Aaron Hickey

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReligion

Abusive
Highly rated Scottish full back linked with Arsenal. Only 20 years old but looks a talent.

Looks like he’s off to Brentford. Sky state having a medical today before a move from Bologna.

Here we go confirmed by Romano.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Raphinha, Hickey and probably Martinez as well...Arsenal are becoming the club everyone loves to turn down.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Wise move for playing time, but I thought they play wingbacks? Anyway interested to see how he fairs.

TheReligion

Abusive
About the move it’s a good one for all parties. Other clubs get to see how he adapts to the PL getting regular game time and if he goes well then Brentford will make some money and let him move on.

TheReligion

Abusive
Yeah for sure, I was selfishly thinking of it from a United perspective to be honest, as I thought he was worth a punt.
I think if he really turns up in the PL he’ll be on the move again quickly. If bigger clubs were looking at him (and they likely are) I would imagine it suits everyone to let Brentford have a free run at him at this point whilst monitoring his progress.

It will take time to adapt from Serie A so why not let another club, who you can easily buy from later, do that for you?

Appreciate this sounds very disrespectful but it’s not meant to be @el diablorojo

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I think if he really turns up in the PL he’ll be on the move again quickly. If bigger clubs were looking at him (and they likely are) I would imagine it suits everyone to let Brentford have a free run at him at this point whilst monitoring his progress.

It will take time to adapt from Serie A so why not let another club, who you can easily buy from later, do that for you?

Appreciate this sounds very disrespectful but it’s not meant to be @el diablorojo
I agree, I just meant in terms of if they spend their development in the wing back role, he might not be a target in the future if we don't play 3 at the back. To be fair, we still have no idea how we will set up.

BurgerVan

Supports
Arsenal
Raphinha, Hickey and probably Martinez as well...Arsenal are becoming the club everyone loves to turn down.
Must be wonderful to have such a successful window like Utd are having :wenger:

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford

It's not disrespectful it's our business model ;)

Take players where we see potential, develop them, then be prepared to sell them at peak value for us and move on to the next.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
Been tracking him for a while - Romano playing catch up this was "here go'd" by those ITK a couple of days ago. Looking forward to seeing him in red and white and fills a problem area at right back for us.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Been tracking him for a while - Romano playing catch up this was "here go'd" by those ITK a couple of days ago. Looking forward to seeing him in red and white and fills a problem area at right back for us.
Isnt Hickey a Lb?

The Sub Goalie

Isnt Hickey a Lb?
I'm a Hearts season ticket holder so seen a fair bit of Hickey. He can play in either full back position but has player the majority at left back.

I think I have mentioned this before but he is a real prospect, any time he has made the step up he has fitted in straight away and looks like he has been part of the team for years. Even as a 16 year old playing in a Scottish Cup Final. He actually reminds me of Dennis Irwin, showing my age here haha.

devilish

Must be wonderful to have such a successful window like Utd are having :wenger:
I guess its still better then fans who think that they support a big club despite the fact that it had never won the CL.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'm a Hearts season ticket holder so seen a fair bit of Hickey. He can play in either full back position but has player the majority at left back.

I think I have mentioned this before but he is a real prospect, any time he has made the step up he has fitted in straight away and looks like he has been part of the team for years. Even as a 16 year old playing in a Scottish Cup Final. He actually reminds me of Dennis Irwin, showing my age here haha.
Sounds good.

How did he get along at Bologna as far as you know?

The Sub Goalie

Sounds good.

All reports very positive and he even chipped in with a few goals. He has also just broke in to the Scotland squad although he didn't have his best game in the World Cup play off.

Really interested to see how he goes in the Premier League.

The_Dark_Knight

Sounds good.

I watched most of his matches last season. He was in their top 2 or 3 players last season. For a 19/20 year old, that is mightly impressive.

I wanted us to go for him. He's only turned 20 but his ceiling is incredibly high.

He's a top class player. He's a left back, but his former manager Craig Levein says that he'll eventually play as an anchorman.

He's one of those types of players who could legit play anywhere and not miss a beat. He is definitely still raw, as he showed when he played for Scotland, but he will eventually get a move to a massive club... hoped it would be us.

When Brentford eventually sell him, it'll be for £50m+

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Can't understand why you'd trade Bologna for Brentford myself, would be a right laugh going to Italy as a youngster earning good money. I suppose money and Prem football are big drawsand maybe the macaroni pies aren't so great in Bologna.

AkaAkuma

Can't understand why you'd trade Bologna for Brentford myself, would be a right laugh going to Italy as a youngster earning good money. I suppose money and Prem football are big drawsand maybe the macaroni pies aren't so great in Bologna.
agree with this, he could move around some big Italian teams and still have plenty of time to move to the prem.

The_Dark_Knight

The kid rejected Bayern Munich for Bologna, so he clearly has a vision for his own path.

He'll definitely have been guaranteed first team football at Brentford. That's why he rejected Bayern for Bologna.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
The kid rejected Bayern Munich for Bologna, so he clearly has a vision for his own path.

He'll definitely have been guaranteed first team football at Brentford. That's why he rejected Bayern for Bologna.
Game time is everything for young players. No point to join big club to sit on bench or get loan out every season.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably

Does he only go for B teams?

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
He sounds very exciting. I’m looking forward to seeing how he develops next season. One for the FPL tracker. Rico Henry did alright there last season.
He will play right back and Rico will continue at left back - looking forward to seeing that next season:)

BurgerVan

Supports
Arsenal
I guess its still better then fans who think that they support a big club despite the fact that it had never won the CL.
Touchy much? Chill yourself. I support my local club that my grandads grandad supported, regardless of whatever honours. The fact that we are the 3rd most sucessful team in the country is a bonus.

devilish

Touchy much? Chill yourself. I support my local club that my grandads grandad supported, regardless of whatever honours. The fact that we are the 3rd most sucessful team in the country is a bonus.
That's impressive. You would have expected that such legacy supporters wouldn't spend their time on a Manchester united forum. Oh well

Status
Not open for further replies.