on the board that would be amazing. I’d be happy enough to continue with the glazers if they did something like this but I’d also take my chances with a new owner to not do any worse. 50+1 or sell to the fans is the dream. We are just totally at the mercy of their whims otherwise.

Last edited: