g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

A Uefa Conference league title or a League cup?

Which would you rather your club won?

• European Conference League

Votes: 82 37.1%
  • League Cup

Votes: 139 62.9%

• Total voters

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Top 3? What does top 3 even mean now that we have automatic qualification for 4th place?
what an odd question.. I'd rather have been second than third and third rather than fourth. plus, I think it puts us in a different pot for the CL draw

Stadjer

Kind of surprised with the responses here. Winning the ECL gets you into the Europa League. Winning the league cup gets you into the ECL. Just on that basis, I'd say ECL win is worth two spots more in league position.
Are you really suprised?

Manchester United won the League cup so people on a Manchester United forum will argue that the trophy they won is worth more than the Conference League that they didnt win. Had Manchester United been in the Conference League and won it than the argument would be that the Conference League is worth more.

I hope Manchester United will never be in the Conference League but i would rather win the Conference League than a League Cup.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Are you really suprised?

Manchester United won the League cup so people on a Manchester United forum will argue that the trophy they won is worth more than the Conference League that they didnt win. Had Manchester United been in the Conference League and won it than the argument would be that the Conference League is worth more.

I hope Manchester United will never be in the Conference League but i would rather win the Conference League than a League Cup.
If Man United were in the conference league in the first place it would mean something has gone horribly wrong for them.

Can also pretty much guarantee West Hqm won't be winning the league cup any time in the near future, as it has better teams in it than the conference league, and is therefore harder to win.

I don't think it's much to do with being on a Man Utd forum. That's just how it is. Neither are exactly A list trophies but the league cup is usually won by better teams than West Ham, due to the fact being in it doesn't have a prerequisite of being too rubbish to qualify for better competitions.

As far as the forum goes, if United ended up in a big enough state to be I the conference league in a year's time, there'd be calls to sack the manager, owners, all the players, etc. And I doubt winning it would do much to appease anyone. Even the europa league would only be tolerated as a stepping stone for United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal fans, etc. Tottenham being the odd one out as you'd think they'd have wanted to win something, but then they do pretty much actively try not to.

Last edited:

ShinjiNinja26

League cup all day. Winning the Conference League means you’ve either finished 7th in your league the season before or you’ve failed to get out the Europa League group stage and have dropped down to that competition. Both of which are scenarios I hope Utd never face.

Zagoon

Supports
Arsenal
The Conference League gets you more than the Carabao Cup, doesnt it?

I think based on that alone, you know who won the bigger trophy. West Ham United.